What ´s the best tri specc?

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Apr 21, 2017 12:27

Hey,

I would like to know if 38pac 19aug and 33mend meant as best common tri specc?
What ´s your guys experience If you want to replace an aug with this specc,- do ppl complain Aug/cele is too low?

I ´m still unsure about my specc as I don ´t want to have the main Pac part in groups, but this specc has in my opinion the best utility as pac-line is imo stronger then a better celerity and having nice CC options for bad cases is always nice.

First thought was raise pac and aug on similar terms for better cele, first resis, but losing some CC options,- hard decission.

My focus is more PVE and small man rvr, though.

MatthewxDAoC
Guardian

Postby MatthewxDAoC » May 03, 2017 18:57

The true Tri-Spec in my opinion is:

34 PAC - Yellow AOE Mezz, Blue POM, Blue Snare, Insta Stun/Mezz
28 AUG - Green Haste, Blue Celerity, 3 8% Resists
31 Mend - Normal Mend Stuff
Proud Owner of Matthewx and Mattx Branded Characters.

Sorli
Guardian

Postby Sorli » Aug 08, 2017 03:31

Jerrian wrote:Hey,
do ppl complain Aug/cele is too low?
First thought was raise pac and aug on similar terms for better cele, first resis, but losing some CC options,- hard decission.

From my experience you will not catch flak for having only green Celerity IF you cover the rest of your duties in Pacify and Mend. With 44 Aug there is certainly praise for my red Celerity but far more cravings for high POM and beast CC.

In RvR situations it really takes some luck and a lot of thinking ahead to make Celerity any use. More often than not your melees are too far away already smashing Lurikeens into a paste. By the time you stop and finish casting that Celerity is likely wasted and we end up CC'ing/anti-CC'ing and Healing regardless of spec. Correct me if I'm wrong fellow Healers.

When it comes to resists I would aim for what MatthewxDAoC posted above me. Personally, I love my 16% resists and would never give them up. But, if you are planning small man RvR even those first few 8% resists can be crucial, and your group will at least FEEL safer. =)

Will be curious to find out what spec you settled on and how it suits you Jerri. Hopefully some of this rambling will help a fellow Healer or two.
Sorli
Dwarf Healer

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Aug 14, 2017 08:03

Sorli wrote:
Jerrian wrote:Hey,
do ppl complain Aug/cele is too low?

From my experience you will not catch flak for having only green Celerity IF you cover the rest of your duties in Pacify and Mend. With 44 Aug there is certainly praise for my red Celerity but far more cravings for high POM and beast CC.

In RvR situations it really takes some luck and a lot of thinking ahead to make Celerity any use. More often than not your melees are too far away already smashing Lurikeens into a paste. By the time you stop and finish casting that Celerity is likely wasted and we end up CC'ing/anti-CC'ing and Healing regardless of spec. Correct me if I'm wrong fellow Healers.

When it comes to resists I would aim for what MatthewxDAoC posted above me. Personally, I love my 16% resists and would never give them up. But, if you are planning small man RvR even those first few 8% resists can be crucial, and your group will at least FEEL safer. =)

Will be curious to find out what spec you settled on and how it suits you Jerri. Hopefully some of this rambling will help a fellow Healer or two.

I think it all depends on how you want to play your healer. If its in a 2 healer setup, then you need a pac and aug healer. 38p, 31m, 19a is concidered as a pac. The aug healer should NOT have a lower Body resist than 16% as this is crucial against albs..

If you run a 3 healer setup then a pac, aug and tri-spec would work fine.

If you do alot of smallman, i would go for the 38p, 31m, 19a.

According to the celerity, then its really all about the playstyle of yourself on the aug healer and the playstyle of the dps in the grp. I try to utilize my celerity alot, as cele often is a game changer.

Personally im 36a 40m 4p, as i really love the 100% rezz and yellow spread. The most important job for an aug healer is to keep the group alive, and this is just alot easier with the yellow spread heal, when someone gets assisted :)

Severian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Severian » Sep 06, 2017 23:40

Synderen wrote:I think it all depends on how you want to play your healer. If its in a 2 healer setup, then you need a pac and aug healer. 38p, 31m, 19a is concidered as a pac.

Don't you mean 38p, 33m and 19 aug? Cause that's what my healer is.
Severian, RR5 Skald
Sacrament, RR4 Healer
Darkcircle, RR4 RM

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Sep 07, 2017 07:14

Severian wrote:
Synderen wrote:I think it all depends on how you want to play your healer. If its in a 2 healer setup, then you need a pac and aug healer. 38p, 31m, 19a is concidered as a pac.

Don't you mean 38p, 33m and 19 aug? Cause that's what my healer is.

yeah yeah. 33 mend ofc :)

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Sep 07, 2017 14:45

I like the 38 pac/33 mend/19 aug spec.

If you want a tri-spec that is more aug dominant try 29 pac, 31 mend, 33 aug. You get yellow body resist, you miss the 33 mend major heal but still get spread + the 31 greater heal. Also with 29 pac you have a couple single target instas to help bail yourself out.

Return to Healer