Here you can comment on news articles.
carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » Sep 01, 2021 00:16

Awesome :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Sep 03, 2021 06:30

This is a great start to improving this server and possibly bringing back some population.

The next step to really cement this will be to give players a means of Realm Ranking up their characters in a reasonable amount of time outside of PvP. This could be tasks or increasing keep take RPs or other means. Let's face it. PvP in these kinds of MMOG games is toast. Half the time there are cheaters, hackers, meta imbalances, etc... and the other half there are groups that are too pro for their own good especially with instant voice chat via Discord, etc... This has all combined to kill PvP in not only this game but MMOGs across the board both classic and modern.

Players need a means of ranking up outside of PvP, but it needs to be done in a balanced fashion. Current Uthgard is too little, while Phoenix went too far. Find the middle ground.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Sep 03, 2021 07:55

Kayd wrote:This is a great start to improving this server and possibly bringing back some population.

The next step to really cement this will be to give players a means of Realm Ranking up their characters in a reasonable amount of time outside of PvP. This could be tasks or increasing keep take RPs or other means. Let's face it. PvP in these kinds of MMOG games is toast. Half the time there are cheaters, hackers, meta imbalances, etc... and the other half there are groups that are too pro for their own good especially with instant voice chat via Discord, etc... This has all combined to kill PvP in not only this game but MMOGs across the board both classic and modern.

Players need a means of ranking up outside of PvP, but it needs to be done in a balanced fashion. Current Uthgard is too little, while Phoenix went too far. Find the middle ground.

What about your other suggestion?

Kayd wrote:Or just formally turn this into a PvE Co-op server since most people only come here for the PvE anyway since there is absolutely no point in even trying to compete against the Hibs with all the base bullshit they get in addition to the already existent extreme high RR groups they have running.

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Sep 03, 2021 10:20

Either works, but I expect there might be some resistance here to going full PvE server; however, after everyone goes through the full stages of grief and finally gets to the acceptance stage, then it might actually happen. In the meantime, more PvE options with means of advancing Realm Rank WILL BRING BACK PLAYERS. Almost everyone I know only stops by here very occasionally for a shot of nostalgia. This could become more frequent if the server went full Co-op PvE and gave the nostalgiacs more to do. Or we could just linger under a population of 100 until the eventual death of the server.

I've played many other MMOGs in the last several years. PvP is officially dead, Dead, DEAD. Less than 1% of people even have an inkling to participate in it in other games. While it might be a little bit higher here, the emphasis is on LITTLE BIT. Every time I log in here, there is no PvP, only PvE. Let's just skip to the acceptance stage of grief and accept that this is now a PvE server, and then we can move on with more to do and likely more people with whom to play.

Shenyen
Warder

Postby Shenyen » Sep 03, 2021 14:12

Kayd wrote:Let's just skip to the acceptance stage of grief and accept that this is now a PvE server,

Im am a big fan of PvE on Uthgard and in other games but that is simply not true.

Albion has two PvP-zergs running every week with a number of people only logging in for those evenings and there also groups taking keeps on the other days. US prime time is maybe still not very PvPopulated, but that's a sign that the US population isn't that great yet, not that this game has become a PvE game.
Shenyen
Sihunjan
Corvette
Others

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » Sep 03, 2021 15:29

Im a bit confused by the bonuses;

On my lvl 15 char:
"You gain 36,272 bonus event experience (+200%)"
"You get 54,408 experience points. (2,932 camp bonus) (4,344 group bonus)"

:?:

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Sep 03, 2021 17:55

carnalito wrote:Im a bit confused by the bonuses;

On my lvl 15 char:
"You gain 36,272 bonus event experience (+200%)"
"You get 54,408 experience points. (2,932 camp bonus) (4,344 group bonus)"

:?:

What is it that confuses you, how you get 200%?

100% bonus to XP gain in all zones and dungeons (Solo)
50% bonus to XP gain in all zones and dungeons while not having any pets
50% bonus to XP gain in all zones and dungeons without any max level character on your accounts

Or how you get to 54,408 XP?

