What made you stop playing here?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Feb 14, 2020 10:41

Requin wrote:
1) EXP RATE & BALANCE
Leveling a necro from 1 to 50 is not so bad <-- Xp rate is okay
Leveling a mercenary from 1 to 50 is very bad <-- So exp rate is okay for specific conditions
The specific condition is that you can chain orange mobs solo.
You would need to be a Necro or Animist or AoE dot or damage reflect; overall mainly dps casters.
So I conclude that there is an issue with melee classes reaching an acceptable exp rate (which is available).
So there is no need to boost the exp; but instead a need to boost the ability to chain orange mobs for some classes.
How can it be done?
- Increase survivability of the handicap classes or decrease the difficulty of mobs for these classes (mob AF, mob physical resists).
or
- Give bonuses such as: endo 1, out of combat health regen.

3) PLAYSTYLE
I haven't done more than a few hours of RvR in Uthgard. It is not what I am looking for.

I am leveling a merc at the moment. I went from level 16 to 39 in 2 weeks. How? By never playing solo (except for crafting). DAoC is an MMO, yes it CAN be played solo but that's not the design point.

You dont like RvR? That's the heart of the game.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Feb 14, 2020 11:00

Mindless keep taking without any opposition gets tedious after a while.

I logged on yesterday to pay rent and ended up getting a horse and running to see Romu levelling in the frontiers for something to do for ****** and giggles

Then i logged and went to play something else.

Server was dying before the flaming elephant launched(much like live was prior to WOW launch, took a couple of years but eu finally died and I ended up on us live).
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Ivant
Warder

Postby Ivant » Feb 14, 2020 11:45

Abydos wrote:Not sure what is meant by "throwing shade" - but I will clarify that

I read multiple contradicting statements there. The middle ground of both of them is "leave it the way it is".

But there is a suggestion to just "try something - anything". We've never been looking to deliver an experiment. We were starting with a set target and moving from there. But in the case of some things, if there isn't a clear path forward on something why risk changing from a known state? Sure it may not be perfect but consider that doing nothing *is* an option and in the absense of data could be the less risky or more correct one.

I dont read leave things the way they are at all, I read that PLing killed the game after it became a necessity due to the speed.

As ever though, i see the official stance is, things are fine. And thats great if this is the server pops you aspire to.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Feb 14, 2020 13:30

Somebody tell me when the GMs change something meaningful here. Tired of reading the cycle of people saying why they dont play and others try to defend that theres only 40 players left during primetime. Yawn

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Feb 14, 2020 15:44

Yea, because Albion really wanted to sit there and watch Mid dominate everything for months as Alb are the least friendly groups to level.

Noone wanted paladins after 50, unless you led a bg, so Alb was forever having its pants down night after night as mid xp groups are practically the same as rvr groups.

Not having df in early days screwed albs as templates this patch level were a nogo, at least now on the server that cannot be named, its a damn sight easier to get up and out there more or less capped
Last edited by Wakefield on Feb 14, 2020 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Feb 14, 2020 15:52

Requin wrote:Autotrain is one of the feature that makes DAoC unique, in that it rewards hardcore play (not hardcore for every type of autotrain) and to have that feature removed was an almost total 180 for me ->uninstall
Requin wrote:...even with my level AF and DPS on a yellow mob I can lose up to 80% of my hp pool; and would have to wait for more than 5 minutes sitted to do the next mob; If instead I could chain them safely with the correct gear (which I usually have) then the exp rate wouldnt need to be improved.
Requin wrote:IMMERSION

Let me guess why your merc sucks that hard... either he is slash or thrust spec and even tho they changed the autotrain system, you still didn't spent any points into your weapon spec, because it would harm your immersive gameplay. :D

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Feb 14, 2020 16:35

The merc is just an example...
Gil wrote:You dont like RvR? That's the heart of the game.

Not true. It's a misconception.

m0e is aggressive toward you
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 14, 2020 19:30

Requin wrote:...The specific condition is that you can chain orange mobs solo....

if the mob cons orange to you it means that is higher level than you = STRONGER than you. But you want the game tailored to allow you to chain mobs STRONGER than you...really? :roll:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Quik
Myrmidon

Postby Quik » Feb 14, 2020 19:53

Gil wrote:
Requin wrote:
1) EXP RATE & BALANCE
Leveling a mercenary from 1 to 50 is very bad <-- So exp rate is okay for specific conditions
You would need to be a Necro or Animist or AoE dot or damage reflect; overall mainly dps casters.
So I conclude that there is an issue with melee classes reaching an acceptable exp rate (which is available).
So there is no need to boost the exp; but instead a need to boost the ability to chain orange mobs for some classes.
How can it be done?
- Increase survivability of the handicap classes or decrease the difficulty of mobs for these classes (mob AF, mob physical resists).
or

3) PLAYSTYLE
I haven't done more than a few hours of RvR in Uthgard. It is not what I am looking for.

