Makes it sense to start over again?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Muffy
Guardian

Postby Muffy » Mar 18, 2019 20:51

Hey,

there are approx. 65 players online currently. Even on the weekend we have 70 players at mean.
These are 20-30 players for each realm.

I've loved the game years ago and i wanted to start over again on this server.
Unfortunately, it's very hard to spot any player and it's even harder to find a group.

My question is: Makes it sense to start over again?

Should i only play a solo hero and admit myself that i will never reach a high level chararcter?

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Mar 18, 2019 23:52

IMO the general attitude right now is people just hanging out, waiting to see what shapes up with regards to RvR tasks, etc...in light of that...

Also, a lot of people who don't play here still like to post here, and in general bang the same old drum...like the relative everybody avoids because they steer every conversation to their own favorite topic.

That being said...I don't know what level your hero is...but I know the people who still play here are really nice, friendly, and very helpful. I'd say don't be shy about asking to get something going in /lfg channel, or even just do a /who all and /send people if you're hard up for some gear.

Other than that, the /whisper task guards make 1-20 really fast now with the quest xp bonus, and right now hunting in Frontiers is pretty calm...lots of easy bonuses out there.

If you don't mind working up some crafting to 500-700 range, hib also has some really easy, high coin mobs. http://www.disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/ is a great resource...and you can now sort mobs in a zone by average kill value. By the time you can easily kill some mid 20s mobs, it's really easy to keep any character decked out, with potions too. HP regen and heal pots can really speed along soloing on a tank....and the hib HZ seems to be well stocked thanks to some devoted crafters.

Anyway, best of luck.

~Wackle the chanter
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Mar 19, 2019 01:21

It's not with starting here with the current player count. You can just solo and that will take you month to get to 50

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 19, 2019 04:31

If your an adult with RL responsibilities it takes 6 to 8 months to solo up to 50, which is the main goal for the server to get up to RVR level because there's no battleground action due to no /rp on /rp off. There is no battlegrounds scene what-so-ever.

'The RVR is mostly just trading keeps these days, sometimes a enemy group will run up to the flagged keep and if they're a larger group and wipe yours then your team quits for the day, if they're smaller and you wipe them they quit for the day and you continue taking keeps.

If this appeals to you then you should join either alb or mid because hib doesn't exist.

Join mid if you want to win all the time. They only don't win when they're not online.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 19, 2019 04:37

Oh and you'll have to learn at least 2 trade skills, which means you'll have to do a lot of farming for gold.

You can still buy lvl 50 99% quality armor and weapons from the housing merchants, so you should focus on spell crafting and alchemy.

This will also take a long time.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 19, 2019 04:53

here's an example of what it might be like for you. Just now I logged onto my 50 inf to see if I can gank anyone in DF.. No one is in there so I got no kills. And since its past peak active player online time no one will be taking keeps.

So I log off. I finished up my whole day in less then 10 minutes.

Starting on this server....no point. You should find something more productive to do. New gaming consoles are coming out in late 2019 or in 2020. Buy one of those. Project1999 is a completely different game with very good population I suggest that game while you wait on new gaming consoles.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Mar 19, 2019 08:53

opinions of many people who don't play here anymore and comes to forums to troll and drive people away, how nice
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 19, 2019 10:43

Would it be better to lie to him?

Oh come on new guy, you'll have ton's of groups. So many people playing right now. Go hib. You'll get your end game template super fast and cheap cause your guild will have all the people already building armor for everyone lvl 50 cause there's tons of quality RVR happening at all hours of the day.

I still do play. I log on every day. I /lfg for RVR all the time when I'm on until I get discouraged and just click out play another game and leave my character standing in game until the time Q logs him out automatically to boost the active players online number.

Keep on playing guy, report back to forum and let everyone know what you think every week.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 19, 2019 12:22

You see this is why I'm always saying we need /rp off.

This Muffy guy wants to know if its worth it to level up to 50. Currently it is very arguable that it is not.

But it could be worth it to level up to the 20 - 25 for the first battlegrounds because it's easy to get that far. It's easy to get to level 20 and have a 20 template, its hard to get to 50 and complete a final template. Some items new players will never get because it takes full guilds to kill boss mobs.

Then the momentum of people starts to build up again and maybe some decide to start leveling again or they're encouraged to start leveling again when they start building friends and guilds.

I have literally given away full SC'd player crafted level 20- 40 gear because its not worth my time to sell that stuff. Level 20 - 25 player crafted and even SC'ing it is dirt cheap. Few hundred gold. Anyone could casually enjoy playing this server if /rp off was a thing.

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Mar 19, 2019 14:09

i dont know what all u "it takes ages to level to 50 guys" do all day long, killing green mobs?!

i for myself like to level solo, atm working on my 2nd healer, i am an adult, have a fulltime job and other rl responsibilities. and still on class thats not really ment to solo i try to get max bonus to see how fast an xp bar can raise.
ofc this is just for times of no action but still.
if u really want to play Dark Age of Camelot and not a poor copy stuffed with QoL changes Uthgard is the place to be.

Metallo
Myrmidon

Postby Metallo » Mar 19, 2019 15:01

No sense on this server with this patch.. Old RA kill the population on this beatifull server

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Mar 25, 2019 03:02

On topic: The OP should look up Solem Contego in hib...nice folks with active xp groups...even out storming keeps too.

Also, Hib housing has a lot of fantastic template items fairly cheap. I'm guessing in another week or two, hulks and Cuuldurach will once again fall to the mighty army of mushrooms, mooses, and spectacular baseline nukes.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Mar 29, 2019 13:41

Wow this thread went off on a tanget. The original poster wasn't talking about a reset or trinkets. They were asking if they should start over again, and since there aren't many people it would be hard to get a solo hero to 50. Read much?

Answer: With low pop at least hunting in the frontier is pretty safe, and occasionaly I see peeps at the wraiths powerleving others. The problem comes once you hit 50, most of the action is keeptakes and if you happen to find enemies, they will more than likely leave the area to go farm keeps in another realm.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Mar 29, 2019 20:45

Chia wrote:Wow this thread went off on a tanget. The original poster wasn't talking about a reset or trinkets. They were asking if they should start over again...

Correct. I just removed the off-topic.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Apr 06, 2019 23:17

Genjiro wrote:
Chia wrote:Wow this thread went off on a tanget. The original poster wasn't talking about a reset or trinkets. They were asking if they should start over again...

Correct. I just removed the off-topic.

Nice. You're a great guy.
It is what it is.

Next

Return to General Topics