Specs

Muradin
Warder

Postby Muradin » Feb 23, 2017 21:38

dabri0n wrote:The reason for the 27 cave is instant PBAE disease. You do not want to skip that!

does it interrupt by chance?

ssdff
Warder

Postby ssdff » Feb 24, 2017 21:04

Muradin wrote:
dabri0n wrote:The reason for the 27 cave is instant PBAE disease. You do not want to skip that!

does it interrupt by chance?

yes

ssdff
Warder

Postby ssdff » Feb 24, 2017 21:09

Azoazial wrote:I see that we could not agree less...

Cave has MUCH more to offer... Higher disease which is the main reason to spec cave, higher AE root, which could actully effect the DET TANKS, not for long, but it could peel a train.. The low AE root is BS, u cant peel a train, and using it to interrupt?!?!?! What if that target is close to a mezzed one, u break that, and with the low lvl AE root, u give the IMMUNITY so they cant be snared or root for a good while...

And to be fair, I would NEVER EVER waste a red S/C on a Skald, skalds are not DPS, they are supports which has to interrupt.. I get the point about the red resists, but I would at any point go for the higher disease and AE root, which actully could be usefull..

Disagree completely...

Higher disease? Maybe I misunderstand but.. Disease is baseline... So is AOE disease... +cave has no impact on anything but dot damage variance...

AE root the tank train and give them all snare immunity... Please just no... 8O

The low AE root is used to interrupt yes... it consumes less power than the red single target root. So once you root a support, you use the grey AE root to rupt and not burn your power?

Stop trolling shamans stay to alb :roll:

Shazzbotz
Guardian

Postby Shazzbotz » Mar 04, 2017 01:31

41cave 32aug

Can solo any class save a necromancer with a decent RR. Yellow end + LW = perma sprint.

The only spec I'll ever go =D

Heret
Warder

Postby Heret » Mar 04, 2017 01:53

Shazzbotz wrote:41cave 32aug

Can solo any class save a necromancer with a decent RR. Yellow end + LW = perma sprint.

What would be your tactic against, say, a Sorcerer of equal RR?

Runental
Phoenix Knight

Postby Runental » Mar 05, 2017 20:04

Heret wrote:
Shazzbotz wrote:41cave 32aug

What would be your tactic against, say, a Sorcerer of equal RR?

Bolt---> go in Range, DoT= dead.
If Sorc mezz you at the beginning or quickcast mezz during the fight, ---> purge---> DD charge---> root---> disease--> DoT= dead.
If needed, Ichor---> root---> disease--> DoT= dead.

Works for any casters,- just Theurg needs good practice due the range.

The only class which is mostly impossible is a minstrel, but if you find a bad one, he may be doable as well as any other class.

And yes: 41/32 is the way to go!!! :)
ONE a Shaman solo Video
TWO a Shaman solo Video

Ruckuz1983
Myrmidon

Postby Ruckuz1983 » Mar 14, 2017 02:15

I thought 39/37a was the best spec..the insta dz to kite with. The ae root to help with zerg fights? still has yellow buffs?
Infection 50 Shaman
Alliant 50 Runemaster

Belga
Warder

Postby Belga » Mar 14, 2017 15:54

37 aug you give up the last end that is at 41. for many is fondamental, I'm not sure whether get it or be more cave (more 8vs8 oriented vs more fun in solo)
39 cave, I think one can stay with 38 and rest in mend.
URKRAFT !

Ascerian
Warder

Postby Ascerian » Mar 15, 2017 18:21

Belga wrote:37 aug you give up the last end that is at 41. for many is fondamental, I'm not sure whether get it or be more cave (more 8vs8 oriented vs more fun in solo)
39 cave, I think one can stay with 38 and rest in mend.

Last end is 42 in case that wasn't a typo.

Muradin
Warder

Postby Muradin » Mar 21, 2017 11:19

Going 18, 42, 27 myself. Figured some alright heals in a pinch would be better then purple spec buffs that I wont be able to use on a fg.

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Mar 22, 2017 05:52

Healers heal. Not shamans.

fleshcutter
Warder

Postby fleshcutter » Apr 12, 2017 10:17

Muradin wrote:Going 18, 42, 27 myself. Figured some alright heals in a pinch would be better then purple spec buffs that I wont be able to use on a fg.

You will use them. There is a max 20 buff cap. You will reach this because everyone needs end regen in pvp.
You will also get better resist buffs and damage add. Shaman mend line is basically garbage.
Fleshcutter the Berserker.
Zergilicious the Shaman.
Odyn the Healer.

Severian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Severian » Apr 17, 2017 21:26

It seems to me for the best all around play that provides the most fun for the actual Shaman player, a spec of 38 aug/37 cave/9 mend would be the way to go. Very viable as a buff player with 38 aug (especially with +11 aug from template) as well as a cave/dmg shammy with the 37 cave (+11 from template). You get the best of both worlds with that spec (well almost the best).

Plus with that spec, it seems like you'd be a superb solo farming class as well for dat money. Which everyone wants more of.

And as stated several times in this thread, Shamans aren't the healers, so 9 mend is enough for cure disease/cure poison and (again with +11 mend from template) a bit of healing if needed. But, like above, Shamans aren't healers. Or did I say that? :-P

What am I missing?
Severian, RR5 Skald
Sacrament, RR4 Healer
Darkcircle, RR4 RM

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Apr 18, 2017 04:50

That you are a Buffer and rupter, not a damagedealer. Mid is a melee based realm. And when you miss out on Red sc, your melee miss out on dmg.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Severian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Severian » Apr 18, 2017 23:53

You can still interrupt just as well, if not even better, with higher cave.

Let's see how much stats are missing from not having 46 aug? It is really THAT much of a difference? If your group is running a mixed set up (as in actually using the good caster classes in Midgard, yes they exist), you'll have 3 melee, 2-3 healers, 1 sham, 1-2 casters. One of those melee will be a Skald, which isn't there for damage, even though they can do pretty solid damage. They may not even get a red str/con. So that leaves 2 classes that would actually need the red str/con. How much more damage is that really?

And is that really worth the sacrifice of having a much more boring and much less versatile spec? My answer is a big no.
Severian, RR5 Skald
Sacrament, RR4 Healer
Darkcircle, RR4 RM

PreviousNext

Return to Shaman