200% Bonus = 36,272 XP
100% = 36,272 / 2 = 18,136 XP
End XP = 100% Base XP + 200% Bonus XP = 18,136 XP + 36,272 XP = 54,408 XP

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Sep 03, 2021 18:09

Kayd wrote:PvP is officially dead, Dead, DEAD. Less than 1% of people even have an inkling to participate in it in other games.

Top Ten Games on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/stats/):
Current Players Peak Today Game

708,871 768,149 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
597,821 614,592 Dota 2
285,619 384,282 PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS
220,899 263,289 Apex Legends
157,545 168,244 Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer
124,056 135,355 Grand Theft Auto V
109,779 109,877 Rust
99,315 119,488 Destiny 2
95,504 128,005 NARAKA: BLADEPOINT
70,267 74,935 Team Fortress 2

All Multiplayer/PvP Games

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 03, 2021 21:01

Thank you very much for these updated bonuses, i am so happy they are lasting for the month. Hopefully they will be forgotten and not be turned off :twisted:
The NA timezone players would sure love to fight these Euro rvr zergs on a weekend when we dont miss it because of work. This monday is a holiday so most will have it off to. Dont be scared, it will be good for the server. oO
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Kayd
Warder

Postby Kayd » Sep 04, 2021 04:40

Romu,

Your post only contains total numbers of persons playing those games but does not give total numbers against which to divide; therefore, your argument is not only flawed, it is non-existent. Without a number by which to divide, the numbers you posted are meaningless.

People like you need to stop and actually think about what you are posting before you actually post.

svperstar
Eagle Knight

Postby svperstar » Sep 09, 2021 04:04

Not sure I really want DAOC in my life right now but I made an account and got to like level 3. You should keep the bonuses for good.
There will be a group of people out there who will want this realm to be entirely Mythic-like. Exactly like vanilla, drop rates/xp rates, basically everything and you will not be able to please them unless it is exactly like vanilla.

These people have their nostalgia goggles on so tight it's cutting off the bloodflow to their brain and they believe that vanilla was perfect and nothing was wrong with it.

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Sep 11, 2021 04:39

svperstar wrote:Not sure I really want DAOC in my life right now but I made an account and got to like level 3. You should keep the bonuses for good.

Totally agree. The xp feels perfect right now. Still hard/long, but not sadistic.

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Sep 13, 2021 21:04

This is a good start, but the game still has problems for newcomers even with this change. You guarantee every new character levels too quickly that they aren't able to get the gear/money they need to progress, since grey enemies don't drop anything, and eventually your gear is so bad you can't fight against your own level. It would seem the only chance a new player has of getting in to this, even with the exp bonus, is to have someone to play with to help offset that lack of gear progression, or be given gear/money. Perhaps you could mitigate this by granting store-bought gear at certain intervals for players that want/need it. It could be a "quest" from a trainer. Or maybe you could just do a townie NPC that does a one time gold grant at level 1/10/20/30, etc...

I'm finding this out after switching from Albion to Midgard, leveling with a friend to 12 and then trying to play an alt solo while I wait for him. I can barely kill blues at level 3 because I have no money, no armor, no better weapon, and I get a full bubble of exp after every kill I suffer through. I will eventually not be able to kill anything. In this state, even 1 gold would go ridiculously far.
Last edited by Madae on Sep 14, 2021 00:12, edited 2 times in total.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Sep 13, 2021 23:13

I advocate the idea of a gold bonus to work in tandem with the current xp and crafting bonus! Please consider this or something as I agree with the sentiment of the post above mine.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Sep 14, 2021 02:58

As far as finding gear this server will not hold your hand and just give it to you for free. It will test your game knowledge and skill for sure. Gold bonus would be nice for newbs to start crafting ect, they will hit the template wall eventually. :hammer:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

PreviousNext

Return to News