Bard Tips for 1.65?

jlxharville
Myrmidon

Postby jlxharville » Jan 30, 2017 06:56

I knew I was going a difficult route rolling bard, but I have been pvping and have about 7k RPS from duoing with a blademaster.

So, I have found a few things that I am not sure how to counter.

1. All we have is mezz, amnesia, some base buffs/songs, and a dd.

2. We have no defense utility, escape capability, or damage potential.

3. Because of the way the bard was created, its almost impossible for me to spec properly and have room for any melee utility (snares or etc)

How the hell do you play this class efficiently at this patch level? I feel like each fight I encounter, I basically spend 90% of my time kiting away while my blademaster friend kills -- and if I happen to get slammed or slowed by a tank, its almost guaranteed I am done for. They also chose the patch level where we don't get Mastery of Concentration, when of course both Healer and Sorcerer have access.

I'm just asking for tips from any pros who can help me at this patch set. I look at healers on Midgard and get a little ****** off because they have mezz, root, stun, heals, bases, crack, celerity (if tri-spec) a str/con buff for durability, speed, resists, attack speed decrease insta.... blah blah.

Koof1
Warder

Postby Koof1 » Jan 30, 2017 08:59

Lmao yes compared to one other class in the game, you have less utility... Idk if you're trolling but if you feel like bard doesn't have a lot to do I highly suggest watching videos on YouTube and seeing how the class is meant to be played... Besides pac healer bard is probably the highest skill cap champ in the game

Skallman
Myrmidon

Postby Skallman » Jan 30, 2017 09:35

I had my best rvr time in daoc with a bard as trio on prydwen EU. We offen went out late nights in old frontiers/emain and wrecked full grps, yes as trio. Altho we where bard rr11, chanter rr11 and druid rr10 druid. I know i didnt respond on your question much, but as a bard you get alot of nice tools tho, mezz/demezz, end, interupt and later on nice RA's as sos, purge, moc. Just swich the bm for a chanter and grab a druid annd you will get TONS of tools :)

Mezz, root, stun, snare, interupts, buffs and so on..

Caldrian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Caldrian » Jan 30, 2017 09:58

Skallman wrote:[...] as a bard you get [...] nice RA's as sos, purge, moc.

ftfy :bored:

jlxharville
Myrmidon

Postby jlxharville » Jan 30, 2017 10:03

Skallman wrote:I had my best rvr time in daoc with a bard as trio on prydwen EU. We offen went out late nights in old frontiers/emain and wrecked full grps, yes as trio. Altho we where bard rr11, chanter rr11 and druid rr10 druid. I know i didnt respond on your question much, but as a bard you get alot of nice tools tho, mezz/demezz, end, interupt and later on nice RA's as sos, purge, moc. Just swich the bm for a chanter and grab a druid annd you will get TONS of tools :)

Mezz, root, stun, snare, interupts, buffs and so on..

yeah we don't get sos, or moc.

two tools that would be insanely useful... but nope.

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Jan 30, 2017 10:52

Bards are really the Fire Wizards of Hibernia ... are you ****** kidding me :roll:
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Madae
Gryphon Knight

Postby Madae » Jan 30, 2017 11:03

jlxharville wrote:yeah we don't get sos, or moc.

two tools that would be insanely useful... but nope.

I don't see the point in complaining about what you don't have, since it will never change.

Bards fill a variety of roles. They are healers. They have songs. They have buffs and messes. You might not think you are comparable to other classes with similar abilities, but then again, you have a lot of things that they don't. Minstrels don't have heals or buffs. Shamans and Healers don't have your speed.

Maybe in the future, you should research a class before you pick it and level all the way to 50, or whatever you're at.

Danny89
Myrmidon

Postby Danny89 » Jan 30, 2017 11:12

Bard is one of the reasons (beside Enchs, Mentas and Wardens... oh wait, another 3 classes, yes) why Hibernia is so terrible in RVR on this patch. :roll:

Hibernia is FORCED to take a Bard in each group, because of the speed, the endurance SONG, the mezz and the demezz, but is simultaneously one of the weakest classes in DAOC at this patch. :cry:

He has NOTHING beside that. No Styles. No Heals. No other ruppt than a single dd every xx seconds (Minstrls and Skalds are laughing so hard).

Try to get on the endurance SONG: Well, it takes 3 seconds to "channel" the song, but is interruptable: Fun, in many fights you wont get Endurance Song turned on. On the next few patches, when Bard got access to moc, moc was also sometimes used just to put that stupid endurance song on.

Try to be useful:
- Dont get rootet: You are out of the fight.
- Dont get mezzed: There will be no second demezzer and you have no Mezzdumb or ANYTHING that will help you. Mezz without Purge (30 minutes on this patch!!!): AFK for 1 Minute
- Dont get Nearsighted: Your are out of the fight.
- Dont get a pet sticked to your a**.

Literally any CC just f**** you completly and Hibernian groups MUST keep on playing 7 vs 8.

Even IF you are standing free, running endurance song: What are you supposed to do?

Use your mezzes to interrupt / set random mezzimmunity?
What if the enemies have mezz immunity?

You wont interrupt properly.
You wont heal properly.

Bard got better with nearly every single patch after 1.65 (well, no surprise). Uninterruptable song switch (patch), MoC (I guess NF/ new RAs), 5 Minute Purge (NF/new RAs), SoS (NF/new RAs), selfmezzdump (patch), access to healing (patch), access to a second CC-> root (patch), access to a second insta DD (patch), access to a ranged ruppt with utility-> Championlevel disease, ... .

Yours Danny,
Hibernian player since 2002, played until patch 1.100, RR11 Menta/Eld/Ranger, RR9 Druid and Bard,

who is

DEFINETELY

not playing Hibernia on this patchstate again (rolling Albion)

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Jan 30, 2017 12:06

What you describing is just the normal non Det class live.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Danny89
Myrmidon

Postby Danny89 » Jan 30, 2017 12:19

Pao wrote:What you describing is just the normal non Det class live.

nope

Most other casting classes dont care about pets that much.
Any other casting class cant be rooted and ignored.
Any other casting class has a demezzer behind it or a mezzdump (sorc).
Most other casting classes, for all the reasons aboth, can save purge for nearsight.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Jan 30, 2017 12:27

Having to take a specific class, despite it being weak, is one of DaoC strong sides.

Take berserker, there is really nothing what they do cant be done by other classes (apart from one-shotting people), so they are not taken because they are needed, but because it's a really strong class. This is the bad sides of DaoC, because it pushes other classes out that simply are not picked because all they do zerkers do better.

Keep in mind, that druids Group Purge makes up for bards being weak, it's really hard to keep a Hib group CC'd.
Albion and having fun

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jan 30, 2017 12:53

Danny89 is a perfect example why RR doesn't mean anything. Sorry but it seems you have no clue about bards or how to play it.
Back to topic. Yes in a 2v2 situation your main job is to not get caught and let the BM kill. You can spec 10 in blades for a side snare that you can use to peel of tanks.
Last edited by pweet on Jan 30, 2017 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Muse
Warder

Postby Muse » Jan 30, 2017 13:18

So I am playing a Bard atm, you are right, its not an easy class at this patch Level. Healers dump you with instastun/instamezz to force anything to drop like purge. BUT, thats the way it is.

You only have one demezzer? to run 2 bards, or bard menta. The mainproblem is that hibernia cant respec atm thats why u Need to run a 2. bard to get a usefull spot in Group.

The actual spec, in my opinion the best u can go for, which is viable and i have a lot of fun.

47 Music, 43 nurt, 10 blades and 13/11 Regrowth. If u know how to Play u can easy Counter a tank on you, a pet, and just because ur a bard, doesnt mean your grp cant have enduregs. To be efficient Pop Endu Reg 4 potions on INC and u dont have Problems not having endurance infight.

It is hard, but deal with it

Danny89
Myrmidon

Postby Danny89 » Jan 30, 2017 13:27

pweet wrote:Danny89 is a perfect example why RR doesn't mean anything. Sorry but it seems you have no clue about bards or how to play it.
Back to topic. Yes in a 2v2 situation your main job is to not get caught and let the BM kill. You can spec 10 in blades for a side snare that you can use to peel of tanks.

You are the perfect example that you have no arguments :)

No Zerg RR, 8v8 and solo, but you have for a clue ;) The RR, especially in combination of 8v8 groups and solo title on ranger, should show you that Im not speaking randomly or have no clue about Hibernias history

You definetely have a clue why Hibernia is by far the underpopulated realm?

You definetely have a clue why Hibernia was and have been for long the underpopulated realm on most of the servers?

For sure because Hibernia is and was so strong *giggle*

Yes grouppurge is nice, but dont make up for all the weaknesses Hibernia has on 1.65.

falscheneun
Gryphon Knight

Postby falscheneun » Jan 30, 2017 14:47

Danny89 wrote:bard rant

well, you seem to be pretty clueless about the class, just like pweet pointed out.

i dont think you should be giving advice on how useless and crappy a class is that you obviously do not know how to play properly. if i was OP and read that passage of yours id probably delete my bard immediatly. its a fact that a bard can be a weapon in the right hands just like a minstrel or pac.

as mentioned above, bard alongside minstrel, pac, maybe sorc sure is one of the highest skill cap classes in the game (regardless of the patch).

@OP instead of listening to useless walls of texts by people who go afk when rooted, i advise you to watch some videos or ask in the realm specific/rvr board.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ReqVids/videos this is Caits POV, im sure theres a lot of tricks you can learn. additionally theres a RVR AMA thread in the RVR boards that im too lazy to look up now though

Next

Return to Bard