Mid Imbalance = Low Uthgard Pop

Talk about your RvR experience here
Spacebrah
Warder

Postby Spacebrah » Dec 04, 2018 22:07

Spacebrah wrote:The realm imbalance is the reason for low server population. It's just the way it is. You can claim I'm just crying, you can pretend that the imbalance doesn't exist, you can claim the low server pop is because of "reason x"... but at the end of the day, the imbalance is driving people away form Uthgard and contributing to the further decline of DAoC.

Refuse to believe this fact because you play Midgard and don't care? Look at population. The imbalance is killing this server.

The point of this post is not to say the server admins are doing a poor job in running the server. I do not feel that way in the least. But the server does need some balancing. And if we as a community - both admins and players - fail to see the writing on the wall, then we can expect nothing less than for seasoned DAoC players to start logging in less frequently, and eventually never at all.

When pop takes a hit in a month, don't wonder why. You already know why.

m0e
Myrmidon

Postby m0e » Dec 05, 2018 18:20

Spacebrah wrote:When pop takes a hit in a month, don't wonder why. You already know why.

OFC! D2-Ladder reset incoming on friday, ppl will be busy playing their Hammerdin in HC mode, but they will be back as soon as bots have taken over! :twisted: :hammer:

Edit:
Is this your fresh account on d2jsp? :D

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Jan 03, 2019 08:29

Yesterday we had some good 8v8 action, was 2 fg hibs out and 1 mid grp on/off and us.
Action created, made small man come out too.

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Jan 03, 2019 16:53

Stasis wrote:Yesterday we had some good 8v8 action, was 2 fg hibs out and 1 mid grp on/off and us.

And leeching Rangers... :)

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Jan 04, 2019 09:42

Torgo wrote:
Stasis wrote:Yesterday we had some good 8v8 action, was 2 fg hibs out and 1 mid grp on/off and us.

And leeching Rangers... :)

Are you Manos the ranger adding on our support?

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Jan 04, 2019 11:34

Damn Stasis - you must be a little in conflict in asking that considering how you got to RR5 on your Inf. ;p
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Jan 04, 2019 11:44

kinthos wrote:Damn Stasis - you must be a little in conflict in asking that considering how you got to RR5 on your Inf. ;p

I ask so i can link 1 to 1 forum and ingame.
Ppl play like they want, so do i.

Jaond
Warder

Postby Jaond » Jan 06, 2019 10:12

kinthos wrote:Damn Stasis - you must be a little in conflict in asking that considering how you got to RR5 on your Inf. ;p

:lol: spot on

Nice adding yesterday Stasiz, im sure you just wanted to help Sagittas who was going down, just like these mids adding on the fg fight just wanted to help their friends.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Jan 07, 2019 15:19

Jaond wrote:

Nice adding yesterday Stasiz, im sure you just wanted to help Sagittas who was going down, just like these mids adding on the fg fight just wanted to help their friends.

Im so sorry Jaond, i should let you kill Sagittas so you got your 1v1 while i wait at SF until my grp mate runs back...

Jaond
Warder

Postby Jaond » Jan 07, 2019 16:30

Stasis wrote:
Jaond wrote:

Im so sorry Jaond, i should let you kill Sagittas so you got your 1v1 while i wait at SF until my grp mate runs back...

Apology accepted :-P

Dont get me wrong Stasi, I totaly understand you duo/trio alot and im fine with it, ofc you want to help your groupmates. As you said "Ppl play like they want".

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Jan 07, 2019 17:00

Everyone has their own approach on how they want to RvR.

Given there is such a low RvR population the piranha effect does kick in...when you run around for hours looking for action many will take any they can get it on when it is available.

For me it is like this...
1. I am specced for keep defense. That is what I primarily like to do. I am at disadvantage in other scenarios. Of course it gets kinda boring just sitting in a keep hoping for an attack that is not so large as a solo ranger defending is inconsequential so next option...
2. Defend the frontier - roam around stealthed looking to kill/help kill invaders, whether it be joining in on existing fights or helping other soloers. Caveat - if the the fight is mid vs alb I am an equal opportunity killer, if it is between Hib and mid/alb I will help as well unless asked not to by a realm mate.
3. Helping in keep takes. If there is a group or BG taking back our keeps or taking keeps, I will help as long as it is not too far away.
4. Killing levelers. When I was just starting out at 50 I was "red = dead" and killed alot of grays. In my defense I did get RPS for them so blame the game not the player. Now, I will still hunt levelers on occasion but only if they con yellow to me. (well if it is a FG group of low 30 grays I may attack just for the fun of it..hell they prob should be able to kill me). Quite frankly it is out of boredom if there is nothing going on with # 1,2, or 3

See you in the field (hopefully you won't see me although there are those that seem to be able whether I am stealthed with Camo up or not)

Shafi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Shafi » Jan 11, 2019 00:07

Hasbulat wrote:I ll say no Uthgard "möchte-gern-SG" in any kind to be comparable with an ordinary group on life server.

Hier is a population too low.

You are totally richtig. Who would want to kämpf against you guys, when everyone knows you will gewinn anyways.

P.S.: /wave Killkeen /hug

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jan 11, 2019 00:21

<3 shafi :oops:

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Jan 17, 2019 22:10

must be ripbros paradise tonight, all keeps and 6 relics to take. Are you still here bro?

Spacebrah
Warder

Postby Spacebrah » Jan 19, 2019 03:11

holsten-knight wrote:must be ripbros paradise tonight, all keeps and 6 relics to take. Are you still here bro?

no one plays Uthgard anymore. just let it die. 59 people on. lol.

PreviousNext

Return to Realm versus Realm