For a New Beginning (Uthgard 3.0)

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Kenya
Warder

Postby Kenya » Sep 11, 2023 17:21

Hello, is a reset of Uthgard possible? that is to say removing the characters is starting a new beginning like an Uthgard 3.0 I think it is a good idea to attract the large number of players do not hesitate to tell us if you are for or against below! Long live Uthgard 3.0 (For a new adventure) :D

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Sep 11, 2023 21:01

No, this will not happen.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Sep 11, 2023 23:15

Kenya wrote:Hello, is a reset of Uthgard possible? that is to say removing the characters is starting a new beginning like an Uthgard 3.0 I think it is a good idea to attract the large number of players do not hesitate to tell us if you are for or against below! Long live Uthgard 3.0 (For a new adventure) :D

What for?
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Sep 17, 2023 12:21

This server will only ever have a small community of ~50 players max unless it is wiped. Whether you agree with a wipe or not, we all know that is the reality. If everybody here enjoys Uthgard for what is currently, then carry on.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Sep 17, 2023 12:43

albeyond wrote:This server will only ever have a small community of ~50 players max unless it is wiped. Whether you agree with a wipe or not, we all know that is the reality. If everybody here enjoys Uthgard for what is currently, then carry on.

There is no reason to wipe.

It will just follow the same decline in population as its seen with all resets, its just a daoc community thing. The ruleset with planned resets is not even popular. The daoc community is just impossible to cater for. Everyone want their childhood memories back, but soon realize those times are gone and it is the family, kids, house, job that has priority.

No wipe will change the fact that you got old.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Shenyen
Warder

Postby Shenyen » Sep 17, 2023 23:45

I fully agree with madskaizer,

a reset won't really change the natural course of the game.

It will draw a bunch of people but they too will get bored again and leave in a few months or a year and in the end the core that the game has now will remain - or those people will leave and play something completely else.

Shenyen on Uthgard 2 is the only RR 8 toon I ever had and if Uthgard were to be wiped, I will surely register the name, but there's no way I will ever play another DAoC toon as much as this cleric.
I guess I'll return to Final Fantasy 14 or play some more Planetside 2 etc.
Uthgard? Nah!

And resetting the server wouldn't even change the realm dynamics: Hibernia will still have the animists and lowest population in general, Midgard will have the Pro-players and Albion will have the highest number of players, by far.
And Albs will ****** about animists, Mids and Hibs will form a loose alliance against Albion and everybody ****** about Albion having the most players, as if that was something nobody ever experienced before in the 20 year long history of the game.
Shenyen
Sihunjan
Corvette
Others

Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Sep 19, 2023 20:10

Kenya wrote:Hello, is a reset of Uthgard possible? that is to say removing the characters is starting a new beginning like an Uthgard 3.0 I think it is a good idea to attract the large number of players do not hesitate to tell us if you are for or against below! Long live Uthgard 3.0 (For a new adventure) :D

Nice idea so next time we have a player base of 1 thats gonna be you i believe :D

Joking a parts last time didnt ended so well
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Sep 20, 2023 10:05

If +200% xp bonus can't make people come back and play, no amount of resets will.
Albion and having fun

Teufelhund
Warder

Postby Teufelhund » Sep 27, 2023 01:07

Resets would bring a lot of people back temporarily.

Not resetting with have the same ~30 players instead.

Over the course of 6 months or a year, what does it matter? Why is one better than the other? They each have their benefits but like many of you I drop by every few months to see what is happening and confirm still nothing and still 30 people playing and go back to seeing what else is happening. The cycle where some new server comes along and lives and dies in a year or two never seems to affect this place, which means those players have an itch not scratched here, otherwise when the other ones went down they have to get their crack somewhere, and this place is the only consistent offering yet even the crackies are avoiding this place. It has always been the decisions made here to remain static completely.

The average DAOC Private server enjoyer likely wouldn't come back here even with a wipe, not even that will shock it back to life. The same 30-50 40+ year old's will play here because they enjoy it or sunk cost fallacy, whatever we all have our reasons for where we toss our time. Coming back here is like looking at a high school year book and a girl I was with and how it never worked out. Because she was f'n crazy and no amount of reason could temper the loca.

Drund1943
Guardian

Postby Drund1943 » Oct 12, 2023 11:39

Teufelhund wrote:Resets would bring a lot of people back temporarily.

Not resetting with have the same ~30 players instead.
geometry dash online
Over the course of 6 months or a year, what does it matter? Why is one better than the other? They each have their benefits but like many of you I drop by every few months to see what is happening and confirm still nothing and still 30 people playing and go back to seeing what else is happening. The cycle where some new server comes along and lives and dies in a year or two never seems to affect this place, which means those players have an itch not scratched here, otherwise when the other ones went down they have to get their crack somewhere, and this place is the only consistent offering yet even the crackies are avoiding this place. It has always been the decisions made here to remain static completely.

The average DAOC Private server enjoyer likely wouldn't come back here even with a wipe, not even that will shock it back to life. The same 30-50 40+ year old's will play here because they enjoy it or sunk cost fallacy, whatever we all have our reasons for where we toss our time. Coming back here is like looking at a high school year book and a girl I was with and how it never worked out. Because she was f'n crazy and no amount of reason could temper the loca.

Thanks for detail answer.

MaSQue
Warder

Postby MaSQue » Nov 14, 2023 18:22

There is no reason to wipe.
So you just wanna play on a dead server then? I mean this is basically what live is, DEAD, this is a freeshard so why not wipe? I mean is your character THAT important on a server of 50?

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Nov 28, 2023 23:44

Abydos wrote:No, this will not happen.

Damn, you're still alive Abydos ! :D

There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Dec 01, 2023 04:59

Everyone is wrong. The one and only thing that would have a chance, and I emphasize- a chance - ,would be to convince all other DAoC freeshards to close but this one. Bottom line is that there are way too many options out there for the DAoC community to choose from. Additionally most of them don't like this patch level, old RA's, OF, no SI, etc. etc.. end of story. :hammer:

Filters
Gryphon Knight

Postby Filters » Dec 04, 2023 19:04

Just put beck new RA and Dragon and we good to go !

Easy fix !
there are none so deaf as those who will not hear

Norrffarkin47
Guardian

Postby Norrffarkin47 » Apr 24, 2024 11:53

This server will only ever have https://cannacraftcorner.com a small community of around 50 players maximum unless it is wiped. Whether you agree with a wipe or not, we all know that is the reality. If everybody here https://pureplantpleasures.com enjoys Uthgard for what it currently is, then carry on.

Return to General Topics