Leveling Eldritch

Glipglorp
Guardian

Postby Glipglorp » Jan 22, 2017 07:45

It's been a long time since I've played Hib. I'm going to roll an eldritch, and I was wondering what is the best spec for leveling. Mana for pbaoe? Regardless, I'm planning to go Light 40+. Thanks!

Rynzer
Warder

Postby Rynzer » Jan 22, 2017 08:19

All three specs have their own strong suits. Void is good at things like kill tasks since the timers on bolts don't let you chain pull too well. Light is strong for grinding out camps and can handle adds/social mobs with AE mez. Mana is great for groups (PBAE) and passable for soloing with the DD/snare.

Mostly your preference and what you think you'll be doing the most.

Zodiaz
Warder

Postby Zodiaz » Jan 23, 2017 16:54

Highly recommend that you go Mana. It suits the solo quest, kill task, and group xp styles.

DD Snare is easy solo and the pbaoe alone will get you into groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evinac
Gryphon Knight

Postby Evinac » Jan 23, 2017 19:31

Mana single DD snare is not mana efficient for soloing - it's 3s to cast and where other spec nukes would take 4 spells to take down a mob, snare dd would take 5.

Void to task till 20 imo, then mana so u can actually get a grp with all the FP'ing going on right now.

Honestly have no idea how u intend to lvl 40+ as light - those r painful 10 lvls to solo... especially as first char with gimp gear.
Evinak - Eldritch
Evinac - Hero
<Blazed>

Rhil
Warder

Postby Rhil » Jan 24, 2017 02:28

Imo go full mana from the start on, only respec at 40. Void may be more effective for leveling, but it also makes you less group friendly... if you should get tired of soloing before reaching your lv20 respec. Soloing more than a few bubs is quite a bore on casters at any level, with the mana regen here. The bomb is also used in groups <lv20, and the snare nuke is quite effective and comfy - kiting is a breeze ;). If u pick up several mobs at a time, xp isn't even so bad... if you MUST solo.

With full light spec (28 mana, according to my definition), it's true it might be difficult to find (pp) groups. You can join, but you prob won't be their first pick next time if they figure out your spec :D. You can partially make up for that with doing a good job on NS mob pull duty. It may work out :wink: and for less picky groups than pp you'll be fine, anyway. That said, I went full gimp mode during beta with the lv32 bomb which is not much better, and I was surprised how much I could still hit with that.

But if you want to make your 40-50 life easier, nevermind the light spec plans, consider going split spec (39 mana) for an easy start. It is viable for leveling and rvr alike, until u can get your hands on a respec stone.

Kaizen
Warder

Postby Kaizen » Jan 27, 2017 11:26

Rhil wrote:But if you want to make your 40-50 life easier, nevermind the light spec plans, consider going split spec (39 mana) for an easy start. It is viable for leveling and rvr alike, until u can get your hands on a respec stone.

A question regarding this, how viable is it to keep a 39/37 spec at 50? (+ skill)
It's master of none yet one has a very wide skillset.
+ Good snare/NS/aoe disease and dex/qui & str/con debufs.
- Damage (PB / nuke) will be lower yet ok variance

Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » Jan 27, 2017 13:46

Rhil wrote:But if you want to make your 40-50 life easier, nevermind the light spec plans, consider going split spec (39 mana) for an easy start. It is viable for leveling and rvr alike, until u can get your hands on a respec stone.

This is indeed the best option possible as of right now.

Kaizen wrote:A question regarding this, how viable is it to keep a 39/37 spec at 50? (+ skill)

It is viable! IMHO as an eld you're not the main damage dealer, there's just too much utility to be expected from you to be just a pure nuker.

Jib
Guardian

Postby Jib » Jan 30, 2017 03:32

Kaizen wrote:

A question regarding this, how viable is it to keep a 39/37 spec at 50? (+ skill)

Way more viable to go 50 mana 20 light because the 19 nearsight is almost as good as the highest one and you don't have to worry about all your other spells you list being resisted. Plus you can do real damage.

with 37/39 the level of your spells will kill you because you are going to have a 50% resist rate against other 50's.

Void spec is dumb, 2 bolts that really won't often kill anything then you have to wait 20 seconds for a real damage spell.

Light sucks because although you get a nice mes and red nearsight you get a 45 level nuke which resists 20% of the time against a 50 and there is no focus RA in this patch. Plus you miss all the utility of mana.

Kaizen
Warder

Postby Kaizen » Jan 31, 2017 00:26

heh the forumula is quite different in that it is only a few percent different (still meaningfull). However your point is valid, thanks!

Rhil
Warder

Postby Rhil » Feb 01, 2017 22:04

Aye but unfortunately the green NS, lv19, is nowhere near 'almost as good as the highest one'. The difference between green and red NS is the difference between "annoying but somewhat manageable" and "crippling". You'll notice this when you try to sneak up on a tank close enough (that's 500ish distance with red NS) to cast a regular range spell on him ..without getting an axe in your face in the process.
Or seen the other way round... if you only green NS the cabby/rm, he can still cast HIS NS from basically regular spell range.

boborg
Warder

Postby boborg » Feb 03, 2017 00:34

Hey someone did the quest The piper s Price? Its a lvl 27 quest.
The reward is a staff focus 27. I dont want to spend money at a npc to buy a new staff
On Google it starts with the npc amynda in innis carthaig and i cant find him. Google says its a quest from version 1.63

Someone did this quest ? It would help me to level up

boborg
Warder

Postby boborg » Feb 03, 2017 23:26

found the answer in the issue tracker

Jib
Guardian

Postby Jib » Feb 03, 2017 23:55

Rhil wrote:Aye but unfortunately the green NS, lv19, is nowhere near 'almost as good as the highest one'. The difference between green and red NS is the difference between "annoying but somewhat manageable" and "crippling". You'll notice this when you try to sneak up on a tank close enough (that's 500ish distance with red NS) to cast a regular range spell on him ..without getting an axe in your face in the process.
Or seen the other way round... if you only green NS the cabby/rm, he can still cast HIS NS from basically regular spell range.

What is crippling is AE snare nuke that reduces a mid tank train to a crawl continually the whole fight because there is no immunity.

What is crippling is ae st/con and disease

Adding green NS which in practicality is 90% as effective as red if you have ever used both, is just icing on the cake.

Smilo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Smilo » Feb 04, 2017 18:31

Nearsight does interrupt when resisted, so its a win/win spell even if green or grey, you either apply the effect or interrupt the target.
Green is fine, doesnt cost much power and can be spammed.

Syskaru
Myrmidon

Postby Syskaru » Feb 05, 2017 23:22

I went full mana and use the nuke snare then don the basic snare rebuff are con then stun and pbae.
- Syska Animist
- Sysk Cleric

Return to Eldritch