A Summer's Task

Here you can comment on news articles.
Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Aug 18, 2019 10:43

is it possible to turn up the droprate on some items or put some more mobs on maps?

fx fog phantome are maybe 5 mobs shattered across whole cliffs of moher, eriu waylayer i only could find 1 in shannon eastuary, the tidal sheeries drop tons of trash that the chance for the sack of grain in next to nothing

i opened already a few issues for not working xp items would be cool if someone could fix it too

kildich
Warder

Postby kildich » Aug 24, 2019 15:39

I think its great that the devs are still working on Uthgard. I sadly don't see too much movement from the new munchkin server back to Uthgard but their population is disappearing fast. Yesterday had around 600 which is more than a massive drop. Of course its summer but I have a feeling they are losing people due to some of the silly things they are doing. More power to Uthgard though with Albion owning everything I on Hib can't get into DF...... :(

Kaomh
Warder

Postby Kaomh » Aug 26, 2019 18:03

Anomie wrote:Hey, i'm here to report mixed results:

Medicinal Herbs work when turned in to Goraidh in Druim Cain. When turned in he responds appropriately, but when simply engaging him fresh he talks about leaving his home in Haggerfel (Midgard, not Hibernia of course). He even called my druid Skald! I left in high dudgeon, though with a bit more xp than when i began speaking to the imposter. This only applies to the uppercase named loot, as the lowercase 'medicinal herbs', like the lowercase bear pelts, don't work as xp loot. Also they don't stack, so they take up inventory space while farming and as such are pretty much worthless.

Dangerous Tooth definitely still not working unless there's an NPC by the name of Alabhois somewhere in Uthgard. There's an Alabhaois, a firbolg in Druim Cain, but he babbles about Skimmer Skins, not dangerous creatures as Alabhois is said to do. For fun i tried giving him the Toothsies, but he wouldn't bite.

I checked the Web Archive for snapshots of the relevant page from Allakhazam:
https://web.archive.org/web/20051126131 ... quest=2441

As you can see, the earliest anyone recorded the page was Nov. 2005, on which date the last-update to the page was from September that year.
As these Dangerous Tooth items do indeed drop in Uthgard (and have since i began playing in 2016, i believe) i imagine the task existed at 1.65, and that Issue 4668 is valid. Because they are indeed blank when delved. This was true before the recent xp love patch, and continues to be so. (I've tried ones saved from before as well as those dropped since)

https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... nce_Reward

And the plot thickens... Skimmer Skins aren't in the spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Probably because ZAM suggests they're a SI xp task item drop and the starting NPC Ainnle is in Droighaid.
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?cquest=666

I imagine i'll be back to post again. Thanks for all the hard work on this freeshard.

Streaming Wisp Husks don't work either. The NPC doesn't want them. See Issue #4918.
Smile when you call me "noob!"
Hib:
Vodonn - Valewalker & Legendary Tailor
Fionnaoira - Ranger & Weaponcrafter
Kaomh - Enchantress
Adnuall - Nightshade & Alchemist
Vodoff - Warden
Voivode - Druid
Sporocarp - Animist

Mid:
Beornborg - Skald
Kinkinky - Bonedancer & Legendary Tailor

Gremon
Warder

Postby Gremon » Aug 27, 2019 12:26

kildich wrote:I think its great that the devs are still working on Uthgard. I sadly don't see too much movement from the new munchkin server back to Uthgard but their population is disappearing fast. Yesterday had around 600 which is more than a massive drop. Of course its summer but I have a feeling they are losing people due to some of the silly things they are doing. More power to Uthgard though with Albion owning everything I on Hib can't get into DF...... :(

Get a group (I know difficult on hib) together and Port to the new BG. Get the keep and you can get into DF.

Door 1 and 2 are lvl 1 and door 3 is lvl 8 by default I believe.

So you need 1 ram at least. some craftiness and voila. You can enter Df from the portal inside the keep.
Gremon <The Ministry> Alb Excaliber - Gremon <Guardians of Light> Alb Uthgard 2

pripankaj
INVADER

Postby pripankaj » Sep 01, 2019 06:35

thanx for sharing......

Einne
Guardian

Postby Einne » Sep 17, 2019 00:03

is this game still going? really love to come if there people playing. But i dont see where it says how many players online, etc or i will have to figure out. Some answers are welcome. :)

Thank you.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Sep 17, 2019 11:41

Einne wrote:is this game still going? really love to come if there people playing. But i dont see where it says how many players online, etc or i will have to figure out. Some answers are welcome. :)

Thank you.

Yes, people still play. During EU primetime there are about 40-50 players. During NA primetime there around 20-30 players.

Quik
Myrmidon

Postby Quik » Sep 24, 2019 20:35

I would be the first to return if Uth had a shared vault, but Abydos has stated they will never add one.

A friend and I both love playing and both of us love gearing up alts, but we both hate needing to depend on another player just to transfer gear unless we get a house and vault, and again neither of us are interested in housing.

A transfer stash is something every current game and even most old games that have gear has. Everquest even has it and it came out before DAoC.

Without it though I will play other games and as soon as I see Uth adds one I will be making a character and starting fresh =)

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Sep 24, 2019 22:13

Quik wrote:I would be the first to return if Uth had a shared vault, but Abydos has stated they will never add one.

A friend and I both love playing and both of us love gearing up alts, but we both hate needing to depend on another player just to transfer gear unless we get a house and vault, and again neither of us are interested in housing.

A transfer stash is something every current game and even most old games that have gear has. Everquest even has it and it came out before DAoC.

Without it though I will play other games and as soon as I see Uth adds one I will be making a character and starting fresh =)

if you are 2... where you need other players to transfer anything 8O

Not that I am against a account vault or anything, +1 here. Sure would be great. But this argument just doesn't make sense like this. :lol:

Quik
Myrmidon

Postby Quik » Sep 24, 2019 22:17

We have completely different shifts so we don't play a lot together.

I hate depending on a friend being in game to do a transfer when I can simply move it to a vault and have it rdy for when I want it on whatever character I want.

I don't agree with a lot of what phoenix did, but I did like how they made your gold account wide also. nice just having all your gold available on any toon at any time. There really is no reason to be as restrictive as DAoC can be on these features.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Sep 26, 2019 01:14

Quik wrote:We have completely different shifts so we don't play a lot together.

I hate depending on a friend being in game to do a transfer when I can simply move it to a vault and have it rdy for when I want it on whatever character I want.

I don't agree with a lot of what phoenix did, but I did like how they made your gold account wide also. nice just having all your gold available on any toon at any time. There really is no reason to be as restrictive as DAoC can be on these features.

just buy a house, house vault works great for transfers. add you friend to your house list its not that hard

Previous

Return to News