Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Sep 15, 2019 09:30

Kriko wrote:
GreenP wrote:[x] serverwipe every month

jesus why you people are having such a hard time understanding a simple concept

the server has 30 CONCURRENT PLAYERS ONLINE TOPS

THE SERVER IS DEAD

there is no coming back from this, EVER

So if you dont want all your work (coding, world builiding etc) go to waste, close this server (which is almost 3 yrs old btw, not 1 month) and try opening a new server with the same vision but easier levelling etc.

The other freeshard started off with a classic vision but then they deviated and now it's everything BUT classic, that's why it has lost 80% of its population

how hard can it be to understand this, really..

is you who don't understand it, Uthgard wiped to switch form what Uth1 was to be fully classic and lost forever so many ppl that invested lots of effort during many years. How many ppl yopu think will come to invest time in this server if they know that will be a waste of time because will be wiped again at any moment?

the answer is trustfulness, if they wipe again nobody can have it on his project.
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Kriko
Warder

Postby Kriko » Sep 15, 2019 13:01

The population of uthgard is less than 100 players at any given time
most of the times it does not even go past 50

the server is dead

there is no coming back from this, daoc servers need at least 800/1000 players to be fun and playable.

people no longer care about the server in the current state, they would come back only with a fresh start and thousands people logged in

i mean what is wrong with you people, why do you still care about your characters when the server is dead???

I also spent hundreds of hours on my Uth2 character. So what? they are absolutely of no use because the game is no longer playable. I don't care if they are deleted as long as we can have a new server with SI and some QoL improvements so that ppl come back here and actually stay.
As I already stated many times, DAOC needs to have a healthy population with hundreds or even thousands of players. You need the numbers so that the game can be fun: relic raids, dragon raids, epic dungeon raids and so on, all these things require the server to have a big population

why is this concept so hard to grasp for you?

i'm really speechless here

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Sep 15, 2019 14:38

I agree.
Lets have this server automatically server wipe every 6 months forever so we can always have a population of 2,500-4,500... :gaga:

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Sep 15, 2019 16:11

[x] Add bots acting as players into the game, most real people wouldn't notice any difference !
Make sure skaldbots do mezz first, then use their DD to break the mezz! That how it rolled on uth1/uth2 !
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Kriko
Warder

Postby Kriko » Sep 15, 2019 17:32

Malach wrote:I agree.
Lets have this server automatically server wipe every 6 months forever so we can always have a population of 2,500-4,500... :gaga:

unbelievable stupid comment but o well, people here are clearly too braindamaged to understand any opinion that differs from theirs

keep your 30players dead server and have fun with it

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Sep 16, 2019 17:58

Game Server:
Players: 0
Created Accounts: 0
Created Characters: 0

That was interesting to see so early in the morning.

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Sep 16, 2019 18:08

Malach wrote:Game Server:

The server crashed yesterday...it's back up and running normal, but the homepage says all zeroes, as well the heralds aren't showing correct keep status...

A hampster somewhere needs to get back on its wheel :-)
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

4lex
Guardian

Postby 4lex » Sep 17, 2019 22:54

Kriko wrote:i'm really speechless here

If only that were true...

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Sep 17, 2019 23:11

4lex wrote:
Kriko wrote:i'm really speechless here

If only that were true...

Owned :lol:

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Sep 18, 2019 19:52

Malach wrote:Game Server:

it stopped working again. Vote: https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... ot_working
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Sep 18, 2019 20:28

I think Blue is already on it...a few posts about it on the support thread...think it's the whole server down this time.

A hamster has completely died, it would seem :(

Previous

Return to General Topics