How is Dex important for a skald?

Wildborn
Guardian

Postby Wildborn » May 23, 2018 13:49

Hi folks,

Honest question here. How does dex contribute to a skald? From what i understand (though I'm likely wrong), dex plays a fairly minor role in adding to parry rate.

I'm a big lumbering troll and I was thinking I might be better off maxing quickness and all the other important stats and resists at the expense of dex.

Am I wrong here? What point am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Pouli
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pouli » May 23, 2018 14:12

Dex is needed for parry, block and evade, so only for defense.
Poulivore : Weak Singer
Maelig : Endangered species

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » May 23, 2018 23:50

Not entirely convinced it is that important tbh, are we sure dex influences evade at all? I thought it was only quickness.

I have had plenty of skalds and tbh dex and how much you parry generally does not matter - if you are purely solo and have specced a decent amount of parry with MoParry etc then yes max it...otherwise you could prolly skip it and be hardly any worse off tbh.

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » May 24, 2018 09:03

morry1000 wrote:Not entirely convinced it is that important tbh, are we sure dex influences evade at all? I thought it was only quickness.

I have had plenty of skalds and tbh dex and how much you parry generally does not matter - if you are purely solo and have specced a decent amount of parry with MoParry etc then yes max it...otherwise you could prolly skip it and be hardly any worse off tbh.

I dont really get the logic here. If you have 1 parry spec or high parry + MoParry3+, the same amount of dex will give you the same amount of % to parry. It is not like higher parry spec enables higher benefits from dex..

I would cap dex on a skald, period :)

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » May 24, 2018 19:07

The OP suggested sacrificing something to ensure he could fit the rest of what he needs in his template - or that is certainly how his post reads to me.

With no SI and limited items / money / time perhaps he is having to compromise?

Dex does very little for a skald, simples. The number of times you parry in a fight is minimal, even if you run solo you are not going to parry that much in a 1 v 1 unless you get lucky.

As for the logic, if you have committed ra pts and higher than normal spec in parry and even went kobold for extra dex as a skald then you should continue to max your parry chance by maxing dex.

However with most peeps who run skalds, parry is an after thought that left over pts go into, therefore if you ABSOLUTELY had to lose something I would be binning dex rather than say strength or resists.

Hope that is clearer for you :D

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » May 24, 2018 23:48

I think skald does not need any dex. Favor strength constit and charisma.

You want to be able to land large first hits on targets.

using Tapatalk
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

eckso
Warder

Postby eckso » Jun 06, 2018 17:47

Dex is not the most important stat for a Skald, but it does help.

Every 25 pts of dex translates to 1% parry chance. Every 2 skill pts of parry provide the same benefit, so I think most Skalds prioritize +11 parry in temp rather than 75 dex, because you will get 5.5% parry with skill, and only 3% maxing the stat.

If you can though, always worth it to max both parry and dex, but it requires a template with very high utility jewelry and most likely MP armor for cap spellcraft.

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Jun 07, 2018 09:07

eckso wrote:Dex is not the most important stat for a Skald, but it does help.

Every 25 pts of dex translates to 1% parry chance. Every 2 skill pts of parry provide the same benefit, so I think most Skalds prioritize +11 parry in temp rather than 75 dex, because you will get 5.5% parry with skill, and only 3% maxing the stat.

If you can though, always worth it to max both parry and dex, but it requires a template with very high utility jewelry and most likely MP armor for cap spellcraft.

Very correct Eckso.

I like to utilize my 1h+shield when soloing as well, and as i reckon, its the same formula for block as for parry, which makes dex more important. 40 dex also adds 1% evade, so in the end it all adds up having capped dex :)

Return to Skald