Fatigue Reduction Chant?

Windwalker
Guardian

Postby Windwalker » May 17, 2017 00:39

I reached lvl 12 on my Champ expecting I'd get the Endurance reduction chant too.
Something that would help me keep soloing -if not find a usage in groups.
But I realized that it isn't in game.

Are there any plans to add it to this (already gimp) class?

It's no wonder that almost nobody plays Champion...

Andreas
Warder

Postby Andreas » May 17, 2017 11:48

Warden get the reduction not the champ so its like it should be and there is no plan to change thise.
The reason why there are less champions are because they dont get det and so bms are better for rvr.

Windwalker
Guardian

Postby Windwalker » May 18, 2017 01:56

I can't link but u can check the official class library.

Champion was tweaked several times because it was weakly balanced. It got large shield also in later patch.
The BM comparison is accurate but unfair also

Windwalker
Guardian

Postby Windwalker » Jun 13, 2017 10:08

BTW, is there any other class that casting a spell costs power AND endurance?

Effaermon
Myrmidon

Postby Effaermon » Jun 14, 2017 22:34

Windwalker wrote:BTW, is there any other class that casting a spell costs power AND endurance?

no idea, but yes champ will go ooe with the quickness
Relvinian4President2k17

Grignr
Myrmidon

Postby Grignr » Jun 15, 2017 15:02

Windwalker wrote:BTW, is there any other class that casting a spell costs power AND endurance?

All of them.

Telcontar
Warder

Postby Telcontar » Aug 28, 2017 14:46

Andreas wrote: bms are better for rvr.

As a dyed in the wool champion, I disagree with this statement :)
Realm points for door repairs, that's all I want!

Ilduce
Warder

Postby Ilduce » Sep 20, 2017 01:01

I just came back after a long break and decided to roll Hibernia this time around. I guess i should have researched uthgard specific changes to the classes because I went the champion route thinkkng it would be a fun change from playing bezerker and a spiritmaster. I've noticed very quickly the drain on endurance already and regretting my choice. I was going to stick it out since I thought I'd get the chant at 12 but at this point I thinkm I'll just delete the char and roll midgard and make a skald instead. Might play another day or two on the champ to see if I change my mind but probably won't at this point.

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Sep 21, 2017 08:25

Endo without a bard is a nightmare no matter your class. One less style per solo fight isnt going to make a huge difference.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
Alainna

Ilduce
Warder

Postby Ilduce » Sep 21, 2017 16:23

Yeah so I am pushing on. Talked to a few higher level champions who were quite helpful and asked their opinions. All indicated it wasn't too bad until you got to RvR and then you just carry pots with you. Guess I'll be doing some potion making in the future.

Ilduce
Warder

Postby Ilduce » Sep 21, 2017 16:27

trademark wrote:Endo without a bard is a nightmare no matter your class. One less style per solo fight isnt going to make a huge difference.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

The main issue though is that our endo depletes from using our debuffs and DD's. So we might get a shield slam or two in or if you use LW a couple big hits in but then you're out of Endo and the MOB is barely at half health.

Fortunately you can keep using the DD's and debuffs even when endo is zero. (Which imo is kind of a logical issue, if you say "you use Endo while casting spells because it takes a physical toll on your body to cast a spell" then it should stand that you shouldn't be able to cast anymore once Endo is zero. But you can.)

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Sep 21, 2017 17:46

Don't spam all debuffs, use only the ones you need. Every class uses endo when casting even paladin.

The only thing I would give to 1.65 champions are Large Shields
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Ilduce
Warder

Postby Ilduce » Sep 22, 2017 02:18

I actually don't even want the large shield. I shouldn't ever have the need to block 3 mobs. If I do, we did something wrong. I use small shield almost exclusively so far, I might go for a medium shield higher up to help with blocking multiples but til then I don't see much of a need.

I'm also doing a much better job managing endo. My typical fight vs a yellow leaves me at about 2/3 health endo and power. Usually pull with dd, str/con debuff and wait for a block to do a stun. Follow up with another DD and the yellow usually dies before the timer rises for a third DD. On orange con mobs I usually throw in the other debuffs to start the fight just to give me a bit of a head start on the mob. But then I save power for DD as I usually need 4 DD to clear an orange (That's assuming that one gets resisted which seems to be happening more often than I think it should, could be the mobs i've been facing though).

Return to Champion