Oops no more keeps to take with your animist

Talk about your RvR experience here
Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Jul 20, 2020 14:33

Izzt wrote:Why are the Servers down... the better question.. ?1

Make a new post!

Please don't hijack my post...

(Server went down around 12:45 CET.. Got a server reboot message ingame.)

Am I hijacking my own post now? :-S
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Jul 20, 2020 14:47

fremster wrote:Are albs still salty about this? I've noticed the dodge is on another level recently.

albs will always dodge, even when they have a zerg...it's the only way they can potentially get rp's. :roll:
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

Shenyen
Warder

Postby Shenyen » Jul 20, 2020 15:04

virulent- wrote:albs will always dodge, even when they have a zerg...it's the only way they can potentially get rp's. :roll:

Says the guy who is already running away while the rest of his groupmates (hahaha, as if you had friends), err, I mean group acquaintances, gets killed by Albs.
Shenyen
Sihunjan
Corvette
Others

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jul 20, 2020 17:29

Shenyen wrote:
Says the guy who is already running away while the rest of his groupmates (hahaha, as if you had friends), err, I mean 7 acquaintances, gets zerged by 2fg of 40% dmg bonus double SoS inc Albs who hibs desperately Inc'd open field because Albs had already dodged realms multiple times and were obviously headed back to APK to dodge again after seeing 6 hibs at Ail .

There, fixed it for you :grin:

If Albs insist on running multiple stuck 40% bonus SoS crutch tank groups against half or fewer their number of hibs, then hibs have to fight in keeps. There are less than 1 group of active RvR hibs right now, spread across NA and EU time. There really isn't any other option. So, if you want PvP action, you either need to keep your zerg together and not pull off defended keeps, or break up and run as single groups. I know some ALbs like Hurri and Zangrief like PvP, at least you did when on Hib. If you are fine with PvEing for rp's, which is a legit option I guess, then keep on keeping on.

Saturday was fun. We had a couple good fights, numbers weren't as lopsided and you didn't pull off of surs immediately when we kited to it. You even won that fight, albeit with the usual SoS cheese after you pulled off and we have to follow or you'll just run away like at Ail on Sunday, which is boring. I'm speaking primarily to the EU albs here, NA Albs have zero interest in fighting (that battleground keep dodge is really a next level strategy :grin: ), although I have nothing but <3 for wicked, allthore, and mitchelson. It's unfortunate most hibs are NA, and EU action is usually too early during the workday or even middle of the night for us, but it is what it is.

I really don't get the personal attacks here. there are ~60 people that play on this server. By default that means we have more in common with each other than we'd probably like to admit. You'd think we could get along. I like to rip on Albs as much as anyone, but it's all in the spirit of the game as a fierce Hy Burn Yan patriot :grin: It's nothing personal to any of you, and I do appreciate that you still log in. DAOC is more fun with villains, after all.

Cheers

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Jul 21, 2020 13:51

So you were just 6 at Ailinne? We have seen plenty hibs getting inside and expected you to be a FG. There is no way to deal with level 9 keep guards and a group of hibs at the same time. We had 2 groups, the second filled while we raided, so the setup of the second group was far from perfect. We also don't have shrooms to deal with guards, so we are nonstop busy killing them... There was no point to stick arround, or you would have just slaughtered us at the courtyard.

We decided to go for a lower level keep instead (without purple guard) and Nged was the only one left in hib (others were 8 or higher). We expected you to ambush us when both doors opened, but nothing. I understand now why, since you said you had just 6 at that time.

We went to mid to take a last keep since one guy was missing a few RPs to get his RR up. Some ppl already left at that point, we had 13-14 when you jumped us open field. I understand your frustration, fighthing with less ppl against 3 str relic + sos, but there is nothing to be done as long as we are playing in different time zones and you guys start to gain numbers while EU players are already about to drop out.

Cirath wrote:So, if you want PvP action, you either need to keep your zerg together and not pull off defended keeps, or break up and run as single groups.

Splitting groups to have some 8vs8 fights would have been a thing if the second group also had a solid setup. But they didn't and we won't exclude or even sacrifice anyone, they all want to have some fun and thanks to those mids i am sure most of us had some. They gave us a hard fight at Fensa, we had to get out of that keep several times to prevent a wipe. (btw. Schattenzwerg, your perfs are annoying :hammer:)

Anyway, you have to be realisitc... if there are plenty of defenders inside a level 8+ keep, there most likely is no way for 2 groups to win this fight, because of insane guard spawn. Don't expect us to just stay and wipe, there is no fun in doing so. Maybe let some keeps at level 6-7 instead and as long as we got a chance to win, we will stay. If there is absolutly no chance to win, we for sure will leave the keep.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jul 21, 2020 15:39

Fair enough. There were some lower level keeps, but they were taken during the night unopposed by a fg Albs. Which is what usually happens if they aren't upped to lvl 8. We were 30 seconds from Incing you on Fens when it fell. Didn't expect that fight to last so long so we waited and waited in Hib. Think we were up to 7 at that point, with 2 MoC bombs. It would have been glorious :lol:

When we inc'd you from behind near blend, our bards dropped a great mez, then we turned to kite out of SoS but it didn't matter. Deeannbee got one rounded. He said zangrief hit him for 900+.....on a bard.....brings me back to the tundra abuse days. There is simply no way to deal with that kind of damage, especially when it is immune to all CC, unkiteable because of unbreakable speed, oh and twice your numbers. What was mythic smoking when they designed SoS?

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Jul 21, 2020 16:42

Cirath wrote:What was mythic smoking when they designed SoS?

Animist Shrooms most likely.
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jul 21, 2020 17:00

Shrooms take time to set, and can be easily mezzed. As such, aside from tanglers (unless SoS) they are not terribly usefull in the open. SoS is an instant god mode button for the entire group....

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Jul 21, 2020 21:17

Cirath wrote:What was mythic smoking when they designed SoS?

Not just sos, but minstrel in general. Such a retarded class at this patch level.

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Jul 21, 2020 22:32

m0e wrote:Splitting groups to have some 8vs8 fights would have been a thing if the second group also had a solid setup. But they didn't and we won't exclude or even sacrifice anyone, they all want to have some fun

that's where u are wrong as u guys would have the clear advantage.

example: fga team A engages fgh and both groups use ra cooldowns and class cooldowns etc, but fgh wins....4 mins later fga team B engages fgh with all of their instas and sos/bof/purges up against fgh who doesnt have many cooldowns available. therefor, u have a handicap advantage as both alb groups will usually have their cooldowns up vs only one fgh.

although, it wouldn't matter anyway because both alb groups would lose 8v8 as u guys won't stand a chance with even numbers regardless if u have cooldown/ra handicap :hammer: :lol:

don't get it twisted, albs have never beaten hibs with even numbers and/or fair fight situation...which is expected. that is why u resort to running as a zerg since u understand u have no chance. a few months ago u let my rank 3 (at the time) nightshade top the weekly rp charts with over 120k rp. a nightshade, lol. uninstall.

When few stood against many...

Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

Rudra
Myrmidon

Postby Rudra » Jul 10, 2021 12:26

It is currently not possible for us Hibs to provide 1 or 2 fg for the Rvr. There are almost no hibs online at night and we keep losing our high keeps. Many of these people have either moved to Albion or Midgard or are on summer break.
It's a very frustrating situation for Hibernia and the remaining players. The only characters that bring in a few Rp are our aniseed or ranger.

Greetings Rudra

Taraza
Guardian

Postby Taraza » Jul 16, 2021 00:16

Hello all,

situation is not perfect, lot of hibernian players are in vacation or doing action elsewhere. But we do our best to get our realm alive.

Thanks to all our players in hibernia who help us to do some rvr action. Maybe we can deliver some real good rvr fights in future.

Greetings to all players on uthgard. /bow

Miniza Devoras

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Jul 30, 2021 03:31

I am hoping for rvr romu raids on weekends, that is the only time na time slot and eu can overlap for big rvr atm. Who knows what the future holds ! 8O
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

joshisanonymous
Myrmidon

Postby joshisanonymous » Sep 09, 2021 05:27

Ok, so I just experienced this horseshit as a returning player, and it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I joined up with the entire 5 other level 50 Mids who were online to take back some of our keeps. We took 2 back, then the group split because they were like, "Well no Hibs are coming so I guess we're done." I thought that was silly since we should be able to at least put up a fight while defending. Hibs took back one of our keeps in literally minutes, then they came to Blend where I was waiting by myself. Of course I didn't have much of a chance, but it might be fun I thought. I was wrong. It was complete horseshit. Almost immediately after the outer door fell, I suddenly had Hib guards coming after me.

This is broken. The keep lord is not in the lord room, and that's the only reason that shrooms can be placed in a spot where they can kill the lord before even entering the CK. I don't see how this could possible be considered anything but an exploit. And in the end of the day, you're going to drive any returning players away from this server quickly with this crap.
*Current Lives*
Might pop in here on my BD sometimes.
(Atlas) Baudith/RM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD > (Phoenix) Kroll/SM > (BL2) Baud/Warlock

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 09, 2021 10:47

You are talking about mid keeps? Not possible with those...
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm