What happened to the Clurican camp ??

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » May 24, 2020 04:51

Cluricaun camp in Connacht @ 8829,36297,7110 used to have 20 or so crazy Cluricauns running around the buildings there are now 3 and they are stationary.

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » May 26, 2020 05:15

Has it changed in the last few weeks? A month ago i was killing them up there, and they were still behaving as described in my comments and the descriptions of this issue tracker item:
https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... cht_bugged

SInce i commented, i have not been out to check them immediately after a server reboot, but my guess is that's when they all spawn in the same spot, and that they only begin to start branching out after a player character comes within a determined radius of them. (My observation is that mobs when they spawn in the absence of nearby players will simply not do anything until a player comes close. This could explain why a mob that drops remains or OTD and which also roams, can often be found in their spawn location, if the last person who passed by killed it and left before it respawned.)

If there were only three there, that does sound a little low, but not much. When they're disturbed, i usually see four or five near the camp, and if i look to the horizons i can usually see another one or two doing their 'walk 750 units forward, teleport back 1500' type of thing.
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » May 26, 2020 06:23

Anomie wrote:Has it changed in the last few weeks? A month ago i was killing them up there, and they were still behaving as described in my comments and the descriptions of this issue tracker item:
https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... cht_bugged

SInce i commented, i have not been out to check them immediately after a server reboot, but my guess is that's when they all spawn in the same spot, and that they only begin to start branching out after a player character comes within a determined radius of them. (My observation is that mobs when they spawn in the absence of nearby players will simply not do anything until a player comes close. This could explain why a mob that drops remains or OTD and which also roams, can often be found in their spawn location, if the last person who passed by killed it and left before it respawned.)

If there were only three there, that does sound a little low, but not much. When they're disturbed, i usually see four or five near the camp, and if i look to the horizons i can usually see another one or two doing their 'walk 750 units forward, teleport back 1500' type of thing.

Happy to see the real issues getting fixed and Uthgard is on track.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Fier
Warder

Postby Fier » May 29, 2020 10:41

The Cluricaun camp is unfortunately still bugged. Added my observations to existing bug tracker entry 4845.
Too bad it's not working. This is normally a nice camp for low level pet pull or animist farming :|

Return to General Topics