Is there a place for suggestions?

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Mar 06, 2018 21:28

Tree wrote:Alright, I take the bait.

Over a year has gone by, literally thousand of ideas came up from the community. Yet not a single one was implemented. Instead you had time to implement some funky custom changes nobody in the community had asked for and that are not more or less in line with 1.65 than anything else.

So yeah, to me this whole suggestion thingie seems like a deliberate waste of time.

And you actually ask what it would take? :lol:

XP Loot is being implemented.

XP rates were increased by way of the over-cap bonus.

XP rates were increased in frontiers, circumstantially.

XP was increased in DF and Summoner's Hall.

Dragons were revamped.

Battleground had their level range expanded to be MUCH wider ranging.

All on a skeleton crew staff. All while maintaining, at least in my personal experience across 3 calls, <5 minute response times on /appeals requiring help.

but yeah you're right, nothing is done.
Alainna

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Mar 06, 2018 21:32

trademark wrote:

Over a year has gone by, literally thousand of ideas came up from the community. Yet not a single one was implemented. Instead you had time to implement some funky custom changes nobody in the community had asked for and that are not more or less in line with 1.65 than anything else.

So yeah, to me this whole suggestion thingie seems like a deliberate waste of time.

Dragons were revamped.

All on a skeleton crew staff. All while maintaining, at least in my personal experience across 3 calls, <5 minute response times on /appeals requiring help.

wtb delete feature, this thread's context isn't what I recalled from a previous reading :)
Alainna

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Mar 06, 2018 21:42

Tree and Ruffletuft wrote:As far as the staff is concerned, the place for suggestions is the bin.

They'll joyfully tell you that it's being considered, but that typically takes the shape of either no reply at all, or a closing of the topic with a dismissive one-line-response.

It's quite reminiscent of Activision 'listening to the players' about the Destiny 2 marketplace. Except Uthgard doesn't cost us any money.
I've said it before.

I will happily engage in suggestions and "theory crafting", however people need to get on the same page as us (the staff) if any of the suggestions are to hold any water. And by that I mean that our vision needs to be in consideration before you suggest something.

Uthgard is over a year back running and by now there are thousands of individual ideas and posts with all kinds of quality and elaborateness, some overly creative, others fitting quite well with the classic experience.

All you did in terms of individual (read non-1.65) changes were things to increase XPer and crafter ganking in the frontier, a half-assed keep raid bonus, that rewards exclusiveness and small well organized groups (where the community asked for RvR incentives and task for casual players) and some funky group XP overcap bonus thingy (that most of your community doesnt even understand let alone benefit from, again not asked for)

I mean sure, you implemented some individual changes, but those were ideas you had internally and probably liked while discussing among yourselves, they had nothing to do with anything the community asked for and particularly didnt address any issues the community has.
From the thousands of things the community brought up, nothing ever happened.

Its just a fact and it wont hurt to just acknowledge that and go from there.

Trishin wrote:Please let me know what it would take for you to recognize that we considered a suggestion?

Hmm, show your private forum with your interna discussions maybe? :-D

I don ´t wanna troll, but to be honest staff had a vision for that server and completed the setup and vision nearly as it was offline. The things remaining are mostly Shrouded Isles and bug fixing, not much room for player input or new changes.

Trishin made very clear that there won ´t be a concept change and staff will hold on their vision. I know many ppl are hoping Uth2 will become an old Uth1, but that will never happen. Hundreds of suggestions have been made by community, do you have the feeling something changed or the opinion of players does matter at all or better said,- they bring staff to change their mind or change things in their concept?
These things that got changed compared between Uth1 and Uth2 will never come back because staff already decided to remove them by interna discussions, why they should change their mind when it ´s not fitting in their concept/vision?
Well, there might be small chances for more porters and a xp boost maybe someday, because these topics are very important for community and would not make a big change in the uthgard concept imho.

