Equal access to charges

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » May 20, 2019 07:38

I just wanted to ask, is this something we may see down the road?

AFAIK we've sort of left behind strict 1.65 and have started peppering in changes...I'm certainly looking forward to the Halls of Claret soon (I don't think I can stay up for 3 more hours to be the first in there lol)...I'm hoping to see the solo/small scene pick up, and I think all realms having access to 75 stat charges would really go well.

I really like the emphasis on DF w/ the new BG change...maybe there is a way to incorporate stat buff charges into DF? A recipe ingredient through merchants...or drops from diamond mobs?

Anyway, cheers!
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » May 20, 2019 10:20

Grahmdal wrote:I just wanted to ask, is this something we may see down the road?

AFAIK we've sort of left behind strict 1.65 and have started peppering in changes...I'm certainly looking forward to the Halls of Claret soon (I don't think I can stay up for 3 more hours to be the first in there lol)...I'm hoping to see the solo/small scene pick up, and I think all realms having access to 75 stat charges would really go well.

I really like the emphasis on DF w/ the new BG change...maybe there is a way to incorporate stat buff charges into DF? A recipe ingredient through merchants...or drops from diamond mobs?

Anyway, cheers!

S/C charges for alb/hib and more plentiful access to D/Q charges would be superb - I'm doubtful this would come though.
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » May 20, 2019 14:04

kinthos wrote:
Grahmdal wrote:I just wanted to ask, is this something we may see down the road?

Anyway, cheers!

S/C charges for alb/hib and more plentiful access to D/Q charges would be superb - I'm doubtful this would come though.

Not 1.65, can't be done. Don't like it, play on anoth-
Oh. right. Give them 7 months and they'll do it.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » May 21, 2019 01:46

Or...

They could just take the charge away from mid. You know, instead of bringing the other two realms up they could just bring the one realm down.

Would be less work.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » May 23, 2019 16:22

Malach wrote:Or...

They could just take the charge away from mid. You know, instead of bringing the other two realms up they could just bring the one realm down.

Would be less work.

Mid needs S/C since none of our stealthers have dex based weapon scaling

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » May 23, 2019 20:07

Rendiviel wrote:
Malach wrote:Or...

Would be less work.

Mid needs S/C since none of our stealthers have dex based weapon scaling

Nope. Mid has access to a stronger STR based race. If anything it simply shows that Hib is only the realm that does not have this.
If we did you might also see some BladeShades. However, it's still better to give S/C + D/Q charge items to Hib and Alb. I'm not in favour of removing S/C from Mid. Thats not fair to all the people who farmed it (albeit very easily from what I understand).
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » May 24, 2019 21:57

In SI dont all 3 realms get all the charges ? :twisted:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » May 24, 2019 23:09

Pendalith wrote:In SI dont all 3 realms get all the charges ? :twisted:

Albion got Str/con added to Dura'ek in 1.67 when they re-itemized Fomor, AC, and Trollheim.

We agreed some time ago we would place these 1.67 mobs and items in the game, but I never finished building them. We lacked certain information to complete it that was not confirmed, unfortunately.

If I can go gather it myself, I may pick this initiative up again.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » May 25, 2019 14:29

Abydos wrote:
Pendalith wrote:In SI dont all 3 realms get all the charges ? :twisted:

If I can go gather it myself, I may pick this initiative up again.

Ok, how about you just remove the mid's str/con charge till you pick the initiative up again?
I don't mean to tell you what to do...but...all the str/con and dex/qui charges should have been released at the same time or not released at all.

Basicly... remove mid str/con charge till you get around to putting them in for all the realms.

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » May 25, 2019 19:12

Also alb-scouts had the slightest chance of getting d/q charge from dragonbow, " heart of north" but sure they replaced the charge with an useless dam-charge, based on wrong informations

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » May 25, 2019 22:10

its not wrong info Sumosan.

We're not going to be removing items from Midgard

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » May 26, 2019 11:54

guys in issuetracker > heart of north posted evidence, issue is valid....staff changed d/q charge into useless procc anyways.
without bringing evidence themself...

(or did not changed it back yet, issues isnt solved yet i guess)

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » May 26, 2019 13:26

Are you talking about this issue?

It appears quite clearly that the item was changed from a D/Q charge to a DD proc in 1.64 patch. Evidence was clearly posted on this it looks like. oO

P.S. There is another issue 4522 that has no evidence posted, maybe you only saw this one... /shrugs

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » May 26, 2019 13:55

it's said that the changes came with/after ToA, so far beyond 1.65

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » May 26, 2019 14:08

What you are saying contradicts the following evidence found in issue 4187:

"The Item was changed from D/Q Charge to a 2,500 Ranged DD Proc following this patch.

Patch 1.64

- The "old" dragon items from Cuuldurach, Golestandt, and Gjalpinuva will now drop made of level 10 materials, instead of the standard classic Camelot level 8 materials. Unfortunately, this does not apply to existing original dragon items...to accomplish this, totally new items had to be made that are copies of the original set of dragon items, because an object's material cannot be changed retroactively. Of these new items, most armor pieces are set to be reactive procs now, and some of the less popular weapon procs are changed to more favorable ones.

Latest entry should reflect this item shown: http://i.imgur.com/zb1GJaF.jpg"

I am unable to find what you are talking about. Could you cite some examples or evidence of what you are convinced is wrong?

Next

Return to General Topics