High Resist Rates on stun/mez?

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Feb 22, 2017 06:44

Does anyone else notice this? Seems like stun gets resists all the time which loses me the fight. Over the course of about 20 runs it seems like every other fight someone would resist stun. Yes, lvl 50+11 instruments.
Last edited by Ardri on Feb 25, 2017 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Feb 22, 2017 08:15

Nope, not really. Your composite spec makes zero difference in resist rate for everything in the game except minstrel/mentalist charm.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 22, 2017 11:08

did you use any style with stun that gave them immunity? :roll:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 23, 2017 14:53

Ardri wrote:Does anyone else notice this? Seems like stun gets resists all the time which loses me the fight. Over the course of about 20 runs it seems like every other fight someone would resist stun. Yes, lvl 50+11 instruments.

Quite a difference between "gets resists ALL the time" and "Over the cource of about 20 runs it seems like every other fight someone would resist stun". O.o Do you say 1 out of 20 (you said runs, could be several fights a run) are many resists?

If you want any information about what is correct and what is confirmation bias, we need at least:
- Your castlevel (40 Stun, 42 mezz. Yes, composite spec doesn't do anything regarding resist chance)
- Your enemy lvl (50)
- Your enemies resistances (Not! Mixed it up with the users resist pierce, which would be relevant if existent)
- Amount of stuns casted
- Amount of resists

Try this in a duel over a long period of time. If something is fishy, <issue tracker>. If everything seems right, you can still gather RvR data if you are wary.

I try to give you a good answer regarding the lack of information.

Yes, is is normal that a lvl 50 enemy resists your lvl 40/42 spell "every other fight". This becomes even more likely when the enemy is full scd and/or got resistance buffs.

Played together with several Minstrels, none of them ever complained.

Greetings
Last edited by Nunki on Feb 24, 2017 10:53, edited 2 times in total.

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Feb 24, 2017 05:06

Nunki wrote:
Ardri wrote:Does anyone else notice this? Seems like stun gets resists all the time which loses me the fight. Over the course of about 20 runs it seems like every other fight someone would resist stun. Yes, lvl 50+11 instruments.

Quite a difference between "gets resists ALL the time" and "Over the cource of about 20 runs it seems like every other fight someone would resist stun". O.o Do you say 1 out of 20 (you said runs, could be several fights a run) are many resists?

If you want any information about what is correct and what is confirmation bias, we need at least:
- Your castlevel (40 Stun, 42 mezz. Yes, composite spec doesn't do anything regarding resist chance)
- Your enemy lvl (50)
- Your enemies resistances (fully scd? maiby resi buffs?)
- Amount of stuns casted
- Amount of resists

Try this in a duel over a long period of time. If something is fishy, <issue tracker>. If everything seems right, you can still gather RvR data if you are wary.

Yes, is is normal that a lvl 50 enemy resists your lvl 40/42 spell "every other fight". This becomes even more likely when the enemy is full scd and/or got resistance buffs.

Greetings

I think you know what i mean in my original post. If i had GM rights or it was my job to test Uthgard then i would gladly do this. Otherwise, i'm not going to waste more time than the Uthgard devs already make me waste just to PvP in this game.

And since when do magic resists affect resist rates?
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 24, 2017 10:50

Ardri wrote:
Nunki wrote:

- Your enemy lvl (50)
- Your enemies resistances (fully scd? maiby resi buffs?)
- Amount of stuns casted
- Amount of resists

Greetings

I think you know what i mean in my original post. If i had GM rights or it was my job to test Uthgard then i would gladly do this. Otherwise, i'm not going to waste more time than the Uthgard devs already make me waste just to PvP in this game.

Yes, what i understood was "all the time / sometimes / every now and then / every 20 runs someone would resist my stun". No real information. No X Casts = X Resist or whatever.
If you would have said (I would guess every 8th stun gets resisted), people could say if its normal (On uth 1: 12.5% was the lowest resist rate you could get with a lvl 50 cast on a lvl 50 enemy -> 1/8) or not.

This is a free game, no monthly fees, no advertisements and no PayToWin-Shop.
Either help to improve, or do not complain. :D
No one "makes you waste your time".

And since when do magic resists affect resist rates?

Never, my fault. :D Mixed it up with Resi pierce. :D Edited.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 24, 2017 11:15

You can log in on live and do tests regarding resist rates.
You don't need to know how to post process the data that will be done by the devs. All you need to do is login and do some cases on dummies. If you are not sure how to do the test in the best way, contact a staff member they are very helpful and will guide you how to do things so it just takes as few time as needed.

Signing up an account is free of charge and setting up the chars takes 10min. if you need help in getting started on pendragon feel free to write me a pm.

Return to Minstrel