Winter 2019 Midgard Kill Task/XP Loot List

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Oct 31, 2019 12:10

I realize there is another thread up but as I am in the process of checking all these I will leave this thread up and update it with a greater level of detail. Hopefully in the future when the problems are sorted out and the other thread has a complete and comprehensive list I will delete this thread. Below is a blend of the old pre-existing items with the ones Abydos indicated were added a few months ago. The ones which were added recently included some of the previously working and existing items so some issues arose as noted below. There are many bugs and issues at present, and I will update them this week as I finish up checking on them. I am including mention of all the errata/bugs that are currently afflicting a number of these, feel free to verify and go over and add your comments to the relevant Issue Tracker Items.

Level Range: 22-31
Item: Warm Tree Sap
Mob: Treekeep - Skona Ravine
NPC: Sentry Crush - Myrkwood Forest - Gna Faste Guard Tower
Errata/Notes: 11/1/19 Pouli reports it works correctly. Tested with level 26 character 11/2/19. Works properly. Killed around 30 treekeeps and received 2 Warm Tree Sap (icon is a yellow vial). Crush rewarded turn in with xp. The issue at present with this quest is that Sentry Crush dialogue is incorrect, he asks you for 'pendants' from 'drowning victims' instead.

Level Range: 23-32
Item: Scroll of Eternal Sorrow
Mob: Cursed Mora - Cursed Tomb
NPC: Trunk - Gotar - Ft. Alta
Errata/Notes: Have not verified yet

Level Range 24-30
Item: Wood Rat Tail
Mob: Forest Wood Rat - Skona Ravine
NPC: Sentry Thuger - Myrkwood Forest - Gna Faste Guard Tower
Errata/Notes: Found to work properly 11/2/19 with level 26 character. Killed about 30-40 rats for 2 tails, the drop rate seemed light but was a small sample size. The fact that these mobs have no area I could find with good density make this quest somewhat suspicious as far as its purpose for accelerated xp gain.

Level Range: 25-34
Item: Polished Piece of Obsidian
Mob: Ashmonger - Muspelheim
NPC: Sinmora - Vale of Mularn - Haggerfel Large Weapon Merchant
Errata/Notes: 11/2/19 Confirmed working with Level 26 character for all the good it will do you. Drop rate is such that it really makes a farce of the existence of this quest. Killed ~150 ashmongers at the south location (Charred Skeleton text on the map) and then went up top to the Coal spawn area and killed ~150 up there. One item drop in about 300 kills. Opened Issue Tracker #4940 for the abysmally low drop rate, feel free to check it out and confirm if you so desire. Had a sadistic impulse to get bent over by Uthgard yet again, went back out to the 10k.60k Ashmonger camp, killed another 100 or so...no drops.

Level Range: 26-35
Item: Melted Ghoul Flesh
Mob: Mephitic Ghoul - Muspelheim
NPC: Linna - Vale of Mularn - Mularn Bow Merchant
Errata/Notes: Tested 10/31/19 Worked on Level 35 Character...No issues but Linna calls you a skald no matter your class.

Level Range 27-36
Item: Warder's Ear
Mob: Werewolf Warder - Skona Ravine
NPC: Otkel - Myrkwood Forest - Galpen Weapons Merchant
Errata/Notes: Otkel gives the dialogue properly. However Warder's Ear are not dropping. Killing around 200 wolves, enough for half a level at 35 without a drop. Opened Issue Tracker #4938 for the issue of low/non-existant droprate.

Level Range: 28-37
Item: White Wolf Fang
Mob: White Wolf - Uppland (see notes)
NPC: Svewn - Uppland - Svasud Faste Poison Merchant
Errata/Notes: Tested 10/31/19 Worked on Level 35 Character...I killed many white wolves across the frontier zones. While it should not matter the area, wolves outside of Uppland did not drop this item for me. At a specific spot in Uppland the drop rate was healthy and proper.

Level Range: 29-38
Item: Biting Wind Eye
Mob: Biting Wind - Uppland (see notes)
NPC: Sissel - Uppland - Svasud Faste Poison Merchant
Errata/Notes: Tested 10/31/19 Worked on Level 35 Character...Biting Winds from all frontier zones should drop but I cannot confirm that at this time, item dropped for me in Uppland. Did not check mobs from other zones. While the turn in works properly, in his dialogue Sissel asks you for "Squabbler" eyes instead.