Best thing would be to stop these discussions at all, then nobody feels hurt and disappointed and staff has more time to care about bug fixing, SI and so on. I bet it would be good for Uthgard when SI is available before the origins release.

Dmge
Myrmidon

Postby Dmge » Mar 06, 2018 22:23

trademark wrote:

Dragons were revamped.

Do you mind pointing me to the thread where I can see by how much the XP is incremented? I've started a sham again but it's really a pain to lvl, perhaps I'm too old for this lolz.
Hlinn - Shaman 3L2

DEIRA - O: Killaloth - Bluntmaster 10L0 OFF

Past Shards:
Thidranki Classic: Troya - Nightshade 11L0; Troya - Healer 11L0
Ariadolis: Troya - Scout 10L8
Uthgard 1.0 - Hlin - Shammy 6L9

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Mar 06, 2018 22:28

Dmge wrote:
trademark wrote:

Dragons were revamped.

Do you mind pointing me to the thread where I can see by how much the XP is incremented? I've started a sham again but it's really a pain to lvl, perhaps I'm too old for this lolz.

Easiest way to see changes is to type /changelog and go through the changes. There's not been any global increases, but a large number of circumstantial increases (i.e., higher max xp per kill when grouped, higher xp when near a keep your guild owns, etc.)
Alainna

Ownnyn
Eagle Knight

Postby Ownnyn » Mar 06, 2018 23:45

Thats all very misleading.

1st

In order to get capped xp you need to be a lower level in the group, but no more than 5 levels lower than the highest

Or

Kill mobs in summoners hall or high reds in frontiers.

Most players will get little if any time actually breaking cap xp. I would be shocked if it averaged out to more than a 1% change in total xp earned throughout the life of a char.

2nd

Frontier xp also brings ganking. So any gains in xp is lost in numerous /release' from 50s grey ganking 24/7 on this server.

Same issues with DF, SH, POC, etc....

So how much does 30% bonus help if you lose 20% from being farmed?

3rd

Xp items are great, but have a much lower drop rate then i remember. I remember getting all 20 pelts off Ailiene bears in an hr or 2. Usually get 1 bub from bears and 2 bubs from items.

I did chyreaths and after 4+ hrs, 3 pvp deaths, i only had 10 cloaks. I was doing it on my necro for my cleric. Had i tried to do them on cleric i mighta outleveled the cloaks before having 20 drop.

Same with stones in dartmoore, took a 6 man down to farm some and only got 11 between all of us.....the one guy who could use them outleveled them....

But i guess they could be nice to sell on a merchant

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Mar 06, 2018 23:54

I think some are misunderstanding what a suggestion is. They are not something you order at a restaurant. You can suggest that they serve you fish tacos at the local burger joint, but you aren't likely going to get them.

I would like to suggest that people stop making topics about changing the server. I agree it is a waste of time. This suggestion too, is not likely to be considered or implemented.

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Mar 07, 2018 00:14

The vision of strict 1.65 with extremely limited QoL is a little too rigid. I would ask that the vision be updated to include the idea of "What could 1.65 have been without the zero action time sinks". I don't think that leaving 20 minute horse routes does anything to advance the feel of classic 1.65. I understand waiting for port timers to the realms to regulate rvr raiding but horse routes in the pve zones need to be replaced or sped up... would love to see a horse zipping through at %300 speed.

Not trolling, just offering my 2 cents..as usual.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Mar 07, 2018 00:50

Uthgard is good. Many excellent points to the server.

But. And that is the key word-- BUT.

And it always is that way unless you happen to be one of those "vision keepers".

Uthgard is great but:

1. Sometimes not enough people.
2. Limited functional play styles. This works, this works, and this is it.
3. Time sinks.
4. Slow xp.
5. Expensive to use pots.

Etc.

Great server, but.

And the problem is that darn but.

Some people call it a feature, that is not a problem, it is a feature!

BUT

It is a feature for some and a problem for others.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Mar 07, 2018 00:53

Let me respond to my own slightly hyperbolic post.

Also on the positive side.

But the devs do a great job coding.
They work hard.
It is free.
Etc.

But what we need is some and. We don't need or. We need and.

The vision where you can keep your 1.65 AND

More people can enjoy it because the paradigm allows it with their busy lives.

SlaterAC
Warder

Postby SlaterAC » Mar 07, 2018 01:12

Why even make suggestions? Go back to most threads Locked or Lengthy and you get the same response is all of them.

"We currently do not have plans to...."

You have plans to do nothing yea we all got that.

Numatic
Warder

Postby Numatic » Mar 07, 2018 01:44

I think what upsets alot of people (trying to be unbiased here) is that, finally, they get a free classic daoc server. The nostalgia sets in. I know it has for me and my brother. We love it. It's so mind numbingly boring to level, but for some reason we enjoy it immensely. However that doesnt change the brutality of it. If one thing goes wrong, we can easily die to a yellow. So we are forced to solo blue and greens. If we grp we can do orange but at the cost of a ton of downtime. Granted we are probably one of the worst lvling combos but still. I remember soloing orange/red on my SB with proper gear/buffs. And with much less downtime.

Like many have said, most of us are in our 30's now with a great deal of responsibilities. And thats what makes so many people passionate about the way they wish the server was. That, all of this is so great to have DAoC back the way we remember it, but there is one major hangup that they just want to scream for the Devs to listen. And that is the XP gain. I don't believe most people here want a 48h /played lvl 50. If they do then they might as well go back to live. I think MOST would be happy to get to 50 in 80h /played. That is 80h /played with a mixture of solo and grouping. When I first started DAoC, i played the game. And I mean played it. Did most of the quests, explored etc.. I wasnt concerned about getting to 50 as fast as I could. But I did want to get there and it was my main focus. I think I put in about 300h /played by the time I hit lvl 50. It took me about 3 months or so. Thats roughly 3 hrs a day, every single day.

And at the time, servers were massively populated. Groups were a dime a dozen. You could get a group as a stealther just as easily as any other class. Because there were so many people who needed a group they pratically took anyone they could just to fill out (so long as they had a healer, tank, and DPS). It was easier to obtain enough money to at least buy proper con gear at merchants.

Even on live this way of leveling didnt last long. They added camp bonuses/group bonus, added tons more loot drops for gearing/farming (is it just me or are loot drops nearly non existant at super low levels? I mean like pre 20) because even then with the huge server pops it was pretty bad.

At the pace it is now, it will probably take me 6 months to hit 50 on this server. Which wouldnt be as bad, if it wasnt a private server.

This right here is a huge issue for me. In that, if i put in all this time getting to 50, going through the muck and horrible level grind, I could hit 50 and the next day the server comes down and never comes back. This isnt a company. The devs could say "You know what, I have better ****** to do then to deal with this" and delete it all. That would never happen to a company owned game. Not abruptly. You would see it coming. But here, you cant. The server pop is always low comparatively. And yes the devs could inform us ahead of time of this decision, but it wouldnt change the time wasted. Now if I could get to 50 in about half that time or less, the sting wouldnt be that bad. It would feel like I had my time to experience 50, maybe even with a few toons.

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » Mar 07, 2018 02:22

These forum posts are great, and seemingly endless, much like recycling surf wax.

They give people something to do when you are not playing, they give some folks a sense of community and achievement, but, they stink. Stink like surf wax recycled 10,000 times. Darn it, these posts just stink.

That is the problem

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Mar 07, 2018 03:14

Numatic's post was well thought out and reasonable.

What is the devs answer to that?

I can tell you that you CAN get to 50 in a week or so if you get powerleveled.

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Mar 07, 2018 03:26

That's why i've stopped posting. The whole thing is laughable. Yea they "consider" things real hard and then just happen to say no and not implement anything 99% of the time.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics