The Road Ahead

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Oct 19, 2023 00:02

Hello friends,

I just wanted to share some thoughts/ideas about Uthgard going forward past the seven year mark. I know that nothing is planned moving forward, but what the hell...it wouldn't be a MMO shard without players asking for stuff.

Addressing realm hopping
This is a weird issue, with what almost feels like cross realming going on between upgrading doors, frequent realm switching to farm keeps that you know are upgraded etc. Perhaps implementing some increasing realm timer based on number of switches, or a bonus to RP gains for every week/month spent on a single realm.

Dragons and respec stones
I've never been around a bunch of nerds more horny for respec stones. Yes we all got one. We used it....we need to respec.

Finishing up the last few class bugs
Theurg air pets not stunning from range, and some bugged RAs (volcanic pillar, static tempest) come to mind.

Developing the Frontiers p2
I think we're all looking forward to the second part of Genjiros frontiers project.

Developing Claret BG a little more
With low pop, I always thought Claret would be more populated. Its a highly under utilized area, and maybe there are some small tweaks to bring it to life. A few ideas like:
~A boss that drops decent ROGs (all other BGs have one)
~Some small RP gains for killing NPCs
~Link the killspam to all other RvR zones
~Add alch ingredients to the zone loot table

Put a teleport NPC in the capital cities
What the hell, lets live dangerously

Put hasteners in every single town and area there are merchants
Make that really dangerously

Let the palintones blow up rams
I know this isn't easy to research, but palintones should blow up siege rams pretty quick. Give keep defenders a piece of siege that does something useful. I have no idea what the numbers should be. Maybe balance the numbers around a palintone blowing up a ram in the same time it takes a ram to knock down a level one door?

Add an ultimate incentive to not realm hop
I think a huge part of the mojo of original servers was realm lock. Anyway, my idea is to put some NPCs in the capital cities that sell some pretty cool stuff to players who haven't realm hopped in 3,6,9 or 12 months. Cool skins, purchasable respec stones, purchasable odds and ends from SI or Dragons, and what the hell, since I'm dreaming, give people who stick to a realm for a year a hearthstone.

~Cheers!
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Return to General Topics