If You had 1 wish for Uthgard what would it be.

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
zarniwoop
Guardian

Postby zarniwoop » Mar 14, 2019 19:28

I would wish that there were people playing it.

Heartbroken.

I loved this server back in the day. Work and family took me away for a time. Now I'm back to play and I find that its essentially a graveyard. I don't want to play on the other server, but there's no one playing here and leveling alone in this game is truly awful.

If anyone is planning to roll a new character and play him from scratch let me know.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 16, 2019 15:19

Instead of adding New RA's

Leave old RA system as is except the class specific RA's.

Remove all class RA's, most are useless, few are very over powered. You can fix a lot of stuff just by removing certain things instead of adding.

Less is more sometimes.

gate
Warder

Postby gate » Mar 17, 2019 19:43

I wish the devs had listened to the quality of life and other suggestions way back when this server relaunched and had a population. This is what happens when people want something, it gets ignored, and someone else steps in to give people what they want.

Too little too late.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Mar 17, 2019 23:37

gate wrote:I wish the devs had listened to the quality of life and other suggestions way back when this server relaunched and had a population. This is what happens when people want something, it gets ignored, and someone else steps in to give people what they want.

Too little too late.

Too many people want something, they don't argument it properly and most of them never ever organized anything, have little to none real RvR experience and they react emotionally when anything they do doesn't go the way they wanted it and at the same time they blame anyone who did put the work and the time in for "abusing bugs" or what not. Current free shard community is garbage, uth1 at least had 10+ active RvR non-whining guilds and a bunch of pugs and solos, here everyone thinks they want to RvR but they basically log after one wipe and cry for QoL...god forbid they ask around or try to learn something, would be too big of a blow for their noob ego.

I do absolutely agree with you that some suggestions were very reasonable, but I seriously don't blame the staff because after 10+ years of dealing with whiners on the forum they lost the ability to filter reasonable suggestions from unreasonable ones. Most of the people who cried like whores for uth1 to be wiped so they wouldn't lose to "high RR groups" failed miserably on uth2. You're either cut out for this game or you're not, it is what it is. Sure, maybe you, me and some others would be happy with minimum QoL but for most people it's literally never enough.
It is what it is.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Mar 18, 2019 08:52

Valfar wrote:Too many people want something, they don't argument it properly and most of them never ever organized anything, have little to none real RvR experience and they react emotionally when anything they do doesn't go the way they wanted it and at the same time they blame anyone who did put the work and the time in for "abusing bugs" or what not. Current free shard community is garbage, uth1 at least had 10+ active RvR non-whining guilds and a bunch of pugs and solos, here everyone thinks they want to RvR but they basically log after one wipe and cry for QoL...god forbid they ask around or try to learn something, would be too big of a blow for their noob ego.

I do absolutely agree with you that some suggestions were very reasonable, but I seriously don't blame the staff because after 10+ years of dealing with whiners on the forum they lost the ability to filter reasonable suggestions from unreasonable ones. Most of the people who cried like whores for uth1 to be wiped so they wouldn't lose to "high RR groups" failed miserably on uth2. You're either cut out for this game or you're not, it is what it is. Sure, maybe you, me and some others would be happy with minimum QoL but for most people it's literally never enough.

Agree, there were as many suggestions as people posting on the forums.

Raise xp? Sure, but how much and how and where and even when?
That is one of more than a hundred suggestions, and people posted the above suggestion in 50 different forms.

Suggestions ranging from (in my opinion) idiotic to (in my opinion) very sane. But that's the problem, we all have different opinions on what is sane and idiotic!

The only thing that was ever clear was that they had to do something, but it has never been clear what that something was.
Albion and having fun

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Mar 18, 2019 16:35

Uthgard is steadily creeping back up...better than losing 22% population over the last fortnight :-)
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Mar 19, 2019 10:02

Grahmdal wrote:Uthgard is steadily creeping back up...better than losing 22% population over the last fortnight :-)

Growing slowly is certainly better than losing population quickly! However, most of those taking a break from the other server are doing just that, very few have moved back to Uthgard. Why? Well, most of them never played on Uth2.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Mar 20, 2019 01:06

Spivo wrote:The only thing that was ever clear was that they had to do something, but it has never been clear what that something was.

Nah I made it absolutely clear what the one right thing was they had to do.

They had to create a survey and poll active and inactive players about core-issues brought up by the community time and again, and then be willing to react on the results in a decisive manner.

Implementing such QOL and other changes along with a playable (albeit not perfect SI) and a huge release announcement with countdown would actually have won back considerable amounts of players even when the server was below 600 already.
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Mar 20, 2019 03:16

Tree wrote:
Spivo wrote:The only thing that was ever clear was that they had to do something, but it has never been clear what that something was.

Nah I made it absolutely clear what the one right thing was they had to do...

Is life with narcissistic personality disorder hard?
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Mar 20, 2019 08:44

Grahmdal wrote:
Tree wrote:

Nah I made it absolutely clear what the one right thing was they had to do...

Is life with narcissistic personality disorder hard?

Ah come on Grahmi, impressive you learned some new words getting older, though your butt is still sitting in a sandbox throwing dirt at passers-by.
If you could reasonably argue against this course of action, you wouldnt have to be so cheap :wink:
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Mar 20, 2019 15:52

Tree wrote:

Nah I made it absolutely clear what the one right thing was they had to do.

They had to create a survey and poll active and inactive players about core-issues brought up by the community time and again, and then be willing to react on the results in a decisive manner.

Implementing such QOL and other changes along with a playable (albeit not perfect SI) and a huge release announcement with countdown would actually have won back considerable amounts of players even when the server was below 600 already.

It's a disaster they didn't spot your suggestion amongst the 300+ other suggestions posts.
Albion and having fun

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Mar 21, 2019 03:01

That was basically the point though. Most agreed something needed to be done and nothing got done. While you all argued about how much should be done the server bled since it's relaunch. Many brought up the risks of doing nothing vs. upsetting a minority of die-hards and here the population lies now.... and nice attempt to discredit Tree. He's one of the few people that posted suggestions over time that were both well thought out and more or less inline with the patch setting.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 30, 2019 22:46

An organized loot system that went down the group (1 item to 1 person) instead of the random unfair loot system that is in game. It's ridiculous.

Group member 1 - 1 item
Group member 2 - 1 item
Group member 3 - 1 item
Group member 4 - 1 item
Group member 5 - 1 item
Group member 6 - 1 item
Group memeber 7 - 1 item
Group memeber 8 - 1 item
Repeat

One item for each person down the group list so its equal loot and fair instead of the 3 or 4 people getting all the loot for the entire group like it is currently.

Skurk
Myrmidon

Postby Skurk » Mar 31, 2019 17:46

Malach wrote:An organized loot system that went down the group (1 item to 1 person) instead of the random unfair loot system that is in game. It's ridiculous.

Group member 1 - 1 item
Group member 2 - 1 item
Group member 3 - 1 item
Group member 4 - 1 item
Group member 5 - 1 item
Group member 6 - 1 item
Group memeber 7 - 1 item
Group memeber 8 - 1 item
Repeat

One item for each person down the group list so its equal loot and fair instead of the 3 or 4 people getting all the loot for the entire group like it is currently.

if your not happy with how the loot system works, simply create a Battlegroup and make a treasurer, after the grp is done simply distribute the loot equally. problem fixed.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 31, 2019 21:09

Skurk wrote:
Malach wrote:An organized loot system that went down the group (1 item to 1 person) instead of the random unfair loot system that is in game. It's ridiculous.

Group member 1 - 1 item
Group member 2 - 1 item
Group member 3 - 1 item
Group member 4 - 1 item
Group member 5 - 1 item
Group member 6 - 1 item
Group memeber 7 - 1 item
Group memeber 8 - 1 item
Repeat

if your not happy with how the loot system works, simply create a Battlegroup and make a treasurer, after the grp is done simply distribute the loot equally. problem fixed.

this is how that conversation goes

' Hey group I don't want to be that guy that say's a certain few people are getting all the loot and maybe be hacking the loot system somehow to exploit it's mechanices but can we make a battlegroup so at the end of group we can divide up all the stuff equally? '

Then after the group your never invited to group again cause you accuse them of exploit / hack...

Or they could just fix the loot system and avoid these awkward moments.
Would it hurt the game in any way = no.
Would it improve the game in any way = yes.

Why would you want to keep this broken A.F. loot system? How could you even argue that?!

I don't know if it's the game's loot system itself or if there's a way to exploit it so some people get the majority of loot or both BUT it's broke.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics