Can we humor the idea of a classic Pvp Ruleset again?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
warblood
Myrmidon

Postby warblood » Jan 26, 2019 21:50

The population has died considerably, and at this rate another ruleset wouldnt kill uthgards primary player base. If anything a new ruleset may bring people back to uthgard after the gimmick of the server is over for some.

cairbeth
Warder

Postby cairbeth » Jan 26, 2019 22:23

what kind of ruleset are you thinking about ? iam not familie whit classic pvp ruleset

warblood
Myrmidon

Postby warblood » Jan 26, 2019 23:34

Open pvp anywhere in the world but the 3 capital cities, guild and group are only people you cant hit

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jan 27, 2019 09:14

warblood wrote:Open pvp anywhere in the world but the 3 capital cities, guild and group are only people you cant hit

So you want the server to die even faster?
Albion Forever!

Karqath
Myrmidon

Postby Karqath » Jan 27, 2019 12:44

silenced wrote:
warblood wrote:Open pvp anywhere in the world but the 3 capital cities, guild and group are only people you cant hit

So you want the server to die even faster?

Its already dead, 54 peeps online on Sunday lel.

Peraine
Myrmidon

Postby Peraine » Jan 27, 2019 13:15

If a game isn't designed with a PvP Ruleset from the very beginning, it will simply not work. PvP-Servers in Daoc died in weeks for a reason.

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Jan 27, 2019 17:13

When the concept of a DAoC PvP server was fresh less than 10% of DAoC players went there. DAoC is a game that's designed for Realm vs Realm, not Guild vs Guild. Some people did try it out but most quickly gave up on that mode. It wasn't popular then and it won't be popular here.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Jan 27, 2019 18:02

Great idea! This is awesome!

... Not.
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jan 27, 2019 18:55

Peraine wrote:If a game isn't designed with a PvP Ruleset from the very beginning, it will simply not work. PvP-Servers in Daoc died in weeks for a reason.

Aye, there is a lot of truth to this. Don't get me wrong, I don't buy the whole "design" idea. Many things are designed for something but they evolve over time and the effects are often something nobody expected, in case of daoc very positive. Of course that since it's an old game and it came out as one of the first big games in the genre, people back then had a lot more energy to play it because everything was relatively new and fascinating. Also, population was what, 2-3 k people on each server 24/7 which made the role playing and keep taking aspect very nice and cool. But games do evolve over time and ultimately people develop their own playing styles, which is totally fine and frontiers are big enough for everyone.

But yeah, the PvP ruleset is absolutely the worst thing and in my experience the PvP servers people are usually very impatient and they always want instant action with little or no work put in. Also, many of them whom I knew on uth1 either used various speed hacks or tried to buy plats with RL money and so on, sometimes both :D.
It is what it is.

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Jan 27, 2019 20:05

People already cry enough just from being grey ganked in DF and the frontier. Imagine that x100 on a PvP server. Why don't we just make it a PvE server and end the war for good.. we could all get to high RR together in peace.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 27, 2019 20:21

Camlann PvP server was the best daoc server I ever played on, over half of my live play time was on a PvP server. There was a dedicated number of players on those servers and a lot of newbie farm cattle.

There was a PvP freeshard not long ago, it did not work out and I doubt it will again. As Gil said, it is very few that can handle the frustration of playing such a server full-time. Many just used it as a break from regular ruleset.

I still hope to see a good classic PvP freeshard one day though :)
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Peraine
Myrmidon

Postby Peraine » Jan 28, 2019 00:26

There are more open PvP Games out right now then ever before, so i'm not sure why try to make daoc into one. I really like PvP , and PvP with loot even more, but all this games have issues with the rulesets, and it will attract the worst of the gaming community.

If you want to play some, try the Darkfall Freeshards or Mortal Online. I'm playing Gloria Victis atm, it's still Alpha, but a lot of Fun, not too hardcore and you even have 3 Fractions and Keep Sieges.

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Jan 28, 2019 00:39

I'm sure this point of view is already being discussed in the player council.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jan 28, 2019 00:49

Moondragon1 wrote:I'm sure this point of view is already being discussed in the player council.

No it's not.
Sorry, but there are no current plans for a PvP version of Uthgard.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Return to General Topics