Just to be sure before i rebuild my template

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 14, 2018 17:54

+ Rev to comp 50 will only help my tiny base heal(only base heal i use) it dosent effect instas and spec?
+ ench i also only need comp 50 here to cap base buff?
+ smite while i redo my template i might as well get this as high i can. Will it help on to hit or only variance or both? I use my stun a lot.

I plan to do a staff build, while i also looked into staffs with dd charges.
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=11411 Will this be ok for staffing down pets or i need to sc a player crafted with better dps or different swingspeed.

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » Oct 15, 2018 01:53

Stasis wrote:+ Rev to comp 50 will only help my tiny base heal(only base heal i use) it dosent effect instas and spec?
+ ench i also only need comp 50 here to cap base buff?
+ smite while i redo my template i might as well get this as high i can. Will it help on to hit or only variance or both? I use my stun a lot.

I plan to do a staff build, while i also looked into staffs with dd charges.
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=11411 Will this be ok for staffing down pets or i need to sc a player crafted with better dps or different swingspeed.

yes.
yes.
+smite helps with dmg variance - nothing else.
cant comment on staff.

threer
Myrmidon

Postby threer » Oct 17, 2018 10:32

Stasis wrote:I plan to do a staff build

But why? Is there any other advantage of using a Staff than saving the conc for not having to self-buff base-strength (which can be compensated partly with a buff pot)?
Disadvantages are the missing block rate, higher to-hit variance due to slower weapon speed, a much worse template with staffs like the one you are considering and being required to switch weapons when going into melee.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 17, 2018 12:00

threer wrote:

But why? Is there any other advantage of using a Staff than saving the conc for not having to self-buff base-strength (which can be compensated partly with a buff pot)?
Disadvantages are the missing block rate, higher to-hit variance due to slower weapon speed, a much worse template with staffs like the one you are considering and being required to switch weapons when going into melee.

If i dont bother with +11 smite, then there should be np running with a build that lose nothing when swapping to staff, might be possible even with the +11 smite if i had better rog rings and belt.

If i oneshot stuff with staff and need to two, three hit stuff with my mace and shield its a huge diffrence.

weapon speed with staff is 5.5 , vs max 4.0? (not sure).
I will run charge d/q and base dex so dps should be way better than whats possible with teh mace.
i will ofc run mace/shield until i need to kill a pet/agro mob or what ever for the block.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 17, 2018 12:00

Its min/maxing for a situasion that rarly happends i hope :)

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Oct 17, 2018 14:00

threer wrote:

But why?

Some staffs got 331 DD charges. Enough to wipe away a pet, mostly these pesky annoying grey/green druid pets. And I think it's still the case that you cannot swtich to a staff and use the charge and switch back to the normal setup due to timer restrictions.

But you could still start running with a staff and if needed use the charge and then switch, but that's ... too much theorycrafting, and an annoying pet is recast quite quick.
Albion Forever!

threer
Myrmidon

Postby threer » Oct 17, 2018 14:18

silenced wrote:Some staffs got 331 DD charges.

Aren't you able to use the staff charge in the 2-hand slot while having your main-hand Hammer and Shield equipped?
Last edited by threer on Oct 17, 2018 14:23, edited 2 times in total.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 17, 2018 14:21

silenced wrote:
threer wrote:

But why?

Some staffs got 331 DD charges. Enough to wipe away a pet, mostly these pesky annoying grey/green druid pets. And I think it's still the case that you cannot swtich to a staff and use the charge and switch back to the normal setup due to timer restrictions.

But you could still start running with a staff and if needed use the charge and then switch, but that's ... too much theorycrafting, and an annoying pet is recast quite quick.

Good points, i might do the template unneccesery expensive just to make it with a staff where i can fire its charge from having it on my back anyway.

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 17, 2018 14:22

threer wrote:

Aren't you able to use the staff charge in the 2-hand slot while having your main-hand Hammer and Shield equipped?

Yes you can

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Oct 17, 2018 19:12

You can? Did not know that. But check that cleric can use these staves first. I think there was a restriction, since almost all classes can use a staff.
Albion Forever!

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Oct 18, 2018 07:46

threer wrote:

Im not sure how much hits a green druid pet got but my staff charge couldnt kill it.

threer
Myrmidon

Postby threer » Oct 18, 2018 11:13

I remember my first attempt to nuke down a green druid pet with my suppression runemaster, took me 5 nukes! I never tried it again...

Return to Cleric