Weapon Swapping in Combat

losse
Warder

Postby losse » Apr 12, 2018 20:54

I see vids and people talk about swapping weapons in combat via inventory. Is that a must to play effectivelly?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

baracked
Myrmidon

Postby baracked » Apr 13, 2018 13:43

losse wrote:I see vids and people talk about swapping weapons in combat via inventory. Is that a must to play effectivelly?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I have 3 extra mainhands 1 for debuff, disease, and dot. Other assassins have a fullpage of extra weapons that all have dot on them

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Apr 13, 2018 14:30

When you swap to a weapon with a DoT on it, you reset the damage timer. You can, in essence, use your poison swaps like a "bonus" damage add. Enter fight with stealther. You land PA+CD. You start doing your damage chain. Between each hit, you swap to a lifebane weapon. First hit does 400+78 from DoT. CD Deals 122+75 from DoT. Back chain (or w.e) does 101+78 from DoT. Then another 101+75 for DoT. These aren't actual numbers, but it's easier to explain this way. So now you have 75+75+78+78 done in 4 combat swings. That's 316 bonus damage. Instead, assume you don't weapon swap. Poisons have a 5(?) second tick timer for 4 ticks. So in the same time you land 4 DoT procs, you instead land 2 and maybe a 3nd tick of poison by your 5th weapon swing. More lifebane swaps=way higher DPS. If you're fighting another assassin or if you're fighting a tank, extra weapon swaps are a must. It should also be noted that if you're fighting a shield tank, it can sometimes be more valuable to swap every 2nd swing, just due to the nature of the fight duration.

Tulkar
Myrmidon

Postby Tulkar » May 22, 2018 10:21

Its simple math, swing speed cap is 1.5 about 2.3 you should get easy
dot tick is 4 sec

every 2.3 sec applying a new dot = profit
No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering.

Return to Shadowblade