[uth2 mechanic] Last Hit mobs and loot

If you need support, you can get help here!
IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 07, 2019 19:57

Hi,

I've got a question for the Uth staff and/or any other feedback from people who may know this:

Is there an correlation of who gets the killing blow on a mob on Uthgard 2 and the loot? If there is an incidence, which mobs specifically are impacted by this?

Specifically, if i kill a mob, say Wyvernic Wraith in cursed forest, with a tick from the chanter focus shield or any other damage shield, does the mob necessarily drops nothing but coins?

We're up to 3 kills now, and it seems as though the mob is either bugged and drops nothing, or the pet killing him one way or another makes it so that the mob only drops coins.

Side question, if anyone got some rings of elements from that mob for sale, hit me up in MPS or ig (Petrushka) :)

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Nov 07, 2019 20:40

I got the ring for you, nps. Just on a little vacation atm. Ill be back in a day or 2
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 07, 2019 21:05

Satiah wrote:I got the ring for you, nps. Just on a little vacation atm. Ill be back in a day or 2

Tyvm! one more to go for me then :p
... and like 4 more for my guildies :roll:

enjoy your vacation :)

[edit]: Up to 8 kills now, no loot whatsoever on this mob. Just coins. not sure that's intended for a lvl 74 mob :roll: :roll:

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 12, 2019 01:45

So since no uth staff has provided a comment (great support 10/10), i wanted to update this: After killing the mob 11 times, we finally got 1 drop.
I am not 100% sure what killed it, if it was the focus shield, the pet, or the baseline dmg shield, but something did and it wasnt me or the mentalist i was with.

Still though, killing a lvl 74 epic monster and getting a bag of coins 10 out of 11 times feels greeeeeat. oO I wonder if that's intended or if its just poor uth implementatio..

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Nov 12, 2019 07:37

In daoc there is no correlation between level and drop rate.

Some Level 88 mobs in SI epic dungeons have a drop rate of less than 66%...not even a bag of coins.

And, killing blow does not matter so much - we use the proper daoc system which is based on total hatred

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 12, 2019 11:02

Abydos wrote:In daoc there is no correlation between level and drop rate.

Some Level 88 mobs in SI epic dungeons have a drop rate of less than 66%...not even a bag of coins.

And, killing blow does not matter so much - we use the proper daoc system which is based on total hatred

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is total hatred?

as a point of interest i think this has always been a large flaw in the daoc loot system and it probably the area where the game obsolescence is felt the most..

edit: my question has been answered in the mean time
Last edited by IamKaia on Nov 12, 2019 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Nov 12, 2019 12:12

IamKaia wrote:Sorry for my ignorance, but what is total hatred?

as a point of interest i think this has always been a large flaw in the daoc loot system and it probably the area where the game obsolescence is felt the most..

Are you sure?
I think on uth1 that hatred system didnt exist until last 1-2 years and that meant for example some people parked their NS near evern and if some mids or albs raided evern and had it down to 1% that sneaky NS would perform a PA for lasthit and get all rewards and the albs/mids had no way to pick up the stuff, because drop was bound to the NS.
"Flaw" , ok.
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Nov 12, 2019 19:52

Abydos wrote:In daoc there is no correlation between level and drop rate.

IIRC the epic heal proc chest armor (in Alb) was a 100% drop chance...can probably not even bother testing it...I strongly recall these facts.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Nov 12, 2019 20:08

Only the final encounter in each epic dungeon has at least 1 guaranteed drop. The rest are not guaranteed at all.

Regarding hatred, it is a function of damage & aggression ("aggro") generated that attracts a mob to you. The more you attack / damage / taunt a mob, the higher their hatred of you.

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 13, 2019 01:12

Abydos wrote:Only the final encounter in each epic dungeon has at least 1 guaranteed drop. The rest are not guaranteed at all.

Regarding hatred, it is a function of damage & aggression ("aggro") generated that attracts a mob to you. The more you attack / damage / taunt a mob, the higher their hatred of you.

Jarl Hamar drops 2 items 100% of the time, sometimes a ROG and a regular item from his table, some times 2 regular items. It feels guaranteed...

edit sometimes 2 ROGs and 0 regular items :P
Last edited by IamKaia on Nov 13, 2019 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Nov 13, 2019 01:54

Assuming you mean Jarl Omarr with that one - seems to have been an error. While the logs stats are of low quality (i.e. not many samples) we can see here that out of the 7 kills submitted the drop rate was in fact less than 100%. I've corrected this.

http://www.mindkayak.com/bestiary/mob.jsp?mob=1745

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 13, 2019 01:55

Abydos wrote:Assuming you mean Jarl Omarr with that one - seems to have been an error. While the logs stats are of low quality (i.e. not many samples) we can see here that out of the 7 kills submitted the drop rate was in fact less than 100%. I've corrected this.

http://www.mindkayak.com/bestiary/mob.jsp?mob=1745

No, i meant Jarl Hamar, the one who drops Ice-Etched bracers and Glacial Diamond rings. I have not submitted any logs, but i have killed him many times on a shaman and several on an enchanter and i have not been proven wrong yet..

edit: sorry apparently the accurate mob name is Hamar. http://www.mindkayak.com/bestiary/mob.jsp?mob=3319

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Nov 13, 2019 07:17

Hamars drop rate is not 100%. In general in DAOC you will find 100% to be extremely rare (it does happen in some cases)

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Nov 13, 2019 12:12

bip boop boop

Return to Support