Hibernia signing off.

Talk about your RvR experience here
Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Aug 28, 2019 21:23

You're honestly going to start QQing about bonus DMG now?

Fart in small room and complain of stink?
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 28, 2019 22:14

Grahmdal wrote:You're honestly going to start QQing about bonus DMG now?

Fart in small room and complain of stink?

Just pointing out how shallow your victory was in your "story". Did I moan about it? Nope.

You are absolutely exceptional at missing the point of everyone that posts in response to you. From the last few posts I did, you pick this out for example. That's world class denial and ignorance on show right there sir.

If I fart in a room, I leave the room smirking. This is the same feeling as smoking a Minstrel in a zerg and making it out alive (like I did earlier). Sooo good ;)

Just for lolz too - I found this in my search for the above. This was too good to not post - totally off-topic but trying to lighten the mood:
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Aug 28, 2019 22:56

kinthos wrote:
If I fart in a room, I leave the room smirking. This is the same feeling as smoking a Minstrel in a zerg and making it out alive (like I did earlier). Sooo good ;)

i saw ur emote at fens...how come u didn't challenge me? ...that's right, u know better. ;P
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 28, 2019 23:18

virulent- wrote:
kinthos wrote:

i saw ur emote at fens...how come u didn't challenge me? ...that's right, u know better. ;P

Same as you when your toys are down. Thats right you know better too.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

virulent-
Gryphon Knight

Postby virulent- » Aug 28, 2019 23:34

kinthos wrote:

u emoted me first, then a few moments later engaged a different minstrel and used purge on him...which means u had ur toys when u emoted me initially but u knew wussup not to mess with me lol...rekt.
Drastic / Blademistaire / Kardashian
<Ravensworn> of Hibernia, Palomides 2001 - 2002 *** <Triggered> of Albion, Uthgard2 2017 - 2021

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 28, 2019 23:46

virulent- wrote:
kinthos wrote:

u emoted me first, then a few moments later engaged a different minstrel and used purge on him...which means u had ur toys when u emoted me initially but u knew wussup not to mess with me lol...rekt.

You were cuddling the zerg, he wasn't :)
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

Kaomh
Warder

Postby Kaomh » Aug 28, 2019 23:53

kinthos wrote:
you stopped newer Hibs being PL-d - so no fresh/different Hibs being leveled that day. :hammer:

But when there's no RvR action at all because nobody wants to get steamrolled, I'm sure Albs will think it's someone else's fault.
Smile when you call me "noob!"
Hib:
Vodonn - Valewalker & Legendary Tailor
Fionnaoira - Ranger & Weaponcrafter
Kaomh - Enchantress
Adnuall - Nightshade & Alchemist
Vodoff - Warden
Voivode - Druid
Sporocarp - Animist

Mid:
Beornborg - Skald
Kinkinky - Bonedancer & Legendary Tailor

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Aug 29, 2019 15:19

Kaomh wrote:
kinthos wrote:
you stopped newer Hibs being PL-d - so no fresh/different Hibs being leveled that day. :hammer:

But when there's no RvR action at all because nobody wants to get steamrolled, I'm sure Albs will think it's someone else's fault.

Usually they do their realm xfer back to mid, retake all the keeps, then xfer back to alb and farm said keeps. My guild is keeping Midgard alive, but I cba to move back to hib and trying to get something moving there. Just too much to do with too little support.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Aug 29, 2019 15:37

Rendiviel wrote:
Kaomh wrote:
kinthos wrote:

Usually they do their realm xfer back to mid, retake all the keeps, then xfer back to alb and farm said keeps. My guild is keeping Midgard alive, but I cba to move back to hib and trying to get something moving there. Just too much to do with too little support.

I was hoping some albs would come to the conclusion of adding to Hib numbers by seeing the problem themselves, but yes that is all that's needed I reckon.

A few more interested/active rvr players move to Hib (preferably from Alb, rather than Mid) - and we'd all be back in business. Hib would stand a better chance to defend. Alb would be happy as there would be more keeps to siege (with a defence that stands a chance to at least make some kills/or fend them off). Mids are taking keeps too (thanks to you or other mids) and sometimes run their high RR group doing whatever they do.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Aug 29, 2019 18:35

kinthos wrote:
I was hoping some albs would come to the conclusion of adding to Hib numbers by seeing the problem themselves, but yes that is all that's needed I reckon.

A few more interested/active rvr players move to Hib (preferably from Alb, rather than Mid) - and we'd all be back in business. Hib would stand a better chance to defend. Alb would be happy as there would be more keeps to siege (with a defence that stands a chance to at least make some kills/or fend them off). Mids are taking keeps too (thanks to you or other mids) and sometimes run their high RR group doing whatever they do.

That is mostly happening through my guild and the Team America alliance. We have all been trying to get more people geared up and ready for RVR, and I've specifically leveled my spellcraft to 1001 to help out with getting people templated. Midgard is in a decent state right now, with sporadic leveling groups happening wherever possible.

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Sep 24, 2019 23:44

1. I take everything personally, at least at first.
2. I am risk-averse, at least at first.
3. The server is offline.
5. I sometimes tell other people how to play their class, usually when asked for advice. I am a wealth of info about starting characters and random PvE content below lvl 40. People do ask me how to play their characters and my advice matches what can be found in paper daoc because that's what i'm good at.
6. I only have one lvl 50 toon i play much, and that's mainly for name recognition for my(celiumrunning's) philanthropy. My hardware has always been old AND low-end, except briefly when i had an old engineering laptop, which was old and high-end. I'm in Mexico, where lag can make following the leader through the FZ impossible even without Disco open. I can't play windowed mode unless i revamp my entire life.
7. I reroll toons like crazy, and decline powerleveling or boost (dmg shield, da, hot or buffs) on anything i think i might reroll. (Special thanks to Skull, Gremon, Clino, Alpha, Miller, Adraenia, Asgult)
8. I play solo PvE in a game designed around group --- or large group --- RvR.

That said, i think i have a solution, and a workable one, to Almost ALL of the foregoing and probable-future nastiness. Two questions that inspire it are near the end of this post, though i'm holding my idea in reserve for the moment.

Romu is a good guy, the little i know of him. Have i been annoyed by the mismatch between my expectations and his perfectly legit pattern of action to help his realm-mates? Sure. Gremon, stellar. Skull, likewise. I can find fault with anyone, and i'm particularly good at finding fault with myself, but without healthy, respectful relationships characterised by laughter and continuity, finding fault with myself gets depressing and finding fault with others doesn't help anyone in the long run.

An example of unhelpful criticism of another was Fremster's seemingly ludicrous advice to me of how to play my animist, made without establishing any relationship with me whatsoever. His criticism ended up being partially sensible in light of a 1.68 patch 'fix' nerf i didn't know about. But it's not clear to me even today that he knew about that or that it figured into his criticism, though it could have. Had he bothered to mention what he knew about the class, i might have listened and adjusted what i was doing. But his claim that i should have set up in the courtyard did not make sense to me then or now, given the numbers of attackers already on the keep, the extra Alb group spotted heading our way, and the two stealthers i'd already seen inside. ...stealthers whom my shrooms generally cannot hit even after they've perfed me. Nobody, in fact, was leading the defense and when you have a total of 8? people in the realm, 4 or 5 of them in a group defending, and no organisation, you do what seems best to you. Fremster, you've posted on this thread recently, and i hope you read this and have a thoughtful response. I would like to respect you, and most likely will. Respect, as they say, is earned. What doesn't need earning and is sometimes referred to as 'respect' is accurately called kindness.

Another example of unhelpful criticism of another is any time one player privately criticises another in a gossipy fashion, without a clear and genuine attempt to resolve a situation later with the human being who is the subject of their criticism. I could list a few players who've done quite a bit of that, and won't, since the ones i'm thinking of haven't posted on this thread and i don't know their forum names anyhow.

People from all realms have said occasionally and in different words, that the benefits of realm spirit aren't worth killing game/server spirit.

Well, if anyone is serious about that, i propose that each one consider two questions:
1. What could a path to building game/server spirit look like?
2. What do i have that i could give up to work toward that?

My answers were a bit of an ah-hah i had this morning, building upon what the Hibs here have said, and borrowing slightly from Grahmdal and Gremon:

Actually no. I'm saving my answers to the above two questions, plus a little bit of explanation and premises, in an email draft that may languish until Kingdom Come. Or i may post the idea here if this generates further conversation. Finally, i might open a new thread with the solution that came to me, particularly if the server comes back online and few people are inspired by my questions or even see them. I mean, in my view a return to business-as-usual after a thread this intense means the server really is moribund, a thing i've been loathe to consider.
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Sep 25, 2019 00:10

Anomie wrote:...
People from all realms have said occasionally and in different words, that the benefits of realm spirit aren't worth killing game/server spirit.

Well, if anyone is serious about that, i propose that each one consider two questions:

Free time, and video-game ego.

Anomie wrote:...stealthers whom my shrooms generally cannot hit even after they've perfed me...

I have never encountered this type of mushroom.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Sep 25, 2019 00:51

Possibly not. I'm pretty sure your armsman is the only one of the toons in your signature who has killed my animist. But it seems unlikely, considering how many times Bonz must have encountered other animists. Come to think of it, i think i've seen deathspam with you killing animists in Mount Collory. Absence of evidence to counter a claim is just as weak as absence of evidence to support it, and though i offered no evidence, others have. Maybe your evidence can bring an update to the picture.

I's possible this was a bug and has been fixed at the same time as the nerf i mention. (See below). The last time i was jumped by stealthers was in Darkness Falls quite a long time ago, if i recall correctly. As i said, i don't PvP much, and being risk-averse, i don't put myself in harm's way much. There've been a few keep defenses, but the stealthers have targeted the bard or lurikeen, not me, or simply not shown up. It was never an issue whether a shroom would hit an already unstealthed toon entering its radius. If someone remembers jumping me and getting hit (or not) and can narrow it down by which zone and month, i may be able to pull up a chatlog of it and we can learn something. I haven't logged keep defenses unless i was farming nearby at the time though, which is why i've had nothing to add to that discussion in the way of evidence.

See https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/1710/ and https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/2273/.

The first says that one possibly related issue was solved, but since it didn't work entirely (my shrooms still break on rare occasions, including both lvl 5 shrooms and lvl 50s) and the majority of testing was done with just the lvl 50 shrooms, i'm unconvinced that they're now working or working well against stealthers. If you know anything about this and can back it up, i trust you'll comment and vote on the second issue as it's open and hasn't been updated since August of last year.

Free time, and video-game ego.

I might not understand the second part of the second answer unless i interpret it as referring to the first. Are you saying you've quit after a wipe, and that if you were to give up some video-game ego you would not do so? I can certainly see that as a way of contributing.
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » Sep 26, 2019 06:51

Please ban the bot above me.

Kaomh
Warder

Postby Kaomh » Sep 28, 2019 00:32

****** and recriminations aside, the fact remains that Uthgard is now effectively a two-realm server. Can anything be done about that? Besides the passage of time, I mean.
Smile when you call me "noob!"
Hib:
Vodonn - Valewalker & Legendary Tailor
Fionnaoira - Ranger & Weaponcrafter
Kaomh - Enchantress
Adnuall - Nightshade & Alchemist
Vodoff - Warden
Voivode - Druid
Sporocarp - Animist

Mid:
Beornborg - Skald
Kinkinky - Bonedancer & Legendary Tailor