Aug healer

joga
Myrmidon

Postby joga » May 25, 2016 13:41

Since to this date, no one has started a topic about it, I'll take the honor to do so.
Cele is exclusive to Mid, Theurg and Druid can buff haste, Friar and Warden have selfhaste too, but in addition to buffed haste an additive grouphaste is a unique advantage to the already melee strong realm Midgard, thus groups will run with two healers for this reason and the resis against Hib bomb (energy) and Sorc/Cabb (Matter/Body) as well of course.

I see three viable specc's for it: (Mend/Aug/Pac)
31/44/4
Blue spread, yellow heal, purple group cele
haste is hard capped, so a sc'd melee won't need it/be able to fully use it.

36/40/4
Yellow groupheal, higher grp. insta, insta, purple haste, yellow cele, still yellow resis
Good enough for low and mid rr groups, I think I'll be going for this specc

39/37/4 (not really viable to put all remaining points into pac, since you don't gain that much, but need to respecc it if you change your mind and can't use single respeccs if you do.)
Yellow spread, still yellow haste and cele

While leveling, you might want to put the 4 rest points into Pac early on to have at least Pom1 if there is no pac healer in grp

Dwarf or norse is a difficult question. From the stats, dwarf has 10 less Str to gain 10 con, dex and piety is the same thus it's superior, for that reason however there might be more Norse as melee and you would be harder to target since you too wear chain. In the end it's a question of a small advantage in hp over not being recognized the first seconds and is in my opinion personal preference rather than a real advantage. I think I'll be sticking with dwarf.

Discuss.

Puz
Warder

Postby Puz » Jun 11, 2016 08:37

To me the choice is whether the resists are worth the investment into aug. Any celerity will do tbh and I like to be versatile.

So I'm looking at 33m/22a/36p for a tri-spec setup! Can still heal just as good, but gain a lot of CC!
Na Fianna Dragun / The Dark Alliance

Jafeeio
Myrmidon

Postby Jafeeio » Jun 11, 2016 09:03

No doubt dwarf. Smaller character means you're harder to target and 10 more con and 5% body resist are great. You're not going to fool anyone on a norseman, in fact you're painfully obvious with a small shield and certainly after the first spell you cast.

I think I like 39/37 the best without looking at how much mana you actually have to work with, but from experience I can tell you that the 39 spreadheal is a mana black hole 8)

Puz wrote:To me the choice is whether the resists are worth the investment into aug. Any celerity will do tbh and I like to be versatile.

So I'm looking at 33m/22a/36p for a tri-spec setup! Can still heal just as good, but gain a lot of CC!

This totally depends on how comfortable you are playing a Pac healer honestly. I don't think you're helping your group much with that 22 aug, you don't even get any resi buffs. You also can't do EVERYTHING, splitting your attention between CC'ing, healing, casting celerity, rebuffing... way better to have clear Pac and Aug roles.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 11, 2016 10:07

Just wondering, who are you trying to hide from as a dwarf? If I see dwarf I think healer right off the bat. Norse is normally harder to tell straight away what class as it could be healer or skald. Sometimes looks like bers from a distance or even savage if you don't have your glasses on hehe. If I click dwarf at clip range I usually assume healer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Puz
Warder

Postby Puz » Jun 12, 2016 14:28

Jafeeio wrote:This totally depends on how comfortable you are playing a Pac healer honestly. I don't think you're helping your group much with that 22 aug, you don't even get any resi buffs. You also can't do EVERYTHING, splitting your attention between CC'ing, healing, casting celerity, rebuffing... way better to have clear Pac and Aug roles.

The aug is plenty for pve and means you can throw in celerity when there is no pure aug healer. The spec just makes me more versatile. If I start running set 8-man I would reconsider but until then it seems capable of it all. Pve, small man, both healer roles for pick-upp groups etc.

Also, you need some aug to cap buffs?

lewisbt
Guardian

Postby lewisbt » Aug 08, 2016 17:01

I've been thinking of rolling a mend/aug healer and was thinking of going 36 mend, 37 aug, and 15 pac.

I'm doing this as it seems 36 mend/37 aug will provide the tools to be a decent healer and will have good resist buffs and celerity. The 15 pac will give me weak AOE mez and stun while also providing a weak pow regen buff.

I haven't played DAoC in a while and am rusty in the RvR, but this seems to be a decent build where I can focus on healing and buffing my group and still having the option to do a little CC should it be necessary. Could anyone who has more experience weigh in on the effectiveness of this build?

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Aug 10, 2016 12:07

Puz wrote:To me the choice is whether the resists are worth the investment into aug. Any celerity will do tbh and I like to be versatile.

Puz wrote:Also, you need some aug to cap buffs?

You won't cap anything with 22 aug spec. It's an uncommon pac spec, not tri really :)

İf you don't have 37 aug in your build, then you are not aug. Your group is running with gimp base and resist buffs. Max 44 for red cele if you want.

İf you don't have 36 pac in your build, then you are not pac. With no insta amnesia like bard or no quick cast + bolt range mezz like sorc it's not wise to skip. Max 44 for red aoe mezz.

İf you don't have 30 mending, then you are not even a healer. At low RR, max 35 for both 75% instas. If you are high enough to get some decent mana regen RAs, 39 for the second spreadheal is an option. 39/37 works for both pac and aug.

Rhodala
Guardian

Postby Rhodala » Aug 14, 2016 19:42

imamizer wrote:

Puz wrote:Also, you need some aug to cap buffs?

You won't cap anything with 22 aug spec. It's an uncommon pac spec, not tri really :)

İf you don't have 37 aug in your build, then you are not aug. Your group is running with gimp base and resist buffs. Max 44 for red cele if you want.

İf you don't have 36 pac in your build, then you are not pac. With no insta amnesia like bard or no quick cast + bolt range mezz like sorc it's not wise to skip. Max 44 for red aoe mezz.

İf you don't have 30 mending, then you are not even a healer. At low RR, max 35 for both 75% instas. If you are high enough to get some decent mana regen RAs, 39 for the second spreadheal is an option. 39/37 works for both pac and aug.

Don't get it..
He has 30 mend and 36 pac in his build..
Honestly: Why go higher on mend as 32? First spread is enough and you have 75/50% instas, even 30 is enough
In Pac there is nothing behind 38 worth the bunch of skill points you have to spend to get it.
So why not spend the points in aug? If there is no aug available you have at least +36% haste and much better buffs than a pure pac/mend.

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Aug 16, 2016 01:55

Rhodala wrote:Don't get it..
He has 30 mend and 36 pac in his build..

Yes he does and he can only cower the pac role with that spec. That's what I meant.

Rhodala wrote:Honestly: Why go higher on mend as 32? First spread is enough and you have 75/50% instas, even 30 is enough

I think you missed the "max" part. Yes 30m works fine. Then you have two choices.
1- getting better instas, composite mending at earlier RR, better spreadheal
2- getting gimp cele, boosting bases a little

Rhodala wrote:If there is no aug available you have at least +36% haste and much better buffs than a pure pac/mend.

With that logic will you inv mend shaman if there is no healer available? Because you will have even much better buffs than your trispec and group hot. :)
Last edited by imamizer on Aug 16, 2016 18:33, edited 2 times in total.

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Aug 16, 2016 10:48

duble post

Puz
Warder

Postby Puz » Jan 20, 2017 12:00

Now that we are rolling I'm back on this topic again. (I'm sorry for the slight hijack, seeing how I can be counted as pac healer. But perhaps some of you can shed some light on my no aug vs baby celerity aug question)

I will run 36 pac. I don't see the instant aoe stun as worth the extra points up to 38. I was fine doing the st insta on the bard and sorc groups that came to our camps last night. It would also give enemies an immunity for stun (how long is the immunity after that one? Anyone remember? And I really don't think the red mes is worth the extra points unless you are in a hardcore 8-man where the extra 3s on det tanks is worth it.

The 'problem' lies in where to put the other points.

On mending I see 31 - 35 - 39/40 as viable points to stop. 31m would give 25a, which gives 2 baby resists. Doesn't seem worth it. 35m would give baby celerity. This would sometimes be a help in both pve and rvr. But how often is to be decided yet. And if I where to run with steady aug healers (my guild currently has 3 pac healers and no aug I believe) I really wouldn't need that anyway.

Which leads to 36p/40m as the spec I am most likely to run with. Unless the groups from 40-42 are unable to find any aug. Then I will go baby celerity and respec out of that later on! :twisted:

XiaN^^
Myrmidon

Postby XiaN^^ » Feb 07, 2017 15:20

lulz @ some of the replys/ideas in this thread. let me educate you abit.

1. race
there is no question. dwarf is best by far. 3% thrust resist, 5% body resist, higher hp than norse. no1 who is remotely good at this game will be fooled by a norse healer. if you are paci norse is an option for the better los on some hills or when on a milegate/keep but its extremely situational and 9/10 times dwarf is still the better option.

2. starting points
15 dex 10 pie
there are no breakpoints on uthgard and without frostalfs you cant have more than 50 base dex. therefor this is a nobrainer.

3. spec
37aug 39mend 4pac

3.1. why 39mend?
this was the best spec on live and its even more so on uthgard. reason for that is due to the fact that mana cost on ST heals on uthgard is bugged. let me explain. spreadheal when used while your party is at full health costs reduced amount of power. this is correct behaviour like it was on live. however for some reason that mechanic also applies to ST heals in a completely broken way. you can test that yourself. when you heal yourself with major while beeing at full health it takes 6% power (at aug acu0) but when you buff yourself and heal the missing hp it suddenly takes 11% power. this is broken, major is supposed to always take 6% power at aug acuity0, no matter if the target is at full health or not. same goes for all heals except spreadheal. spreadheal is the only heal in the game that had this special mechanic. however this bug leads to the fact that spreadheal becomes your most power efficient heal (under the condition you dont overheal) and yellow spreadheal is much better heal per power than blue spreadheal, hence 39 mend is best spec.

3.2. why 37 aug?
reason for that is simple. resists! you cant run with blue resists. you simply cant. ideally you would even want red body resist to not get blown up by the caba+sorc train so easily but that would mean running without even blue spreadheal so thats not even an option to consider. but why 37aug then wouldnt 33 be enough you ask? no! reason for that is hib pbae and sorc mezz are both energy. you want yellow resist here. also you want high aug to have good base buffs.

3.3 celerity
the value of celerity depends alot on your group setup but its safe to say that its way overrated in the vast majority of cases. first of all yellow celerity costs about 7-8% power (at aug acu0) which is quite significant if you plan to keep it up at all times. now lets look at who actually benefits from it.

for savages its a terrible buff. even a troll svg with capped qui in his temp + self haste almost hits swing spd cap on his own (1.61s iirc) celerity overcaps swing speed by alot and therefor reduces their dps. for any other race it only gets worse cos they overcap swing speed even more with any celerity (even green one) effectively reducing their dps even more.

for zerkers its argueably usefull when they are trolls and/or use 2h vendo while celerety is up. however the actual dps increase while dual wielding is rather small. however with 2h and especially vendo+2h its significant.

so that leaves warriors and skalds. the dood that you definitaly wanna have in range when you cast celerity is without a doubt your warrior. he benefits the most from it by far and can really melt stuff down very quickly with it.

for skalds its situational. under normal conditions you wanna use your skald to fly around and interupt as many things as possible and burst on a target to kill it when needed thus prefer to not have celerity to maximize dmg as you probably only gonna hit your target once and then move on to interupt the next target. however there is situations where you wanna have your skald stick longer to the same target (for example when killing tank trains) in that particular situation you want your skald to have celerity for the increased dps.
Bigboyo <Los Boyos el Grande> Grand Overlord of Midgard and Slayer of Virgins

Minaor
Warder

Postby Minaor » Feb 07, 2017 20:01

@Xian : agreed on spec & race !

XiaN^^ wrote:2. starting points
15 dex 10 pie
there are no breakpoints on uthgard and without frostalfs you cant have more than 50 base dex. therefor this is a nobrainer.

What do you mean no breakpoints ? The more dex you have the faster you cast without specific threshold to aim ? Is it due to 1.65 ?
Isnt 18dex +1 whatever (con/pie) better then ?

Kanaille
Guardian

Postby Kanaille » Feb 07, 2017 23:09

XiaN^^ wrote:
3. spec
37aug 39mend 4pac

I have been debating with myself over this for a bit now. The other possible spec that comes to mind would be 40 mend 36 aug. You would be trading the yellow energy-resist with a 100% rez.

I know you should be aiming for keeping the group alive in the first place - but people will die anyhow and i've heard that people can drop very quickly on this patch level, so the 100% rez would be very useful.
Also, resists don't make you able to resist spells more do they? So the sorc-mezz for example would only be a few seconds shorter on duration?

I can't really decide on this but have been thinking that the rez could be way more useful than a little bit shorter sorc-mezz-duration and a little less hib-bomb-damage perhaps.

What do you think?

XiaN^^
Myrmidon

Postby XiaN^^ » Feb 08, 2017 01:29

Minaor wrote:@Xian : agreed on spec & race !

XiaN^^ wrote:2. starting points
15 dex 10 pie

What do you mean no breakpoints ? The more dex you have the faster you cast without specific threshold to aim ? Is it due to 1.65 ?
Isnt 18dex +1 whatever (con/pie) better then ?

no break point means that every point in dex matters yes. its however not worth it to sacrifice 10 pie for 3 more dex. in the old days you could go 16dex rest in piety to reach a specific breakpoint with some aug dex but that doesnt exist on uthgard and power is a very limiting factor due to the bugged single target heals therefor 10 piety is good.
Bigboyo <Los Boyos el Grande> Grand Overlord of Midgard and Slayer of Virgins

Next

Return to Healer