Final specc

Wasterius
Warder

Postby Wasterius » Feb 07, 2017 22:31

Hello,
I would ask what is now the final specc for a SB?

So if some people say there is no penalty for CS on LA that means CS would be the best specc? Or what is the opinion here? I can't understand the other threads because all argumention for different stuffs and my english isn't that good enough to follow the threads :)

Daxt
Myrmidon

Postby Daxt » Feb 08, 2017 13:47

Wasterius wrote:Hello,
I would ask what is now the final specc for a SB?

So if some people say there is no penalty for CS on LA that means CS would be the best specc? Or what is the opinion here? I can't understand the other threads because all argumention for different stuffs and my english isn't that good enough to follow the threads :)

I'm not 50 on my SB yet but my plan is (as stated in the big spec thread) still:
35stealth
35env
36'weapon' (likely axe)
39LA
34CS

Autotrain stealth until above lvl 40 is required to reach this. At rr5'ish I'd imagine this to be the overall strongest. Jump with a 2hander, switch and fight with LA.

I have heard of people aiming ofr a clean 2hand spec as well (maxing CS or weapon) and then there is ofcourse the 'Soulblade' (hardly any envenom) spec too, where you max out your weapon
***GM of <Kattegat> (Danish/Nordic guild)***

-*Daxt* Berserker
-*Daxtax* Shadowblade

twitch.tv/daxt86

Wellzy
Myrmidon

Postby Wellzy » Feb 21, 2017 18:06

CritBlades is the best spec for this patch. I tested it myself while lvling and ran the dmg data before and after a respec.

Speccing LA only increases the damage of LA styles and slightly increases the damage of your left hand swings. (swings every time regardless of LA skill for midgard).

Go critblade and use crit combat styles. High axe or sword. Put the anything left over into into left axe for the dmg boost.

Something like 44 weap 44 CS 34/34 12ish la.

Dumping all those spec points into LA just to get the welfare evade stun is not worth it. You lose out on a lot of dmg output.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 21, 2017 18:14

Wellzy wrote:CritBlades is the best spec for this patch. I tested it myself while lvling and ran the dmg data before and after a respec.

Speccing LA only increases the damage of LA styles and slightly increases the damage of your left hand swings. (swings every time regardless of LA skill for midgard).

Go critblade and use crit combat styles. High axe or sword. Put the anything left over into into left axe for the dmg boost.

Dumping all those spec points into LA just to get the welfare evade stun is not worth it. You lose out on a lot of dmg output.

thx for sharing this. All those discussions/flames about the need of LA spec or not and th0msdk was right all the time :lol:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Feb 22, 2017 18:21

Wellzy wrote:CritBlades is the best spec for this patch. I tested it myself while lvling and ran the dmg data before and after a respec.

Something worth mentioning on top of this point:

Composite weapon spec of 51 (i.e. 37 axe spec for rr4 with +11 from items) will give you the optimal dmg output for axes if you use styles from any other line (i.e. CS). Only spec above 51 composite if you intend to use styles from your main weapon spec line (and that wouldn't be advisable for a SB). This releases more points for CS spec.
Uth1: Equade rr10 ranger, Fight rr7 sb, Sinwar rr6 thane
Genesis: Swift rr7 champ, Reaperinho rr6 vw, Sinwar rr5 eld
Uth2: NS, VW and Eld

Wellzy
Myrmidon

Postby Wellzy » Feb 22, 2017 21:24

Equade wrote:

Something worth mentioning on top of this point:

Composite weapon spec of 51 (i.e. 37 axe spec for rr4 with +11 from items) will give you the optimal dmg output for axes if you use styles from any other line (i.e. CS). Only spec above 51 composite if you intend to use styles from your main weapon spec line (and that wouldn't be advisable for a SB). This releases more points for CS spec.

Yes! This is a valid point! the dmg bonus goes up with high CS, anything over composite 50 in your weap does not affect the base dmg very much. (But I think it helps a bit with opposing evades and parry/block)

Either way, great info!

Daxt
Myrmidon

Postby Daxt » Feb 23, 2017 11:17

Ilerget wrote:

thx for sharing this. All those discussions/flames about the need of LA spec or not and th0msdk was right all the time :lol:

I find this a tad amusing. One guy says he has tracked some data and suddenly everyone's on the bandwagon. The backstyle from LA is completely neglected here, a 0.9 GR style thats better than any alternatives CS has to offer, while a target is stunned. Additionally the LA evade stun will give you a chance if you get jumped on or cannot open from stealth, not having it will likely mean you're toast in a dual.

I don't think there has been any doubts regarding LA and damage with CS, neither here nor in the other thread. The fact of the matter still remains though: You can spam a similar/better anytime style with LA, you do also get more overall swing damage AND you get the ever so important LA evade followup stun.

On low RR the 'no LA spec' is likely better but that's about it.
***GM of <Kattegat> (Danish/Nordic guild)***

-*Daxt* Berserker
-*Daxtax* Shadowblade

twitch.tv/daxt86

l00ri
Warder

Postby l00ri » Feb 23, 2017 11:39

Planned for RR5 (+15):

44CS
39LA
36Weapon
35Stealth
22Env

G/AH > DF Spam btw. 8)
Zoreia, Tila, Mareia
< Barun >

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 23, 2017 12:15

Daxt wrote:
Ilerget wrote:thx for sharing this. All those discussions/flames about the need of LA spec or not and th0msdk was right all the time :lol:

I find this a tad amusing. One guy says he has tracked some data and suddenly everyone's on the bandwagon. The backstyle from LA is completely neglected here, a 0.9 GR style thats better than any alternatives CS has to offer, while a target is stunned. Additionally the LA evade stun will give you a chance if you get jumped on or cannot open from stealth, not having it will likely mean you're toast in a dual.

I don't think there has been any doubts regarding LA and damage with CS, neither here nor in the other thread. The fact of the matter still remains though: You can spam a similar/better anytime style with LA, you do also get more overall swing damage AND you get the ever so important LA evade followup stun.

I was just thankful to him because I only played infil/ns before and thought that with SB I'll be forced to play with high LA. I'm in love with CS evade chain and I think it is the best line, sry for the ppl who desagree but I'll keep playing with my favorite line
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Wellzy
Myrmidon

Postby Wellzy » Feb 24, 2017 18:58

Daxt wrote:
Ilerget wrote:

Trust the data brah.

Back style is irrelevant. Vast majority of stealth fights are 1v1. A poisitonal that you rarely use is not worth speccing for.

CS anytime chain hits harder than the LA anytime chain or dbl frost spam. The very small off hand increase in dmg I saw did not make up for the style bonus dmg of the CS line with CS spec.

hammy chain dmg is unmatched.

Auto attack dmg was almost the same, style dmg in CS spec was a considerable increase.

Honestly. There really is no argument. Testing damage on the same mobs before and after a resepc. I did considerable more damage after I respeced high CS using CS styles. Say what you want, but I took down the numbers.

if you want to sacrifice sheer dps for for an evade stun that is off a follow up, go for it.

th0msdk
Myrmidon

Postby th0msdk » Mar 01, 2017 23:03

Daxt wrote:
Ilerget wrote:

I find this a tad amusing. One guy says he has tracked some data and suddenly everyone's on the bandwagon. .

Tracked some data? I played SB since 2002 with every possible spec, in various different patches.. Do you honestly think i would spill some bullshit on forum for keks?
SB is the class i've played the most. So i guess i would know what i'm talking about.

I maybe could have explained it abit nicer, but the frustration with people that don't know how to listen very well, or mix in current live patch SB's with the classic SB specs, is infuriating.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Mar 03, 2017 19:35

Wellzy wrote:
Daxt wrote:I find this a tad amusing. One guy says he has tracked some data and suddenly everyone's on the bandwagon. The backstyle from LA is completely neglected here, a 0.9 GR style thats better than any alternatives CS has to offer, while a target is stunned. Additionally the LA evade stun will give you a chance if you get jumped on or cannot open from stealth, not having it will likely mean you're toast in a dual.

Trust the data brah.

Back style is irrelevant. Vast majority of stealth fights are 1v1. A poisitonal that you rarely use is not worth speccing for.

CS anytime chain hits harder than the LA anytime chain or dbl frost spam. The very small off hand increase in dmg I saw did not make up for the style bonus dmg of the CS line with CS spec.

hammy chain dmg is unmatched.

Auto attack dmg was almost the same, style dmg in CS spec was a considerable increase.

Honestly. There really is no argument. Testing damage on the same mobs before and after a resepc. I did considerable more damage after I respeced high CS using CS styles. Say what you want, but I took down the numbers.

if you want to sacrifice sheer dps for for an evade stun that is off a follow up, go for it.

That depends entirely on your playstyle. I was able to land the backstyle for LA plenty by combat strafing, though the evade chain stun just shouldn't be neglected. If you miss PA without having LA in your spec, you're probably going to die. Plain and simple. Soulblade is a nice alternative, though you need to hit PA against melee stealthers to be successful with that one. It's a toss up for me, but I wouldn't even bother putting points into LA until rr4+ because I wouldn't put anything into LA until I can effectively do a 5-spec.

bakunin
Warder

Postby bakunin » Mar 07, 2017 11:05

lets be honest, other assasins can spec easily for an evade stun, given this you simply cant win without purge (and purge is dangerous too, if they are fast enough swapping weapons with another debuff/dot... nothing to do)

shadowzerk was able to outdamage in the first swings before nerf, but rarely survive at dragonfang without purge

given that, assuming sb is in hard mode this patch, you have to keep yourself ready to evade stun (39LA) that can save any situation

viable specs:

44cs, 39la, composite 50 stealth (but can be a bit lower hoping for a higher rr), composite 50 weap and same as stealth, yu can lower this a bit but not too much, 51 is after 5L anyway.. this spec is strong overall but you need some trick like debuff d/q and avoid 1v1 fight without purge and low envenom...

you can go full critblade or classic szerk having troubles in most situation but good in others.... but at 6L you're ready to spec the right way (5L with autotrain and 49 weap/stealth is viable too)

39LA, 39cs, 34stealth, 34weap, 31env (and, with autotrain, raise env or cs a bit to fit your playstyle)
with higher ranks you simply raise cs, yes you need a lot of respec stones to be able to perform at best

Ashrack
Warder

Postby Ashrack » Apr 24, 2017 12:42

Hi here!

I don't know how to spe my SB lvl 50. I hesitated between 2 spe:

Poison : 43
Stealth : 40
Axe : 39
CS : 39

OR

Poison : 25
Stealth : 40
Axe : 39
CS : 39
LA : 35

Both with auto-train Stealth lvl 48.

Because for me a SB have poison and CS so need to use them, but what about the LA? Is it really usefull? Exept to put more poison.

Thank you for your answers guys! :)

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Apr 24, 2017 15:27

Both specs are viable, I plan on staying 39 LA if you strafe you get plenty of chances to land your evade stun/back styles. Critblade damage is better if you want a more simple straight forward spec go with that. Less buttons/followups on the hotbar, easier to find a place for your /release macro :D

Next

Return to Shadowblade