Idea for net neutral population gain

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Jun 21, 2019 14:30

Malinus wrote:For all those who think that the timer <keep on fire> is too long.

When proposing a patch idea, do you have a good idea for everyone? Or do you only see your perssonel advantage?

Deleting or reducing the timer will not help improve the game here. This will always benefit some, and disadvantage others.

Who will benefit? The populated Realm (easy to build), and the 7/8 L solos (ennough skill to def a keep)
Who will disavow, the depopulated Realm and the small team (4/5 man and no 50) that tries to rebuild itself.

And if I go to the end of my convictions, we must not help the strong and disadvantage the weak. In these difficult times or we lack players, we must allow small team to rebuild, if what you want is really find back a little more action.

We saw it in the pass, august 2018 when the Hib leaders left on the rival server, the other Realms had not let any chance to small team to rebuild, reach the 3L0 to have the minimum realm ability to compete => all players Hib leaved.

This winter Albion did not let any chance to Midgard, mainly the Slayer guild who constantly rebuild to try to come back. These was 30 new players since January, knowing that there was another server (easier more populate), 30 news players who still try the Uthgard adventure despite everything, fighting, persseverering to make their 50, templete them, but finaly 30 news players who leaved before the 3L0. 30 players who would still be active today if we had left a little time instead of taking them back at the least keep.
Imagine what Slayer suffered this winter, a group (8 man) with only 2 level 50 templated, and 6 level 40+ blue stuff. For a miserable gain (450 rps and much less for the lowest level), be forced to build 2 ram on each door (level 1) to take a keep (level1) to raise their team (because of a flag timer too much short), then switch realm, rebuild 2 ram on each gate (level 1) on another keep (level 1).
Yes! We had to avoid the INC, but can you claim PvP with a team Xper 1L0 versus Romu zerg or Ripbrosky team fixe 6L? Are you really playing DAOC to fight RR 1/2?

We already have the possibility without patch to fight against this timer flag, simply by upgrading the doors, and give you plenty of time to intervene when the flag is ignited. 2 week ago, while albion was taking Avartak, Finaly it's 5 man Hib winthout ram who taken the keep, only by killing Alb and use their ram. Why?Gates was level 4 and hibbie had time to come!
The flag timer is not a prob here!

Stop with stuipid idea who will help nobody to improve game!

First - for reference, the hib groups we have run are almost always unoptimised - rarely a druid, sometimes none. Mixture of sub-50 (30-50) levels and classes. We've had better numbers and interest recently as we've had a number of successes and this improved morale. We are very beatable - especially if you can get to a keep we have just hit in a timely manner.

Second, I asked for this change when Hib was suffering from low population, morale and lack of keeps and any relics. Now we have most keeps and most relics and my opinion has not changed.

I don't apologise for ruining the mutual rp donating scheme some people had going on. However, this remove the timer on flames on keeps request I've made won't stop that happening. It just makes it more challenging and you may have to face defenders or just more players in general. Why are you so against facing opposing players?

You could also look at a slightly tweaked version of the flames timer. For example, more numbers on a keep, the sooner the flames appear. Fewer numbers, take the same 3 minutes. This might be a fairer adjustment. I'm not against discussing a fair solution.

p.s. this is an idea that (I believe) would improve things. Hopefully stop the PVP dodgers from being so effective in their dodging.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jun 21, 2019 15:55

I'm just struggling to understand whether Romu is a lying PoS or he's retarded beyond belief and can't even approximately estimate how many players he's fighting against. I mean, you literally need to be either lying or have 75 IQ to claim there were ever 3+ bomb groups inside a keep waiting for them. Most of the time we were 7 or 1fg and that's why we camped, whenever we had close to equal numbers or at least half of what they had, we fought in the open. And lol at them not dodging inc, dude literally took keeps with 30ish people for 150 rps, then switched zones and took 45 min break hiding somewhere between keeps and they did this for months. Then again, we are talking about a guy who brags that he has lifter 5, so anything is possible. Anyway it is what it is, uthgard2 at its finest. What can you expect from a guy who does dragon raid with 50 people and has no clue about dragon mechanics (anyone calling himself or herself a human being would ask around and at the very least he/she and their group would know how it's done and the rest you can have filled with casuals if you're zerging...but I guess when you're subhuman your ego is too big to ask around, learn or god forbid test it for yourself).

Again...it's uthgard2 and we have what we have.

It is what it is.

MARGHY
Warder

Postby MARGHY » Jun 21, 2019 17:30

I just love how Romu keeps dying over and over again and comes back again and again just to die more in fights like that. I have first noticed this strange autistic behaviour many many months ago when he was leading a 40-50 albs zerg on a daily basis, he literally was charging in the lord room and dying at least 5-6 times until we completely wiped them. I think i have a /stats screenshot of making 8k rp/20min off them somewhere :lol: . Champion of Resurrection Illness 4 lyfe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Jun 21, 2019 18:38

Enough with the Romu hating already. He's the last positive thing going on on this server.
Last edited by Satiah on Jun 21, 2019 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Jun 21, 2019 19:12

Most of my comments weren't aimed at Romu but responses to Malinus's comments. I don't agree with giving Romu sh1t. It was frustrating when all the keeps were falling and we couldn't gather a force to defend against it or respond quick enough, but thats changed a bit on Hib and I welcome it now. I still would like flames quicker tho ;)
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Romu
Gryphon Knight

Postby Romu » Jun 21, 2019 20:48

Valfgar already promised 3 times he would ignore me, but looks like i still hurt his feelings. Woosh was banned and cant resist flaming me with his new account MARGHY, the guy who already created a flaming video for me. 24 times Romu in a 6 Minute Video, that makes a Romu every 15 Seconds. Thanks for all the attention, did not expect that i did such a traumatic experience to you. Feel free to let out all your hate, all i can do is laugh about you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jun 22, 2019 03:21

Romu wrote:Valfgar already promised 3 times he would ignore me, but looks like i still hurt his feelings. Woosh was banned and cant resist flaming me with his new account MARGHY, the guy who already created a flaming video for me. 24 times Romu in a 6 Minute Video, that makes a Romu every 15 Seconds. Thanks for all the attention, did not expect that i did such a traumatic experience to you. Feel free to let out all your hate, all i can do is laugh about you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone wants a deathblow on you (like they wanted it on Shinano back on uthgard1, just for laughs), ****** happens. Anyway, it's uthgard2 so it's normal I guess. My ignore list got cleared for some reason btw. Also, people are calling your name a lot because you're permanently overextended like the biggest noob in the world that you are, on a paladin L O L.

@Spy

I don't care about Romu...I've come to realize it's the reality of uthgard2 and that this playing style is perceived as normal. I was merely commenting on the fact that the dude is coming up with imaginary numbers of 3 full bomb groups camping a keep and refusing to fight them in the open...LoL. Like I said, either they can't even approximately tell the numbers they're facing or he's just a liar. As far as people who say "Romu is the only good thing on the server" (like that whiny pussy Satiah who was lying and being delusional on uth1 as well, one of those babies crying for a server wipe so he could compete)....well, my spiritual beliefs are in no way conventional and I really don't subscribe to the idea of "God" in any way known to most people, but let's just say only God can help those people because nobody else can. What the hell is good about people who consciously avoid inc, who don't invest 5 minutes into studying any aspect of an activity they've been engaging in for more than a decade and still just behave like headless chickens? I mean it takes you literally less than one day to learn how to play a class properly if you ask around (that goes for all the Romulites as well). Ok, how you will apply this knowledge and how long it will take you to start feeling comfortable playing a class in a real PvP environment is another thing...depends on your reflexes and many other things like enough fights against different types of groups/classes, but you have to start somewhere.

These people are not even capable of doing DAOC PvE without a zerg, and even then it's chaos because nobody knows nothing. I mean wtf, there are games with fairly challenging PvE encounters but DAOC ain't one of them :D. I don't understand how a human being or someone calling themselves a human being can engage in an activity for 10+ years, some of them even bragging how they've been playing for 15 years and got married via DAOC and still show no desire to learn anything and consciously choose to be a headless chicken. I've played with a bunch of people over 45 years old and they did just fine even in 8v8 once they decided to give it a shot, it just took a little bit of curiosity and actually playing and challenging themselves. That can be applied to any playing style.
It is what it is.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jun 22, 2019 10:57

Valfar wrote:
Romu wrote:flaming me with his new account MARGHY

My ignore list got cleared for some reason btw.

lol making fake acc to talk to himself. good one.
sure it got cleared for some reason, and your dog also ate the home work at school :gaga:

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Jun 23, 2019 02:01

LOL I remember Ripbroski and Degree getting wiped by a SLAYER bomb they came back, with a plan and wiped us, about a month later they cam back to Mid and played their bombs with us vs romu. A bomb group isn't hard to kill if you know what to do. :gaga:

Previous

Return to General Topics