Level Range: 30-46
Item: Thick White Pelt
Mob: Abominable Snowman - Jamtland, Yggdra, Uppland
NPC: Asdis - Uppland - Near Svasud Faste to the Northeast
Errata/Notes: The Thick White Pelt was always a drop item here on Uthgard. It still drops and has no description as it is trash loot. There is also a NEW Thick White Pelt that drops, this item has a informational delve identifying it. I farmed many dozens of snowmen by Grallarhorn and recieved only one of these. I'm not sure if the drop rate is poor or will vary by zone. The NPC Asdis, is improperly configured with a dialogue for a hibernian jasper locket kill task. However if you click the NEW Thick White Pelt on her she will reward you with xp. Tested 10/31/19 with level 35 character.

Level Range: 30-39
Item: Mud Frog Tongue
Mob: Mud Frog - Vanern Swamp
NPC: Og - Gotar - Ft. Alta Leather Armor Merchant
Errata/Notes: 11/1/19 Worked properly on level 36 character. Only possible issue is abysmally low drop rate. Killed about 50 frogs for one item drop; a second session on another character resulted in the same....one drop for ~50 mobs. Appears to be such a low rate that the quest is not practical for its intended purpose.

Level Range: 31-37
Item: Vial of Ice Water
Mob: Snow Giant - Uppland, Yggdra
NPC: Beni - Svealand West - Vindsaul Faste Merchant
Errata/Notes: Can confirm item drops. Snow Giants in Uppland had a healthy drop rate. Beni however has no dialogue and will not accept the turn in. This item has a blue vial as icon. There is another 'ice water' that drops from the same mobs that uses a cauldron as icon. Beni will not accept that item either and the 'cauldron' ice water delves to indicate it is a 33-50 xp item to be turned into Muerta of Munin Sound (a SI location) and hence unusable. Issue Tracker #4937 open with more specific details of the improprieties associated with this quest on 10/31/19.

Level Range: 32-38
Item: Badger Stomach
Mob: Timberland Badger - Skona Ravine
NPC: Ohar - Myrkwood Forest - Galpen Enamel Merchant
Errata/Notes: Killed ~10 Timberland Badgers, received 2 item drops. Good healthy drop rate, problem is the items are a Sack of Grain that delves to show its an Albion item wanted by Pethos of Cornwall. Issue Tracker #4939 opened 10/31/19 The other issue with this quest is that NPC dialogue freezes mid-stream and you can not click on the bracketed words to advance them. Regardless of these issues if you click the Sacks of Grain on Ohar he will reward you with XP properly. 9.8 mil at level 36.

Level Range: 33-39
Item: Giant Snow Crab Claw
Mob: Giant Snow Crab - Uppland
NPC: Mildri - Svealand East - Vasudheim
Errata/Notes: Tested this 10/31/19 on Level 35 Character. Giant Snow Crab Claws drop however Mildri has no dialogue and will not accept the turn in. Player has previously opened Issue Tracker #4908 on this topic.

Level Range: 34-40
Item: Lost Pearl
Mob: Crazed Lycantic (also Werewolf Churl) - Varulvhamn
NPC: Ysunoic - Myrkwood Forest - Galpen Runemaster Staves Merchant
Errata/Notes: This was one of the old tasks that was in the game previously. Now the dialogue given by Ysunoic says she is 'here at behest of Tyr" and sends you off to Munin Sound (SI) for "Cultist Staves". The dialogue is now incorrect or for another quest, however clicking Lost Pearls on her does work and gives 9.8 mil xp at level 36. Tested on 10/31/19. Did not bother with an Issue Tracker Report.

Level Range: 35-41
Item: Mud Crab Claw
Mob: Mud Crab - Vanern Swamp
NPC: Thrya - Myrkwood Forest - Galpen Chain Merchant
Errata/Notes: 11/1/19 Tested on Level 36 character and works but with the following issue. Clicking on Thrya opens her dialogue window with 'Thyra says, "Hello Playername, would you like to help me [win a bet?] Clicking on the bracketed text does not forward the dialogue to the next step that is supposed to tell the player she wants mud crab claws, etc. Clicking mud claws on her does reward XP 9.8 mil at 36. Another issue that exists is the abysmally low drop rate. I killed around 40 crabs for one claw. This was repeated again on another character with about the same rate, one claw for 40 or so crabs. More crabs must die to be sure but it appears that it has an unacceptably low drop rate that defeats the entire reason this kill task quest exists.

*********Retested this 8/20....It appears that I had a bad run when testing before. Drop rate is still not 'good' but it isn't completely horrible and might be worth doing if you are doing xp in the area anyway.*********************

Level Range: 36-40
Item: Black Orm Gland
Mob: Black Orm - Vanern Swamp
NPC: Tallya - Myrkwood Forest - Galpen
Errata/Notes: One of the old previously working quests. Black Orms drop the item at a very respectable rate. 11/1/19 Tested with level 36 character, works fine. Issue is as follows, clicking on Tallya brings up her vendor window as well as a text window where she prattles on about the dyes she has for sale but this text has nothing to do with the quest. A player unaware of the existence of the quest would never know she wants black orm glands. Clicking the glands on her does reward xp.

Level Range: 37-41
Item: Ice Cold Giant Blood
Mob: Frost Giant - Yggdra
NPC: Jolgier - Svealand East - Audliten
Errata/Notes: One of the old previously working quests. 11/9/19 Tested with level 37 character. The new item has a different delve info than the 'old' item but I had both in inventory and he accepted both new and old items and rewarded properly.

Level Range: 38-42
Item: Terra Crab Claw
Mob: Terra Crab - Spindelhalla
NPC: Gudrid - Myrkwood Forest - Galpen Spear Merchant
Errata/Notes: Confirmed item drops, did turn in 8/20. Xp reward works.

Level Range: 39-43
Item: Ice Creature Corpse
Mob: Block of Ice - Yggdra, Uppland
NPC: Jordan - Svealand East - Audliten
Errata/Notes: Can confirm item drops in Yggdra. Have not done a turn in yet. I was thru Audliten on a level 9 character and clicked on Jordan the other day and found his dialogue window said "Jordan says, (null) " Regardless of dialogue issue, Pouli reports quest working 11/8/19.

Level Range: 40-45
Item: Frozen Teardrop
Mob: Wintery Dirge - Yggdra, Uppland
NPC: Dail - Svealand West - Huginfell
Errata/Notes: Confirm item drop both in Yggdra and Uppland. 8/31/20 - Verified working with a level 45 character. NPC dialogue however is incorrect and he asks for 'ixthiar satchels' instead.

Level Range: 40-44
Item: Forest Viper Venom
Mob: Forest Viper - Vanern Swamp
NPC: Galena - Myrkwood Forest - Galpen
Errata/Notes: Saw some grumblings that drop rate is low. Didn't go full St. Patrick on them but did roust about 200 vipers from the swamp and received no drop. Cannot confirm item even drops at this time. Not sure how the behavior is 'supposed' to be as far as seeing the dialogue if you aren't in the level range. I know that I can see dialogue on certain of these when not at range. When you click on Galena the quest dialogue opens up with the words {mouth shut} in the brackets you click on to continue the dialogue string but clicking on them or saying the words do not forward the dialogue at all.

Level Range 40-43
Item: Magic Clay
Mob: Clay Jotun - Vanern Swamp
NPC: Gord - Myrkwood Forest - Galpen Smith
Errata/Notes: Have not farmed for this as of yet. Appears to be another "legendary" item as no one on Midgard has even seen one Magic Clay drop to the best of my knowledge.

Level Range: 41-46
Item: Vial of Shimmering Essence
Mob: Pale Aurora - Uppland, Jamtland, Yggdra
NPC: Kristen - Svealand East - Vasudheim
Errata/Notes: One of the old previously working tasks. Should still work as before. Tested 8/31/20 with level 45 character - item was rewarded properly. NPC however asks for Griffon Eagle Eyes instead in the dialogue.

Level Range: 41-45
Item: Silver-Gemmed Collar
Mob: Large Enslaved Orm - Vanern Swamp
NPC: Liv - Vale of Mularn - Ft. Veldon
Errata/Notes: New addition, item drops at a very decent rate. Have not attempted a turn in yet. 8/30/20 - Attempted turn in with level 45 character. The NPC Liv, at Fort Veldon has the appropriate dialogue but will NOT accept the item. Very disappointing as everything else associated with this kill task works well.

Level Range: 41-43
Item: Drakulv Scales
Mob: Drakulv Protector (also other low level Drakulvs) - Malmohus
NPC: Nikgor - Myrkwood Forest - Galpen
Errata/Notes: This was an old previously working task. When the recent update was done a new item was introduced. IIRC the old item was Drakulv Scale, the new item is named Drakulv Scales...the old item will not work and must be vendored. The "new" drakulv scale is accepted and reward given properly. Tested 8/30/20 with level 43 character.

Level Range: 41-44
Item: Iceberg Tooth
Mob: Iceberg - Jamtland, Uppland
NPC: Trapper Jora - Svealand East - Audliten
Errata/Notes: Item drops have not done a turn in yet. Per resolved Issue Tracker #4901 should be working properly. Pouli reports it is working 11/8/19. Tested 8/30..A-OK.

Level Range: 43-45
Item: Frosted Grimel Root
Mob: Icestrider Chiller - Yggdra, Uppland, Raumarik
NPC: Runolf - Svealand West - Huginfell
Errata/Notes: One of the old previously working tasks, should still be as it was. 8/31/20 - tested with level 45, no problems.

Level Range: 45-47
Item: Svartalf Poison Recipe
Mob: Svartalf Infiltrator - Malmohus
NPC: Rorik - Svealand West - Huginfell
Errata/Notes: One of the old previously working tasks, should still be as it was. Item drops but have not tested a turn in lately.

Level Range: 49-50
Item: Trip String
Mob: Svartalf Foister - Malmohus
NPC: Jorun - Jordheim
Errata/Notes: One of the old previously working tasks, should still be as it was. Item drops but have not tested a turn in lately.
Trip String svartalf foister 49-50 Jordheim Jorun
Last edited by RandomNoob on Sep 12, 2020 05:05, edited 15 times in total.

Pouli
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pouli » Nov 01, 2019 00:29

Dropped Warm Tree Sap but I haven't try to give it to Sentry Crush.
Poulivore : Weak Singer
Maelig : Endangered species

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Nov 01, 2019 10:37

yes it does but in small letters with no information delving i doubt that u can turn that in but tbh after reading that the badger stomach is the sack of grain everything is possible :lol:

Pouli
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pouli » Nov 01, 2019 11:21

Pouli wrote:Dropped Warm Tree Sap but I haven't try to give it to Sentry Crush.

This one is working perfectly.

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Nov 02, 2019 12:07

Pouli wrote:
Pouli wrote:Dropped Warm Tree Sap but I haven't try to give it to Sentry Crush.

This one is working perfectly.

did u turn in the small letter ones without info or did you actually drop the capital letter ones with info ?

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Nov 02, 2019 12:17

Bunjip wrote:yes it does but in small letters with no information delving i doubt that u can turn that in but tbh after reading that the badger stomach is the sack of grain everything is possible :lol:

I don't know why you were not getting the right item to drop, but Pouli is correct. There is a warm tree sap trash loot item and a turn in drop Warm Tree Sap (yellow vial icon) that works correctly. I got 2 of them from killing about 30 treekeeps.

I'm mostly just farming 2 items as I test these and turning in one to test the turn in. I'm putting the second one on consignment merchant so it is searchable and you can see it drops and read the delve. I should have the Warm Tree Sap on the cm sometime tonight.

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Nov 03, 2019 14:30

maybe i just have bad drop luck :lol:

at least my sheet ist starting to look somewhat complete but the biggest conclusion of all is.... the time you spend farming the xp loot is most of the time not worth it. everything u can farm with a lvl 50 is ok, but the low lvl ones have a horrible frop rate so u will be out of lvl range before u have made 15 drops

Pouli
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pouli » Nov 08, 2019 06:48

Ice Creature Corpse and Iceberg Tooth are working.

As reported by RandomNoob, the text from "Jordan" seems to be missing. ( null )

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Nov 21, 2019 02:50

Pouli wrote:Ice Creature Corpse and Iceberg Tooth are working.

As reported by RandomNoob, the text from "Jordan" seems to be missing. ( null )

Hey, are you Poulivore from uthgard1? Bondulur Kommandur :D?
It is what it is.

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Apr 06, 2020 22:18

Hello, im looking through all these Kill Tasks, and i have a problem with Biting Winds.
Where are theses mobs? I went through all the frontier area following indications from Capnbry maps and found only one (1) Biting Wind near Glenlock Faste and three (3) near Mjollnir Faste.
Are there more consistant spots ? Where ?

Thanks for help :)

One thing more: missing here the Warm Fire Ant Larva kill task, lvl 21 - 30
Kill Fire Ant Gatherers in Muspelheim to get this item. The NPC is Seiml in Fort Veldon, and naturally Seiml has a wrong dialogue, he asks for Copper Moonstone Flagon, an Hibernian KT. Thanks Abydos for this good job :lol:
Seiml accepts the Warm Fire Ant Larva and gives xp.
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Apr 07, 2020 17:13

Wakanidoo wrote:Hello, im looking through all these Kill Tasks, and i have a problem with Biting Winds.
Where are theses mobs? I went through all the frontier area following indications from Capnbry maps and found only one (1) Biting Wind near Glenlock Faste and three (3) near Mjollnir Faste.

If memory serves me right and those are the floating glowing balls, I think they are south of the Uppland relic keep almost half way to SF, just barely east of the road.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Apr 07, 2020 17:20

Skullbones wrote:
Wakanidoo wrote:Hello, im looking through all these Kill Tasks, and i have a problem with Biting Winds.

If memory serves me right and those are the floating glowing balls, I think they are south of the Uppland relic keep almost half way to SF, just barely east of the road.

Those would be mine.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Apr 08, 2020 14:14

Skullbones wrote:If memory serves me right and those are the floating glowing balls, I think they are south of the Uppland relic keep almost half way to SF, just barely east of the road.

Thanks for this help :grin:

While searching the spot i found some amazing things:
BitingWindUpp.jpg
Biting Wind in Uppland
BitingWindUpp.jpg (8.18 KiB) Viewed 6231 times
BitingWingGlen.jpg
Bting Wind near Glenlock
BitingWingGlen.jpg (8.19 KiB) Viewed 6231 times

ColdLight1.jpg
Usual Cold Light
ColdLight2.jpg
Only one as this in Uppland
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Apr 13, 2020 20:34

Wow, great post/thread. In general i do find that the drop rates on most xp loot on this server are low enough that with few exceptions they're not worth seeking out. They're functionally a boost for people who are already very familiar with the PvE content of the game, especially knowing where the mobs are, and which magic/melee vulnerabilities these mobs have.

(Hibernia has one stellar xp item dropped at very low rates by the fog phantom in Cliffs of Moher which was way more numerous according to old maps, but Uthgard has exactly 5 locations where these pop... slowly. I just killed a bunch last night on my chanter by cruising around with a caster pet for a while and then setting a compatriot on aggro and opening up the laptop to cast two buffs on him every 20 min. In 2hr 45 min i killed 56 of them, mostly roaming between the five spawn locs. I got 3 Cracked Dark Heart drops. In the past i've done the same thing with a low con Menty pet left on aggro with me sitting. (low con so it won't resist as often and kill my sitting toon, sitting because otherwise power regen doesn't keep up with chant pulse cost). In that session i got a grand total of one xp drop.)

Powerleveling and decent group leveling are currently faster than almost any efficiently planned xp-loot hunt, and i am saying that as an expert in the latter. And no, the above examples aren't 'efficient', they're borderline masochistic. Perhaps this is working as intended. The game always was hard on solo players, and if we look at xp loot in that context it's really not much of an improvement.

I appreciate that Abydos is still looking at these and cleaning up the additions, and i do think guilds that make use of an open vault where these get dumped/retrieved are actually on to the right idea for making the best use of them. My way is not very smart.

I can confirm that White Wolf Fang dropped in Yggdra Forest on Feb 29th:

*** Chat Log Opened: Sat Feb 29 08:25:42 2020

[10:26:29] You gain 235,325 bonus experience (+25 %) for adventuring in this area!
[10:26:29] You get 1,176,625 experience points. (412,851 camp bonus)
[10:26:29] The white wolf's skin erupts in open wounds!
[10:26:29] You hit the white wolf for 90 damage!
[10:26:29] The white wolf drops a large white wolf pelt.
[10:26:29] The white wolf drops the White Wolf Fang.

[10:26:54] <Begin Info: White Wolf Fang>
[10:26:54] Svewn of Uppland is offering a reward for adventurers who bring them White Wolf Fang. Minimum Level: 28 Maximum Level: 37
[10:26:54] (This is a QUEST ITEM associated with the (Kill-Task) White Wolf Fang quest. Do not destroy this item, as doing so will prevent you from being able to complete the quest. )
[10:26:54] Cannot be sold to merchants.
[10:26:54] <End Info>
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Apr 20, 2020 01:17

Red Eye buged and drop rate low
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Next

Return to Midgard