Uthgard 2.0 Auto-bestiary (See last post for update)

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 04, 2017 11:18

Database statistics (DB updated 22.07.2017)
Unique monsters 2601
Unique items 2833
Total monster kills 127924
Total item drops 19604
Number of chat.log's 857
Number of submitters 53

Database statistics (DB updated 17.07.2017)
Unique monsters 2563
Unique items 2801
Total monster kills 126366
Total item drops 19503
Number of chat.log's 851
Number of submitters 51

Hello Everyone

I need your chatlogs! Help me help you :)

I worked hard in the nights of almost 2 weeks before server launch, to build a chat-log file parser and bestiary website, to start over from scratch with data only from the fresh launched server. This will enable us to get unique tables of monsters and drop rates, which will be 100% true to the server we play at, instead of looking at up to 10-12 year old databases.

The new Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary: http://www.disorder.dk/daoc/bestiary/

How to record a chat.log in Dark Age of Camelot
- Standard keyboard shortcut to start a chat.log recording in DAoC is CTRL+L.
- - You can also start a chat log with a given name, f.ex. "/chatlog 1forestsauvage", then just stop it when you leave the zone or stop playing.
- Recording is started and stopped by pushing CTRL+L, or stops automatically when you log out of the game.

How to make a chat.log that can be used in this bestiary
- You must only log from a single zone, there must not be kills from different zones!
- You must know how many players are in your group while logging, or know a average number if group size varied a little. Only 1-2 in vary is allowed.
- You must not be the lowest level in a group and only get capped experience from high level monsters / power level, this ruins monster level detection.
- Please make sure to delve information for all dropped items. This is done by right-clicking item in inventory and then pressing SHIFT+I or click "Info". Drag'n'drop items to chat does NOT work, as it does not contain ALL information about a item.

How to submit a chat.log to be included in this bestiary
Send your chat.log file to [url=mailto:chatlog@disorder.dk]chatlog@disorder.dk[/url]
- Rename the "chat.log" file to number of players followed by zone name, f.ex. "8connacht.log".
Please structure the email like this:
- Name: your username to be shown in contributions list, no name and it will be "Anonymous"
- Link: a link to your website/youtube/whatever you want a link to
- Realm: which realm is the chat.log from?
- Zone: which zone is the chat.log from?
- Group size/solo: are you solo? could be a known group size for the whole time or a average of the group size over time

Information security
- All chat.log files will be tested, filtered and parsed properly before entering the database, it is not possible to inject malicious code.
- All text from any chat (say/broad/group/guild/alliance/any chat) is deleted as the first thing and will never be saved in the database.

Available features:
Lists of all zones, normal/SI, with totals of monsters killed, items dropped and average droprate.
Lists of all monsters in a zone with name, level from, level to, aggro status, total killed, total players killed, calculated deadliness rating and item droprate
List of all items and sell loot in separate tables for each monster in a zone
Item delve information
Search form for monster/item, based on either name or item type/level range.
List of other zones in which a monster can be found
List of contributors with a username, link to a user chosen site and number of monsters killed
Map of each zone added to zone page
NO chat data is saved in the database, all chats are deleted at parsing the chat.log file
Manual handling of chat.log files, has to be sent by email with description
Automatic updated map with monster locations, from user added /loc data.
Completed zones, all monster spawn locations added:
- Albion:
- Hibernia: Lough Derg, Connacht, Cliffs of Moher, Valley of Bri Leith
- Midgard:

Future features:
List of monsters with highest droprate in each realm (normal priority)
Make different columns click-able to sort them ascending or descending. (normal priority)
Colour coding of drop rate numbers. (normal priority)
Changes to monster deadliness rating calculation. (normal priority)
Colour coding of monster deadliness rating. (normal priority)
More extensive statistics for contributed data. (normal priority)
Upload form with data entry for easier chat.log contribution. (low priority)
Picture upload for monsters and items. (low priority)

If you have a good idea for something to add, data to be compared, calculated, shown side-by-side, please write me a PM or reply to this thread.
Last edited by madskaizer on Jul 21, 2017 23:24, edited 17 times in total.
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

Jarqo
Eagle Knight

Postby Jarqo » Jan 04, 2017 11:56

Very nice idea. Wish you best luck with this project :)
Best Sniper Ranger on Uthgard since 2007.
Looking for maps? Try http://jarqo91.wix.com/daoccamps

Shinyuka
Myrmidon

Postby Shinyuka » Jan 04, 2017 12:08

great idea

CowwoC
Gryphon Knight

Postby CowwoC » Jan 04, 2017 17:39

Kudos +1 for you. :D

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Jan 04, 2017 19:10

Really nice :)

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jan 04, 2017 19:45

I could do that ... will level 100% solo anyways.
Albion Forever!

Wislok
Warder

Postby Wislok » Jan 05, 2017 05:43

Woah... this is awesome. I wish you best of luck in your quest! Not sure how much I'll be on to help, but may try when possible!

yemz
Warder

Postby yemz » Jan 05, 2017 10:22

great idea honestly
< powerless >

doggo wan the fishe

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 05, 2017 12:05

Thank you all for the support :)

You are more than welcome to spread the word about where to send in chat.log files and with the needed information, post this thread on your guild forums, facebook or whereever you chat with other Uthgard players.

Last night I cracked getting item information out of the chatlogs, so this issue is solved and will be added tonight. Then I will take a good rest before server launches, its been some long nights since the 27th of December when I wrote the first lines of code :hammer:

Cheers
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 06, 2017 20:18

A mere 40 minutes before launch, I finally got item delve information to parse, store and read correctly. I know feel ready to receive a heap load of chat.log's from all you players :)

Please spread the word on the realms to check out the "submit a log" page, so people know what information I need.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Jarqo
Eagle Knight

Postby Jarqo » Jan 06, 2017 20:36

Good work :)
Best Sniper Ranger on Uthgard since 2007.
Looking for maps? Try http://jarqo91.wix.com/daoccamps

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » Jan 06, 2017 20:40

madskaizer wrote:All text from any chat (say/broad/group/guild/alliance/any chat) is deleted as the first thing and will never be saved in the database.

I would like some guarantee of this.

Othewise, a nice idea. If you are doing as you say (and not creating a database of information on players from all realms), then I applaud your efforts.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Jan 06, 2017 20:51

Zetetic wrote:
madskaizer wrote:All text from any chat (say/broad/group/guild/alliance/any chat) is deleted as the first thing and will never be saved in the database.

Othewise, a nice idea. If you are doing as you say (and not creating a database of information on players from all realms), then I applaud your efforts.

I am not sure what kind of proof that I could provide you :)

Screenshots of the database would open a security issue, screenshots could be edited anyway.

All chat lines are marked with @@, something that /random 100 parses uses to filter out people trying to cheat with /me emotes instead of actually rolling with /random. I only look for patterns of special characters and words to filter out items, monsters, kills and exp.

I care a lot about information security and I can only give you my word that no chat conversations are ever stored in the database or will be available to the public.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jan 06, 2017 20:54

Zetetic wrote:

You can always delete all chat lines manually before submitting.
Albion Forever!

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jan 06, 2017 20:55

Zetetic wrote:

You can always delete all chat lines manually before submitting.
Albion Forever!

Next

Return to General Topics