I am leveling a merc at the moment. I went from level 16 to 39 in 2 weeks. How? By never playing solo (except for crafting). DAoC is an MMO, yes it CAN be played solo but that's not the design point.

Ok so I am asking this because this is what TENDS to happen in games like this, but it may not be the case here...

You are a known player here and if you were to ask for a group you would immediately get responses inviting you or maybe even offers to start a new character with you...

What about people that are either new, or just not known? I am curious what would happen if someone jumped into the game and asked in general "15 Pally LFG" what would happen?

If you are being completely honest, would people log toons to his level and join him?

Again, please don't take this as an attack, it just happens so often in MMO's. I hear people say it is easy to get groups, but then I will see people asking for groups a lot and not getting responses. I really have no idea how Uthgard deals with it.

of course, if they would simply add an account vault I would be in the game the moment I got home asking for group =)

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Feb 14, 2020 20:03

Ilerget wrote:
Requin wrote:...The specific condition is that you can chain orange mobs solo....

if the mob cons orange to you it means that is higher level than you = STRONGER than you. But you want the game tailored to allow you to chain mobs STRONGER than you...really? :roll:

Then you mean we need to increase exp for blue mobs/yellow mobs.
That would mean that classes which can already exp easily as said before (cab,spirtimaster,caveshaman,sorcerer,enchanter,animist,mentalist,necro) will have an even easier time; this means imbalance.
I am explaining calmly 10 times if you guys need it.

Quik, at the moment there is not enough players to sustain new players; to bring back a healthy pop, we would need a server reset or the release of SI or both.

If there are enough players (around 200 per realm) then a pala lfg at lvl 15 would get a lot of invites; but pala is a special case.

I also push solo leveling because finding groups is an issue for some classes, mainly in Hib/Alb.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Feb 14, 2020 20:29

Requin you've laid out that your want list is basically another game entirely. How happy would you truly be if you only got 15% of what is on it?

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Feb 14, 2020 20:36

Quik wrote:
Gil wrote:
Requin wrote:
1) EXP RATE & BALANCE
How can it be done?
or

3) PLAYSTYLE

Ok so I am asking this because this is what TENDS to happen in games like this, but it may not be the case here...

You are a known player here and if you were to ask for a group you would immediately get responses inviting you or maybe even offers to start a new character with you...

What about people that are either new, or just not known? I am curious what would happen if someone jumped into the game and asked in general "15 Pally LFG" what would happen?

If you are being completely honest, would people log toons to his level and join him?

Again, please don't take this as an attack, it just happens so often in MMO's. I hear people say it is easy to get groups, but then I will see people asking for groups a lot and not getting responses. I really have no idea how Uthgard deals with it.

of course, if they would simply add an account vault I would be in the game the moment I got home asking for group =)

I've been playing on Albion the last year or so AND I live in Europe. During EU prime time the main Alb alliance (led by Romu of Knight's who say Ni) is still pretty active and most of us have several characters so we can bring the needed levels and classes to help newbies. Hibernia and Midgard are not as active, so harder to get groups. If you play on Asia / Oceania time it's pretty dead currently and North America prime time is so-so.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Feb 15, 2020 11:58

Gil wrote:I've been playing on Albion the last year...

Are you confusing Uthgard to <Voldemort server>?

The reality goes something like this:

Log in for Sunday's dragon raid then logging off after, (or immediately if there isn't enough players )- then log onto the other server.
Log in 1-2 times a week if Romu runs his 20 man army, (vs the 2-3 hibs online). However never to be seen in the frontier if Romu isn't running.

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Feb 15, 2020 15:27

fremster wrote:
Gil wrote:I've been playing on Albion the last year...

Are you confusing Uthgard to <Voldemort server>?

The reality goes something like this:

Log in for Sunday's dragon raid then logging off after, (or immediately if there isn't enough players )- then log onto the other server.
Log in 1-2 times a week if Romu runs his 20 man army, (vs the 2-3 hibs online). However never to be seen in the frontier if Romu isn't running.

Maybe that's your reality. I find it easy to get a leveling group most nights on Albion-Uthgard.

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Feb 15, 2020 17:56

Great topic guys. Let’s pick it up again next year after nothing changes!

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics