Is there a place for suggestions?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Mar 08, 2018 12:13

Vick wrote:@devs

I really really enjoy all the i spend in Uthgard, you guys give us a very good and stable server FOR FREE.
Thanks for it !

I dont care if xp is long and boring, it reminds me the old Time and i like it :)

But can you, please, just consider the possibility to give the same amount of rps for one kill even if we are dead ? Is it possible ? Did you guys already discuss about it ?

Thanks for answering and dont be demotivate, many of us appreciate your job !

That is an excellent suggestion with many good points. It would balance the rps for small man since casters tend to die a lot. It would allow other options besides cookie cutter. I suggested it about 25 times i think.

Even something as simple as increasing the rate endurance recovers would help a ton. For example, if you walk out of combat you recover mana but if you walk out of cbt you do not recover endurance.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Mar 08, 2018 12:21

Bringing in some livelike experience from 2003 when GOA(Eu daoc servers) took suggestions on how to help the underdog (hibernia) on the german server "Avalon"... just an example

https://web.archive.org/web/20050301210 ... hp?t=78011

Google translated into engrish!

Hello everybody

The reason for this contribution is the currently difficult situation in the beautiful Hibernia. The underpopulation of the realm is certainly no secret.

I'd like to get rid of this condition immediately, taking advantage of all the possibilities that can help players in Hibernia. This will have the highest priority for the server until further notice.

We've already talked internally with volunteers, and occasionally with players from all walks of life about what we can do to improve. Below I will give some examples.

I would also like to ask for your opinion in this regard. Here, the opinion of players from Albion & Midgard is also important to me, because any changes will affect you as well.

Here is a list of suggestions and ideas that have been talked about so far. I will try to explain it in as much detail as possible:

1 - / level 30
I do not want to discuss the sense or nonsense of the command itself. I can only clarify the effects of the command to you:

Due to the already high population on the server it will come within the first 2-3 days after activation of the command on Avalon to massive login problems - the server will be "jam-packed" in the evening. During the following 7-14 days is also expected to be impaired. If you say that there should be this command for Avalon, you must realize this.

A few weeks after the command was introduced, it can be said, based on the numbers of players, that on Dartmoor, with about 250 additional active players in the respective realm, it has led to a positive development and the server now has a better player balance. On Prydwen, after the obligatory initial mass battles in the battleground, there are very few changes.

The enclosed survey will not decide if the order will be unlocked or not, it will only serve as a tool to better understand our general attitude towards unlocking.

2 - Charcopy / Chartransfer
Chartransfers are not possible on DAoC Live servers. Each character is identified by a sequential number in the database. If a character were copied to another server, he would overwrite the corresponding game character with the same number there. We would like to offer you such services, but in this point we obviously rely on Mythic to change the existing systems so that Chartransfer becomes possible. In any case, this would be a long-term issue and not a solution to the current problem.

3 - Limiting the server / empire / zone number of players.

These are also things that we can not just conjure up. There are basically useful changes, also in terms of server stability and events. However, in terms of design, they are more extensive than they seem at first glance. If I limit access to a server, I have to distinguish between new players and existing players who only want to create a twink. In addition, it must always be possible for friends / acquaintances / relatives on the server of your choice to also create a character to play with you. Say, it must also have an Invite function o.Ä. to be added. In any case, I also have to give ("sorry Cosmo") a "08/15 RightNow answer": We are publishers of the game and rely on changes made by the developer, Mythic Entertainment.

4 - Reset Relics / Additional Guards in Hibernia Keeps / Mali in RvR for the strongest empire

These things are a direct intervention in the game, which is not responsible. In addition, a reset of the relics would only have a short-term effect. They could be reconquered at any time, the problem would not be solved.

5 - increase attractiveness of the realm
Proposals in this area have been in terms of events (frequency, more support for games events / raids), as well as better support for new players. Whether it's getting new players and helping them, or helping them connect with the community / guild. We are currently exploring a way for volunteers to connect with the starter guilds of their empire in order to assist new players with help and advice.

* Leaves the quill aside and hopes for many opinions on the topic *

Ciao,
Lawrence

First thing goa did was adding a special portal-npc to ligen that let hibs teleport into df even if they had not enough keeps for access, for a short period of time

http://hoher-rat.de/forum/index.php/topic,1263.0.html

http://www.stackoverflow.de/dragon/boar ... 700a40e994

And so it happened that I first met Theobald Mac Lyr, an emissary from Lady Brigit's farm. He told me about secret escape routes that had long been forgotten, and were largely destroyed by battles. But scrupulous historians noted their existence, so that the kingdom's ways were now able to track down some of them and expose their first escape route.OOC: Hibernia gains access to the Dark of the Chasm due to events until the weekend, as well as free travel to the border areas. The escape routes will also benefit the other realms for this event. More on this shortly.

No idea if they planned other "suggestions" after that one... never played on avalon^^
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Mar 27, 2018 17:34

This is truly mindblowing.

• - Custom changes to help community are Livelike
  • - Staff feedback on players suggestions is Livelike

:hammer: :D
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Methusalem
Phoenix Knight

Postby Methusalem » May 14, 2019 19:51

Galandriel4 wrote:grumpy old man viva is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKa_pQlOZHI

Healowner wrote:Ranger: QQ
Rest of server: ROFL
bodoterror6 wrote:QQ MORE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEE PLEASEEEEEEEEE, we owned you -> fact. now stfu, press tab and keep playing your miserable no skill characters ^^ bb

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » May 14, 2019 21:35

Caemma wrote:This is truly mindblowing.

Uthgard follows US/Live. GOA was licensed by Mythic and made numerous custom changes (including adding barrels/bottles which Mythic considered revoking their license to run the game when that was added).

Warjon
Gryphon Knight

Postby Warjon » May 15, 2019 01:06

Awesome Necro!!

The answer to it was also great. Something I never knew.

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Jul 11, 2019 15:00

Abydos wrote:
Caemma wrote:This is truly mindblowing.

Uthgard follows US/Live. GOA was licensed by Mythic and made numerous custom changes (including adding barrels/bottles which Mythic considered revoking their license to run the game when that was added).

It's been more than a year ago Abydos! :D
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Jul 12, 2019 08:53

Almost 1 year... almost 1 year no daoc, except a few hours testing that other server and 1-2 runs on uth.
Crazy! Considering myself as daoc-sobber.
Time's running^^

Lets hope someone is working on some timemaschine for public use so oneday we all can correct that one big mistake...
and get back on Uth 1 asap. !!!!
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Jul 23, 2019 14:07

GreenP wrote:Almost 1 year... almost 1 year no daoc, except a few hours testing that other server and 1-2 runs on uth.
Crazy! Considering myself as daoc-sobber.
Time's running^^

Lets hope someone is working on some timemaschine for public use so oneday we all can correct that one big mistake...

One year is not enough, it's just a "phase" :lol:
Been having a little fun on the other server, but clearly not even comparable to Uth 1.0 with all his special settings (either bad or good).

Wish could be possible to resume uth 1.0 like a... phoenix! (*pun intended*)
ImageImageImage

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Jul 23, 2019 14:55

GreenP wrote:Lets hope someone is working on some timemaschine for public use so oneday we all can correct that one big mistake...

Just hypothetical, how you want to prevent the staff to make this big mistake?
I mean, there was several players and i think other staffy´s too, which spoke against the wipe and against the downpatching to 1.69 and later to 1.65 too. And it happens anyway. Maybe because it was more important to reach the goal of a fixed patchpoint instead to create a comfortable and balanced gaming experience and make Uthgard home for 3k players.
What we could do different?
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jul 23, 2019 17:14

I think a summary of this news excerpt from almost 1 year ago today should be on the front page:

DIRECTION OF UTHGARD

The idea behind Uthgard 1 shutting down and starting from scratch was to try something that had been a vision of the Uthgard Staff since 2009 - a "classic" experience. Uthgard had at one point followed live patches until things seemingly went off the rails, and we ended up somewhere around 1.80. With that in mind, working backwards towards 1.69 (the then-target), it became clear that a wipe was needed to even out the playing field after 9 years of continuous operation.

When we shut down in January 2014, we hoped to start fresh with the intention: Try and start with the full 1.65 vision, and customize later where needed. It seems quite clear we've reached the "where needed" point - and that the community by and large agrees.

With this news announcement, we want to inform you that we are changing our strict 1.65 policy to get the game more playable and enjoyable while trying to keep a classic feel to it. Also note, as some players already asked, there is no wipe planned for the server. All characters and achievements are safe. We had one wipe after 9 years and thats it.

If you add up everything that's been added since that post, I think it's obvious that the stigma of Uth2(1.65) could be now called Uth2.1(Classic w/ QoL). Still excited to see RvR missions come to fruition, and SI...even the tinderboxes, but honestly the current setting of Uthgard is what I would call Classic w/ QoL.

I think in a lot of peoples minds, Uthgard is still a very strict 1.65 setting...which it's not. Except the utter lack of a trinket recipe that takes longer than 1.5 seconds to make....thus making internet browsing/playing an emulator impossible when it's time to stock up on plat.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Previous

Return to General Topics