BD's heads up about present pet situation

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Jun 08, 2019 12:58

So I haven't played extensively lately, at least on my BD. Mainly been farming with it but there is something going on you should be aware of. If it happens to you and you think it would be productive, by all means open a ticket with support.

Some kind of tweaks appear to have been done with pets, awhile back I noticed they would not behave properlly in RvR but in the middle of a fight you don't always have time to inspect what is going on. Mainly I notice it while farming in dungeons, the subs will just cease to operate. Seems to happen when the guardian/healer clip into a wall as often happens just from normal activity. Once they pop back out they will stand there, not buffing or fighting. Only recourse is a resummon, and at times I have had to relog completely to clear it. Very annoying when trying to farm, as the power costs to summon/buff a pet set are extensive.

Please share if you are experiencing this as well.

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Jun 08, 2019 13:59

have the same problems on my bd, expirienced it in spindel while farming in the lover tunnes, every time healers move into a wall and come out again they stop healing.
in rvr i had it with caster pet fx in keep fights.

so for me it has been everytime they pass trough the structure they stop working. but i never had to completely relog, a simple recast worked, but still annoying when fighting or low on pow

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Jul 14, 2019 13:25

So did they revert whatever was done to cause this? Haven't noticed it happening last couple farm sessions and I was actually in a keep the other day and didn't have a problem with pets crapping out although no pvp was going on.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jul 14, 2019 14:36

Apparently no change was needed tp fix this.
Maybe it's a location problem and will not occur everwhere in the world.
Could also have been a pathing hiccup (timeout) which solved itself.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Aug 09, 2019 15:51

Nope, problem is still persistent....

Had another instance of pet ceasing to function in Varulvahm while specced Supp. Pet had not even clipped into wall, just stopped fighting/buffing.

Respecced to BA to try out some things, had numerous instances. Usually just the low level guardian stopping work but when the healer and guardian stop at same time, it presents an issue for survival. Got too close to wall all 3 subs winked into it, when they came out for next mob the soldier was ok but the other two just stood around. PvP is obviously out as an option, it might be a tad melodramatic to say this makes the game unplayble at present but its certainly not enjoyable to try and farm your rent and have this keep happening.

Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Aug 10, 2019 16:08

daoc is too complicated for you

Return to Bonedancer