Is there a plan to get population higher?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
fiskgrodan
Myrmidon

Postby fiskgrodan » Jun 23, 2021 13:06

albeyond wrote:
Abydos wrote:Almost certainly bots. Remember phpbb2 is very old (initial release in 2000)

As always, we appreciate you ignoring a direct question asked of you in this thread, and instead choosing to focus on something else. What do you do in real life? Politics?

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jun 23, 2021 18:51

Shenyen wrote:But then again: HOW would you like to decrease travel time?

I love a good "What would you do if you could change things" question. For travel, I would add a master teleport merchant to housing with all normal options +Avalon Marsh(Alb), Gotar(Mid), Shannon Estuary(hib). Not one to BG/FZ though. I'd probably throw in a master teleporter from the Capitals to the above + Housing binds. Then add a hastener option to every non-FZ horse merchant.

Shenyen wrote:How would poor Hibs know that Albs switched zones if the /who numbers simply fluctuated instead of dropping by a large number in an instant to increase back to the full player count?

That comment made me spit out my drink laughing Shenyen. No reason why the /who should shows total population to begin with. Players can already use the Website with its 5min updates to see how many are on the server. Although using it to make the enemy port away from where you want by having your group log out/back in, or zones into the FZ dungeon to make them move is kinda funny. #NextLevelStrategy.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jun 23, 2021 21:45

XP isn't removed when suiciding if /xp off?

Highdrone
Myrmidon

Postby Highdrone » Jun 23, 2021 23:15

Abydos wrote:XP isn't removed when suiciding if /xp off?

Dodgemaster 3000

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Jun 24, 2021 00:41

@aby aye xp off works for sui ect oO
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jun 24, 2021 00:56

Will look into it, sounds like a bug. You shouldnt gain xp, you should lose XP

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Jun 24, 2021 10:54

This thread

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Jun 24, 2021 16:30

Abydos wrote:Will look into it, sounds like a bug. You shouldnt gain xp, you should lose XP

Who's saying you gain xp?

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jun 24, 2021 17:42

Abydos wrote:Will look into it, sounds like a bug. You shouldnt gain xp, you should lose XP

No xp is gained when /xp off is enabled.

I am 80% certain when /xp off is enabled and you suicide to an npc it says that you lose a small amount of xp still. I have not confirmed if this is actually true as it looks like 0xp is lost. I can confirm that you do not leave a grave when xp is off, so there is no way to /pray and gain xp from the death.

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Jun 24, 2021 22:14

Thread went from population to a hot mess of rage and off-topic rants.

Lock it up sir.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jun 25, 2021 13:16

Gilded wrote:Thread went from population to a hot mess of rage and off-topic rants.

Lock it up sir.

Exactly like the server as a whole

Eorkern
Gryphon Knight

Postby Eorkern » Jun 25, 2021 16:22

don't like it don't play it, nobody gives a ******.

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Jun 26, 2021 05:36

Eorkern wrote:don't like it don't play it, nobody gives a ******.

hi old friend /wave
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jun 26, 2021 13:19

Hello,
As long as active Rp farming is legal it will not increase the population either.
Thats how it works:
I go to a realm log transfer and raid the keeps and upgrade them. Then I change the realm and have high keeps that I can raid without resistance. I can repeat the whole thing every 2 days.

Greetings Rudra

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Jun 26, 2021 17:22

Rudra wrote:Hello,
As long as active Rp farming is legal it will not increase the population either.
Thats how it works:
I go to a realm log transfer and raid the keeps and upgrade them. Then I change the realm and have high keeps that I can raid without resistance. I can repeat the whole thing every 2 days.

Greetings Rudra

The population of players that don't want other players to get free keep RPs spoke long ago. They don't want there to be Keep RPs at all. For those players it ruins the sanctity of classic RVR. Their argument is: If you you can only get RPs by killing players, then players will be forced to fight each other. Keep RPs changed the game from PVP to PVE.

Welcome to Uthgard!

PVP enthusiasts have had to get creative to kill those pesky PVErs ever since. PVEr takes empty keeps for RP and dodges PVPer sitting in keep waiting to kill them. There are 20 other keeps to take after all... PVPer makes 1 character per keep so they can always intercept those PVE dodgers! PVEr waits till PVPer logs out, then takes empty keeps anyway. GG.

Moral of the story: This server has more players willing/wanting to take free Keep RP to progress characters then PVP centric players wanting to kill players. The majority speaks everyday with the amount of empty keep trading going on. As EorKern wrote above: Don't like it, don't play it.

No one has to utilize the scenario you posed above as a problem since keep trading happens organically every day, usually with lvl 2-3 doors at 500-600rp per 5-10 minute investment. Not to mention that one team has to be able to take and upgrade all the keeps they want to take back themselves prior to the 2hr transfer lockout window. Then hope no other realm takes them first. So you don't' have 2 days to do this, unless all other players refused to take keeps, then yes this would be a viable strategy for one team to farm keep rps forever, alone.

Perhaps the change to add keep RP caused the population decline. Perhaps it was the attitude of the hardcore PVPer that caused less players to want to participate in RVR here. Supposedly keep RP was implemented to encourage more RVR participation. Chicken vs Egg I guess.

Hey Abydos, can you turn off keep RP for a week to see what happens ? Will population rise/fall/remain? I wonder what the total RP/week would be.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics