Here's how you get back the 2,500-4,500 players

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Aug 02, 2019 07:59

Abydos wrote:Did you ever consider that we have other things to do, and while we want Uth to work and all that, that we might have lives outside of DAOC?

You do have what? That's heresy! DAoC has to be all your life and everyday duty!
Albion Forever!

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Aug 02, 2019 08:20

SI: While not super recent, you'll note that Dura'ek and Stag encounters are "in" (Classic...) ... they were completed in SI then plopped into classic. So there's that.

Genjiro and I have been (slowly, due to my schedule) working on the bits to get RVR missions in play.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Aug 02, 2019 08:45

Genjiro must also have a busy schedule since this has been in the works for 7 month now.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Aug 02, 2019 10:42

Sometimes we work at the speed of ents.

The whole "irl" thing. (Currently its on me - send hookers and blow)

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Aug 17, 2019 14:24

I would be super interested to have some insight on what implementing SI on Uthgard entails, i am aware you are distributing custom files but i would find something like a dev (v)log fascinating

Kriko
Warder

Postby Kriko » Aug 25, 2019 18:39

the only thing thats needed to get 2k+ players back is to relaunch possibly with SI and some serious QoL improvement (but NOT a custom garbage server like the other freeshard, that is not even daoc in my opinion)

i rly wish they would do this, but i think my hopes are in vain :'(

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Aug 26, 2019 13:54

Kriko wrote:the only thing thats needed to get 2k+ players back is to relaunch possibly with SI and some serious QoL improvement (but NOT a custom garbage server like the other freeshard, that is not even daoc in my opinion)

Convince Krokodil to return and make Tajendi 3 imo. Tajendi was more interesting than SI.

Kaomh
Warder

Postby Kaomh » Aug 26, 2019 15:39

Kriko wrote:the only thing thats needed to get 2k+ players back is to relaunch possibly with SI and some serious QoL improvement (but NOT a custom garbage server like the other freeshard, that is not even daoc in my opinion)

"Relaunch" means simultaneously rewarding the people who abandoned Uthgard and punishing the people who are still there, by putting the two on equal footing. I suspect it would result in a net loss for the server population.
Smile when you call me "noob!"
Hib:
Vodonn - Valewalker & Legendary Tailor
Fionnaoira - Ranger & Weaponcrafter
Kaomh - Enchantress
Adnuall - Nightshade & Alchemist
Vodoff - Warden
Voivode - Druid
Sporocarp - Animist

Mid:
Beornborg - Skald
Kinkinky - Bonedancer & Legendary Tailor

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Aug 27, 2019 19:10

You don ´t have to consider a wipe, when you don ´t have active devs who can setup things, tweaks, SI etc. in a moderate time.

Uthgard is running now as it is, how much progress you see when you look back for 1 year? You can ´t serenade a dead horse for a new beginning, first of all something must happen in the staff- lounge, if this happens we could discuss about setup, wipe etc. at the moment you ppl can be happy about staff is still paying the bills for running this server for at least just 50-100 players.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Sep 11, 2019 19:45

I hope we see that change soon then :)

It is never too late for Uthgard 2.0 to blossom again, give it time and try to log in for RvR on wednesday and saturdays, that is where you find the most active rvr currently.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Sep 12, 2019 14:46

madskaizer wrote:I hope we see that change soon then :)

It is never too late for Uthgard 2.0 to blossom again, give it time and try to log in for RvR on wednesday and saturdays, that is where you find the most active rvr currently.

My guild has been leveling up toons and we nearly have an 8 man setup ready. My healer is 1 bub from 38 and we had a bit of inc last night from the Albs. Romu group is going to have some competition soon ;)

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Sep 12, 2019 20:47

Rendiviel wrote:
madskaizer wrote:I hope we see that change soon then :)

My guild has been leveling up toons and we nearly have an 8 man setup ready. My healer is 1 bub from 38 and we had a bit of inc last night from the Albs. Romu group is going to have some competition soon ;)

Looking forward to that, since we had all keeps yesterday, we ventured through some RvR dungeons for exp, come find us ;)
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Kriko
Warder

Postby Kriko » Sep 13, 2019 23:52

the server literally has less than 50 players at peak and people still have hope it can blossom again. i have literally no words to describe how blind , shortsighted you are.

its a MMORPG, the server is supposed to have HUNDREDS if not thousands of players, not a couple dozens.

and yes, a wipe is a solution, because people love fresh starts.
of course with some real adjustment like faster xp etc.

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Sep 14, 2019 06:06

[x] serverwipe every month
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Kriko
Warder

Postby Kriko » Sep 15, 2019 01:36

GreenP wrote:[x] serverwipe every month

jesus why you people are having such a hard time understanding a simple concept

the server has 30 CONCURRENT PLAYERS ONLINE TOPS

THE SERVER IS DEAD

there is no coming back from this, EVER

So if you dont want all your work (coding, world builiding etc) go to waste, close this server (which is almost 3 yrs old btw, not 1 month) and try opening a new server with the same vision but easier levelling etc.

The other freeshard started off with a classic vision but then they deviated and now it's everything BUT classic, that's why it has lost 80% of its population

how hard can it be to understand this, really..

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics