Shrouded Isles

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jan 18, 2019 00:34

Lol what a wall of text. Keep posting forum warrior number one.

warl
Warder

Postby warl » Jan 19, 2019 10:28

honestly, SI will change nothing. xD

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Jan 20, 2019 14:10

warl wrote:honestly, SI will change nothing. xD

No, not at this point it wont.

But what will?
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Alcan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Alcan » Jan 20, 2019 20:30

A working SI imo would change loads!

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Jan 20, 2019 23:32

Alcan wrote:A working SI imo would change loads!

Can you give me an example for the "loads" it would change?

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jan 20, 2019 23:59

Der_Eisbaer wrote:

Nothing, other than providing the server with a short-term burst. Pretty much the same people RvR and same people start and quit, it's been like that with all these reboots and uth1 wipe broke the population in a way that we lost active RvR players. Rest is history, it is what it is...a waiting game, ebb and flow. Same people who had genesis, uth2 and failed there now think because they got to lvl 40 fast that their endgame experience on the new server will be different. Eventually most will quit. Honestly, I think the best idea is to just reboot uth1 :D.
It is what it is.

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Jan 21, 2019 11:02

Valfar wrote:
Der_Eisbaer wrote:

Nothing, other than providing the server with a short-term burst. Pretty much the same people RvR and same people start and quit, it's been like that with all these reboots and uth1 wipe broke the population in a way that we lost active RvR players. Rest is history, it is what it is...a waiting game, ebb and flow. Same people who had genesis, uth2 and failed there now think because they got to lvl 40 fast that their endgame experience on the new server will be different. Eventually most will quit. Honestly, I think the best idea is to just reboot uth1 :D.

Take yer head outta yer butt for just a second please? If the Uth staff was allowed to reboot Uth1 they would have never shut down Uth1. Uth1 was doing things that attracted EA lawyers, so they went to a very non custom version, Uth2.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jan 21, 2019 14:02

Gil wrote:If the Uth staff was allowed to reboot Uth1 they would have never shut down Uth1.
Uth1 was doing things that attracted EA lawyers, so they went to a very non custom version, Uth2.

Please do not spread false information.
This is not true.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jan 21, 2019 17:30

Gil wrote:Take yer head outta yer butt for just a second please? If the Uth staff was allowed to reboot Uth1 they would have never shut down Uth1. Uth1 was doing things that attracted EA lawyers, so they went to a very non custom version, Uth2.

Omg, where the heck do you pull that from...

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jan 21, 2019 18:03

Gil wrote:Take yer head outta yer butt for just a second please? If the Uth staff was allowed to reboot Uth1 they would have never shut down Uth1. Uth1 was doing things that attracted EA lawyers, so they went to a very non custom version, Uth2.

This EA lawyers theory must be one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum, and trust me the competition is off the charts. If I ever need an opinion from a keep taking bot, I'll ask for it.

As far as I know, the only server that ever had problems with EA lawyers was Genesis, because their initial name was Origins, which is a Mythic/EA trademark and was meant to be their original project to relaunch classic DAOC for people who wanted it or if the interest was big enough, if I remember right. So these nimrods on that server changed their name to Genesis due to potential legal complications, I'm pretty sure Uthgard never faced similar problems for any reason.
It is what it is.

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Jan 22, 2019 13:52

Postby Genjiro » Jan 21, 2019 20:54
I am currently talking to Blue about the how, what and when.
We will post news as soon as we have enough information to share.

Its in the any News Topic, but iam glad to read this.

Danke dir Genjiro !!!

but anyhow... i dont understand why things like that only happen after a fukcing big load of mimimi ?!?!?!

i hope Si will find its way to DAoC, and iam pretty sure.. if this would happen way ealryer ALOT of solo Players wont have quit playing.. :(

sadly its not happening earlyer..

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jan 22, 2019 15:15

Every time Gil posts the world gets dumber

indio68
Warder

Postby indio68 » Jan 22, 2019 17:21

I registered on the other server and man...exping is fast for sure, but discovering there is 0 quest was a Big delusion for me, cuz i love doing PvE and Quest...and now i know the devs of that free shard saved them a big load of work doing this ******...i think that adding the 2 new class Vampiir-banshee-etc ,catacombs and darkness risisng and SI offcourse will be a big improvment with horses and a way to not waste so much time trravelling.i know this will never happen, but UThgard devs have done a lot of work implementing quest,faction and all the other things and not only create an Arena like server as the other shard seems to be.
..excuse my bad english

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Jan 22, 2019 17:56

Genjiro wrote:
Gil wrote:If the Uth staff was allowed to reboot Uth1 they would have never shut down Uth1.
Uth1 was doing things that attracted EA lawyers, so they went to a very non custom version, Uth2.

Please do not spread false information.
This is not true.

Oops, sorry if I got it wrong. I had been told that was the reason to back out all the fun custom changes, like Tajendi and barrels etc.
If it WASN'T pressure from EA, why destroy such a great game as Uth1 was?
Last edited by Gil on Jan 22, 2019 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » Jan 22, 2019 18:31

Where did you get this information Gil? I blame discord. That place is a meta-gaming monstrosity. They who control the discord would ultimately be responsible. Every realm has a few of these each it seems.

I still think SI will bring some people to Uthgard. Hopefully those not privvy to this rumor mill and capable of independent thought.

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics