X-Mas Event: Jingle Joust 2008

Here you will find all our planned and done events
Rakjsh
Myrmidon

Postby Rakjsh » Dec 26, 2008 04:56

yeah thank you very much to all the Uth Staff and thakns Santa for the golden coins i've been a good boy this year :p
just sad this year there wont be any prize like reskin for the players of the event!
merry xmas everyone and happy new year

Lintu
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lintu » Dec 26, 2008 07:40

For sure there is some work done for this event and that's not done bad at all. It is a good alternative to usual way of DAoC and its gameplay. But the main thing I wanted to say is the part of a lucky game. There should be more "extras", i don't know in which way. Maybe powerups, maybe more features. I don't say that I would have made it better, hell no. But it's still a event for gamblers and that's why I dislike it. I like more to play some Triflekta instead ;) It's just my opinion and that's why I won't take part. For sure I respect the work, sorry if my last post didn't really show this.
Go on with the good work, I don't need to love 100% of it ;)

I just want(ed) to give a personal review ;)

Clarex
Myrmidon

Postby Clarex » Dec 26, 2008 11:20

Lintu wrote:There is not even a little skill in this event. Snowballs hit for a certain percentage, you cannot use any skills,spells,styles you have and the onliest reasons to get a kill is luck: You have to have less misses than your opponent.......Furthermore: Frosted snowballs have an imba high weight and do imba less damage. How stupid is that? Frosted snowballs should be more dmg, probably a bug so.

1.)

There is many luck ... but u cant say ... you can just win with luck ...
there are many fires were u reg faster health, if u kite any enemy to this place u can reg fast 20-40% life before he attack u again...
so please dont say that event have nothing to do with skill!

2.)

Frosted snowballs ... have the highest dmg but the lowest range!
Giant snowballs ... have middle dmg and middle range!
Normal snoballs ... have 'low dmg' and the highest range!

thats again something which is skilled ... to learn which snowball is good against the enemy ...
for example the enemy have frosted snowballs but u just have normals...
then use your range! and kite the enemy!
u can easy win if u use your range ;)

at the end: the first day of the event was funny ... but the fixes and scorereset was bad ... <.<
just lvl 1 chars in the zone so no more fun ;)
was a nice event! but next time plz activate sprint for all and make a lvl range from 10 or 20-50 !

MFG Clarex

Haldan
Eagle Knight

Postby Haldan » Dec 26, 2008 13:27

Why to make a difference between the lvl-ranges? As far as I know there
should not be any disadvantage for lower level players due to the snow-
balls always doing percentage based damage which is not influenced by
attributes.

However, I'm glad to see that you have fun and wish a nice last Xmas day.

Haldan

Lintu
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lintu » Dec 26, 2008 13:34

Haldan wrote:Why to make a difference between the lvl-ranges? As far as I know there
should not be any disadvantage for lower level players due to the snow-
balls always doing percentage based damage which is not influenced by
attributes.

Not a disadvantage, but an advantage: The health regen over time is NOT percentaged and working much better on lowlvl chars because of their low health ;)

CalvoHP
Eagle Knight

Postby CalvoHP » Dec 26, 2008 20:52

the event idea was very nice...

the only problem is the players who always find a way to cheat:

- lv 1 chars with higher regen rate than high lv chars.
- guild players teaming up
- /returnhome in the middle of the battle to avoid losing points

anyway ty staff members for ur efforts!! had some fun till found the $%^&* classic cheaters

Nayru
Developer
Developer

Postby Nayru » Dec 27, 2008 00:52

Lintu wrote:Well, my honest opinion is: This event sucks.

I don't really know what to reply but: Think of the different meanings of the phrases "I don't like ..." and "the ... sucks".
This event was a feature that was implemented again very quickly just to give you the opportunity to have a christmas event. It was meant as a fun event. If you don't like it, you don't need to participate. But telling us that it sucks is really perkily and doesn't really increase the motivation to do more spontaneous events...

Lintu
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lintu » Dec 27, 2008 02:37

Nayru wrote:
Lintu wrote:Well, my honest opinion is: This event sucks.

I don't really know what to reply but: Think of the different meanings of the phrases "I don't like ..." and "the ... sucks".

I thought the bold text of the quote would show it... Sorry if nobody likes to read the text like it was meant to be. If nobody even wants to understand my text, I better won't effort again to give any feedback. I can use the time for other things, too.

Sonnenschein
Alerion Knight

Postby Sonnenschein » Dec 27, 2008 06:25

I think the idea of this event was great: Give all players a chance to have fun & a chance to win without any classadvantage or disadvantage!

But people always find ways to win by not following the rules - they just want to WIN!

Thou it was just planned to have fun - we should not show any stats or whatelse to stop this hard competition, because many people can't deal with it. (And thats the mainproblem)

Thx for this event or more for this nice idea!

Golge
Guardian

Postby Golge » Dec 28, 2008 07:43

Don`t know if this is a stupid question, but isnt it bugabuse to log in lvl 1 chars only to get an advantage or using returnhome or something?

So why don`t you ban this ppl?

§5.1 The usage of hacks or exploits as well as the abuse of obvious bugs will result in immediate account termination. This includes Radartools, Speedhacks, Macrotools and Sniffertools.
§5.2 If you are unsure whether something is an exploit ask the staff before you use it any further. If you are sure it is an exploit that you detected report it immediately to the staff to prevent a potential account termination and stop using the exploit!

Lintu
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lintu » Dec 28, 2008 10:17

Well, maybe you just started DAoC and don't have another char. Is it an exploit then, too? Would it be fair to force others to take non-level1-chars, when newbies are allowed to? I think here should have been a strict levelrange destriction, you can't count it as any abuse. But this is a thing everyone will judge in another way about.
Mh... But §5.2 should hit this. I don't know if anyone asked the staff for that.

Denasti
Gryphon Knight

Postby Denasti » Dec 28, 2008 17:29

I went last year and it was fun but decided not to play this year. I noticed a few people abusing some things and took the fun out. I think putting on the event is very nice of the staff and I really enjoyed it the first time I played.

The point here is, if you think it sucks then don't play :wink:

The prize system would be nice if it was random per character and no drop. Then there wouldnt be a reason to abuse the rules. Everyone wins.

Thanks for all the effort this year.

Sonnenschein
Alerion Knight

Postby Sonnenschein » Dec 29, 2008 04:04

Good idea Denasti!

Would have been much nicer, because there is no competition then :)

Sest
Myrmidon

Postby Sest » Dec 29, 2008 20:51

Shame I could not attend the event, but familiy first.

"Feedback is one thing. Judgement is something else. Negative judgement formulated in an offensive way is again different.

Feedback is always welcome. If you only have the rest, keep it for yourself."

I had to listen to that lecture exactly one time (was my boss and his speech was aimed directly at me). It sunk in pretty fast, and I found out (after some thinking and reading and learning) that he was VERY right.

My advise to Lintu: at least consider it. That verbal kick in the butt from my boss did wonders in my case.

Previous

Return to Events