How to get a trophy

Tutorials, general information about DAoC and useful links.
kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Sep 29, 2019 09:11

HOW TO GET A TROPHY

...easy Step-by-Step for Hibernia

1. make sure you got the REMAINS from the mob you killed in your INVENTORY
---> theres NO info on remains for the "trophy-thing"! DONT sell em to any npc's unless you realy need to or you realy dont like trophy-hunting!
:!: remember, the mob needs to be at least green to you to drop something and its %-based! sometimes you have to kill em just 1 time, sometimes like 30 times to get the remains! :!:

2. MOVE to the housingzone marketplace (Hibernia, Meath-Market)

3. TALK to the person in front LEFT of the "Apprentice Taxidermist", named "Shaughnessy"
---> its not necessary but he will tell you more about trophy-hunting (RPG)
---> if you got any pixie-remains, should be the Taxidermist himself for the trophy
:?: dont know in which case, "Shaughnessy" takes my remains from " Red " aswell ... its a lvl15 anger-sprite! :?:

4. HAND HIM OUT the remains you got before
---> just "Drag and Drop" over him, same like a quest-item!

5. CHECK your quest-journal, you should got a NEW QUEST "xyz Remains"

6. HAND OUT the potion "Shaughnessy or the Taxidermist" was asking for (EXACTLY the same in your quest-journal/quest-description, the exactly name is realy important!)
---> you have to ask an alchemist to get the potion (another player, or craft it by yourself) or buy it from the market (its around 2G or LOT more...depends of the remains...minor/lesser/greater...)
:!: the potions are very expensive in market those days! maybe because the lesser-potions just start with 855 in Alch-skill, major starts with 945, etc. :!:

7. WAIT for x hours to get your trophy-reward by talking again to "Shaughnessy" or the "Taxidermist"
:!: its like 10 hours in RL :!:

8. place the trophy inside your house (Drag and Drop) or sell em into the market-place

The background:
I was searching a long time to get my 1st "real-usable-trophy-object" for my little house and i never found a step-by-step-description. So if there is another tutorial for trophy-hunting, just merge them ;-)

In Alb or Mid the most steps should be the same, just the npc-names and locations are different.

Examples:

Morty, LvL10 - frog, minor herpetology

Furor, LvL48 - skeleton, greater carnivorous

daoc-trophy-mobs, daoc trophy basics, daoc trophy, housing, indoor object, market-place, market, trophy-hunter, trophy-hunting, trophy-tutorial, shaughnessy, taxidermist
Last edited by kilmarnock_rha on Oct 10, 2020 15:19, edited 2 times in total.
...for Hibernia! :-D

kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Oct 09, 2020 12:49

More examples:

Daewain, LvL5 - frog, lesser herpetology

Bristle, LvL12 - badger, lesser mammalogy

Red, LvL15 - anger sprite, lesser avian

kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Oct 10, 2020 13:39

More examples:

Bertha, LvL15 - boar, lesser mammalogy

Geirshnae, LvL20 - cockatrice, lesser avian

Hondrund, LvL23 - cat, lesser mammalogy

kilmarnock_rha
Warder

Postby kilmarnock_rha » Oct 15, 2020 15:36

More examples:

Cubby, LvL24 - badger, lesser mammalogy

Bignose, LvL40 - boar, major mammalogy

Irusan, LvL49 - lion, greater mammalogy (in place i didn't take a screenshot from him/her :roll: )

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Aug 25, 2021 10:21

I added a new separate filter page to show all "Remains" drops on Uthgard, that are recorded and verified with chatlogs.

https://disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/remains.php
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Return to Tutorials