GM - look to Yurif

Talk about your RvR experience here
Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Mar 02, 2021 12:38

fiskgrodan wrote:
Pendalith wrote:My first suggestion is to always go anon when exping in the frontiers. 8O That being said , dont look for a persons sense of honor to match up with yours, its a code you can only hold yourself to. Yes ppl cheat here , either spy accounts,vpns, and exploiting archer bugs.

Do you know how the archery system is being exploited? Do you think there is enough information to create a bug report?

It has something to do with volley, longshot and ground targeting? It's a bug that's hard to do by mistake right? It seems like there are many players that abuse it intentionally. Which is a bit sad in my opinion.

A temporary quick fix from Abydos or someone else would be nice.

Sorry for going a bit off the thread topic.

Critshot while unstealthed, aswell as beeing able to followup critshots. The whole archery system is broken.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Mar 02, 2021 12:57

Satiah wrote:Critshot while unstealthed, aswell as beeing able to followup critshots. The whole archery system is broken.

Yeaaaaaa... i'm not sure about that. Scout slam + Critshot has always been a thing.

fiskgrodan
Myrmidon

Postby fiskgrodan » Mar 02, 2021 14:38

fremster wrote:
Satiah wrote:Critshot while unstealthed, aswell as beeing able to followup critshots. The whole archery system is broken.

Yeaaaaaa... i'm not sure about that. Scout slam + Critshot has always been a thing.

What is your opinion on "double tapping"?

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Mar 02, 2021 16:17

fiskgrodan wrote:
fremster wrote:

"Double tapping" on its own is not a major issue in my opinion. A scout, ranger or hunter (all realms have access to it) will not kill a caster by double tapping alone - until additional parameters are thrown into the equation. (I am not talking about level 47 casters in blue armor here).

Add 2 str relics, good buffs, keep bonuses damage % and some additional crit luck (falcons eye), then the combination becomes more powerful.

Casters who run AF charge are unlikely to die from the combination alone even with the above factored in.

After the double tap, there is also a cool down period where the archer has to redraw to continue shooting (2.x-4 seconds depending on the shot selected), so if the archer does fail to drop the target, the chances of doing so diminish.

Anyway, double tap is so last year. Didn't you hear of the "Tripple tap"?

fiskgrodan
Myrmidon

Postby fiskgrodan » Mar 02, 2021 16:31

fremster wrote:
fiskgrodan wrote:
fremster wrote:...

"Double tapping" on its own is not a major issue in my opinion. A scout, ranger or hunter (all realms have access to it) will not kill a caster by double tapping alone - until additional parameters are thrown into the equation. (I am not talking about level 47 casters in blue armor here).

Add 2 str relics, good buffs, keep bonuses damage % and some additional crit luck (falcons eye), then the combination becomes more powerful.

Casters who run AF charge are unlikely to die from the combination alone even with the above factored in.

After the double tap, there is also a cool down period where the archer has to redraw to continue shooting (2.x-4 seconds depending on the shot selected), so if the archer does fail to drop the target, the chances of doing so diminish.

Anyway, double tap is so last year. Didn't you hear of the "Tripple tap"?

Do you consider it a bug abuse/exploit?

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Mar 02, 2021 16:42

fiskgrodan wrote:Do you consider it a bug abuse/exploit?

I think the only opinion that matters at this stage is that of Abydo's.

He considered it an exploit to focus pull the dragon, so they were removed.
He obviously doesn't consider it an exploit to RP farm 10k < 1.5 hour.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Mar 02, 2021 17:19

fremster wrote:

I just checked Aoln's old video. Was about to type here, you can see he needs to stealth for a critshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjxBx5X1uvw

But then at 20:21 the Tarantino soundtrack starts and some big letters say Pre-Toa. There he critshots without stealth. I guess working as intended.

Antiks
Gryphon Knight

Postby Antiks » Mar 04, 2021 03:01

Yes eventually the crit shot thing was patched/fixed and then when new RA's came out they also fixed volley (making it so all arrows are released at once instead of making the player manually shoot each shot). Before that time period, which would include the Uth ruleset, as an archer class you could only crit shot someone that was: not engaged in combat, or if in combat the target must be stunned, or below 20% health so that they are moving slow (walking). I might be missing one more mechanic or cavate though.

Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » May 04, 2021 03:39

Satiah wrote:
fremster wrote:

I just checked Aoln's old video. Was about to type here, you can see he needs to stealth for a critshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjxBx5X1uvw

But then at 20:21 the Tarantino soundtrack starts and some big letters say Pre-Toa. There he critshots without stealth. I guess working as intended.

Crit shot does not require stealth it has parameters on players in combat and running I believe. Double tap is an exploit .

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Sep 04, 2021 11:57

critshot must not shot in stealth, never was... a critshot can only land in target thats
a) >not moving
b)> not yet in combat (not weapons drawn is the point, must be real combat)

i don't know abou the term 'dauoble-tapping' (i'm too old to cheat), but if comes to shoot several arrows in a row...you do sure tapp the thing as hell, for 1. equip bow
2. prepare shot
3. loose
4. prepare
5. loose
repeat till targets dead

what some people talking about is that a critshot sometimes does +crit (what is actually a flaw in the system, cs MUST not crit):
that can happen occasionally ( not as an intentionally used bug ) when loosening an prepared critshot and than switching to rapid fire (as to get more arrows out in time). i would say its 1 in 10, or even higher ratio

any normal shots crit rate is based on rr, base dex, equip etc etc, so in ideal environment, you do cs (highest dmg without critchance, <switching to rf> so next is normal shot, mid range dmg + crit, rf +crit,rf+crit, rf+crit

but don't bother...this will never happan, believe me

regards kraehe

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 04, 2021 13:11

You can "spam" critshot here. Ie. just keep pressing the critshot and it will followup with a critshot. Now I'm pretty old too and I don't recall ever doing that on the live servers. Might be that I was (and still am) a noob, or that I learned not to bother, because people would move as soon as they got hit.

I don't recall the volley abuse either. Sure, people volley'd the portal keeps for buffbots, but beeing able to completely wreck anything inside a keeptower with 3 or more archers? Maybe its because there where more players, but then there should have been more archers too.

As for the double tab. It's get something todo with abusing volley aswell. Basically anything that stands still will get double critted. If you are not a tank, thats curtains. When you get hit by volley, you don't make sound (or animation) either. So if you don't watch your health bar, or your combat log, you wont notice it.

Also, if you fire 4 arrows with volley and don't shoot the last one, the timer will get reset. You can almost instantly shoot another 4 arrows. Rinse repeat untill everything inside is dead. Add in a necro in the mix, to set a gt in shadeform, to make it really spicy.

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Sep 04, 2021 17:48

if you keep pressing the cs button, msg will inform you, that you now interrupt cs, and follow-up arrow will shoot as normal shot.

volley here & now is completely wrong, because its the full dmg that is loosen on a normal shot x6 if i recall right and gtaoe...it should be around 20-25% in total...just to rupt or kill shrooms ( do it withe 3 or more archers, and you can start killing people. also volley has a cooldown of 15 (25?) sec, so it clearly has to be less dmg

also it should have animation (for the targets) like a little dust cloud

(but fixing game mechanics isnt any gm's concern in this phase)

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Sep 05, 2021 10:31

I am aware of some old archery bugs as of just recently.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 05, 2021 12:01

Sumosan wrote:if you keep pressing the cs button, msg will inform you, that you now interrupt cs, and follow-up arrow will shoot as normal shot.

Try it out on a keep door... I can asure you it works.

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Sep 05, 2021 18:05

first of a all, a keep door is no reference here.

second, you start with cs, and next shot will be automatic the dmg of a normal shot (otherwise you interrrupt after the first cs and start the process again[will not work on mob or enemy])

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm