Late summer bonuses (Update)

Here you can comment on news articles.
Rakjsh
Myrmidon

Postby Rakjsh » Oct 02, 2021 20:11

Genjiro wrote:
Lewk wrote:This is an amazing change. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I know it is an event that will end in a month, but this type of XP boost puts Uthgard in a really good place. Still hard, but not "I-want-to-fall-asleep-because-this-is-dumb" hard.

There might be more to gain during events like this in the future I want to experiment with.

Romu wrote:
Kayd wrote:PvP is officially dead, Dead, DEAD. Less than 1% of people even have an inkling to participate in it in other games.

Top Ten Games on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/stats/):
Current Players Peak Today Game

708,871 768,149 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
597,821 614,592 Dota 2
285,619 384,282 PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS
220,899 263,289 Apex Legends
157,545 168,244 Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer
124,056 135,355 Grand Theft Auto V
109,779 109,877 Rust
99,315 119,488 Destiny 2
95,504 128,005 NARAKA: BLADEPOINT
70,267 74,935 Team Fortress 2

All Multiplayer/PvP Games

Hey Genjiro,

Any Chance to have an event that could last even 24 hours or timed perhaps to turn the whole server into a PVP area and revert it back? I'm no programmer and I don't know how feasible it would be to do it and to revert it back...

I have been thinking for a while about it and I thought it would be really cool...maybe even to repeat it every now and then like once every 2 weeks or monthly on a fixed date.

Perhaps with an added feature to be able to "change your name" for the duration of the event so that people wouldn't hold the grudge :)

I find it absolutely tickling but I really don't know how "easy" would it be to organise...
Thanks!

ps if I could help testing or contribute to do the event in any way I'd be more than happy to assist.

Rak_

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Oct 02, 2021 22:55

Just open df up to all for a month.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Oct 03, 2021 00:11

RP Bonus for the lvl 48-50 Battleground.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Oct 03, 2021 02:13

Wakefield wrote:Just open df up to all for a month.

I don't think that will have the intended effect that you think it will have, but it's still an interesting idea. All pvp will most likely move there.

Reptar
Guardian

Postby Reptar » Oct 03, 2021 18:03

Trinacu wrote:
Wakefield wrote:
Lewk wrote:Need to make the event XP rate permanent! It was slow, but now it is just insanely slow.

There is no excuse to not keep it permanent.

Have more chance of retaining those people who trickle back for a look when the daoc itch grows stronger

There is also no excuse to keep it permanent. Instead of being grateful for the month you guys just want more and more.

If I have a chance at playing casually and making reasonable progress in xp then I will continue to play. Presently the ruleset does not allow for that. That's just my preference - you have your own. I will check in every few months to see if anything has changed.

You're entitled to think that's greed. I'm not going to take offense.

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Oct 04, 2021 05:39

Trinacu wrote:
Wakefield wrote:
Lewk wrote:Need to make the event XP rate permanent! It was slow, but now it is just insanely slow.

There is no excuse to not keep it permanent.

Have more chance of retaining those people who trickle back for a look when the daoc itch grows stronger

There is also no excuse to keep it permanent. Instead of being grateful for the month you guys just want more and more.

You are right, we do want MORE people to come and play Uthgard. Look around. They all left. The vast majority because of the insane xp rates. The second there was an alternative they left.

A lot of people heard about the XP buff and since there are no other classic servers up a lot came back to give it a shot. It was still super slow even with the event buff, but a handful stuck around.

Now we have no bonus and no one in their right mind is going to try and come to uthgard for insanely slow xp rates with the end goal being an empty frontier with no one to fight and nothing to do.

Trinacu
Warder

Postby Trinacu » Oct 04, 2021 15:59

I also would like if more people played on the server, but what you guys are advocating for is a slippery slope - next thing you know, it's /level time.
Lewk wrote:It was still super slow even with the event buff, but a handful stuck around.

I know that's a subjective thing but if the rate at which one progressed during this event feels 'super slow', you might wanna look for a more casual game.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Oct 04, 2021 18:16

Trinacu wrote:I also would like if more people played on the server, but what you guys are advocating for is a slippery slope - next thing you know, it's /level time.
Lewk wrote:It was still super slow even with the event buff, but a handful stuck around.

I know that's a subjective thing but if the rate at which one progressed during this event feels 'super slow', you might wanna look for a more casual game.

Hey, /level 20 I don't have an issue with.

Least Thid would be busy again.

And the "try another game" argument is old.

People have. And people did. Hence its from 3k plus to less than 100.

There has to be a balance somewhere, making it too hardcore makes casuals play less. No casuals, no little fishes to feed to the sharks. So the sharks evolve and go elsewhere too
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Oct 15, 2021 10:54

Desperately need RPs for PvE activities. The vast majority of the population just is not interested in RvR on a regular basis. Keeping them interested in this server will require a PvE alternative to gaining Realm Rank that does not involve direct RvR. Most people just want a means of obtaining MEANINGFUL PROGRESS on their characters past level 50. At the moment, there is no such reasonalbe means, especially for those with limited and restricted play hours; therefore, we are losing those players permanently at an alarming rate. Just look at the population numbers to verify.

Ferres
Warder

Postby Ferres » Oct 17, 2021 17:41

No demmands,
just want to say thank you at least once, for an awesome month having fun to level up and do some craft assignments.

Thank you!

wachawacha
Myrmidon

Postby wachawacha » Nov 24, 2021 03:04

We should do another one of these, and maybe shift them around. So a XP, then crafting, then RVR event

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Nov 25, 2021 11:31

Hi there,
I personally think that there should be no Rp for Pve activity.
Another way must be found to make RvR attractive to everyone or to make Rp.
Events are a possibility, but increasing Rp permanently is not a good thing.
The players would still ask for more options to make or simplify Rp.
I myself am currently on "vacation" in Midgard and yes it is silent to find level groups at Eu Time. But there are very nice people here who help you (big thanks to Bibi and Cruel and the others). Rvr is also only possible to a limited extent as there are very few people at this time.
The question is why am I playing this game?
Do i want to have fun?
Do I want to do Rve or RvR or both?
How can and would I like to achieve my goals?
How can I support the few Gm's?
Do I have to get upset about everything?

Just think about it!

Greetings

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Nov 27, 2021 06:03

This last poster sounds like he is afraid that other people will actually rank up and threaten his position. It is exactly this elitist BS attitude that is making the vast majority of players here who hit 50 quit within a few short weeks at 50.

There MUST be PvE alternatives to make RPs in order to draw in enough players to give this server a chance at life. If we continue on the current path, then we die the slow, painful death of stagnation.

This must be done NOW before the new big next freeshard opens. Delaying until then will have wasted Uthgard's last chance at a ressurection.

Nakja
Myrmidon

Postby Nakja » Nov 27, 2021 08:33

No RP's for PvE please.

I under stand the frustration of some players but goal and motivation should be fight players and no NPCs like dopplers. What server needs most are players who just open a group or maybe a bg for RvR.
Gwyneth, Gwynefer, Naiba, Takhi, Gwyntreth, StarletKristina, Talvi, Mousebear

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Nov 27, 2021 09:07

Nakja wrote:No RP's for PvE please.

I under stand the frustration of some players but goal and motivation should be fight players and no NPCs like dopplers. What server needs most are players who just open a group or maybe a bg for RvR.

DaoC needs people in frontier, for whatever reason, this is what has made the game fun. If people are in frontier, action will happen.
Albion and having fun

PreviousNext

Return to News