Bard Twisting

jbellos
Warder

Postby jbellos » Jan 02, 2017 00:15

I'm testing twisting speed 5 and end 5, while sprinting, and finding my endurance still goes down when twisting, even though visually it appears both buffs are still up 100% of the time. Given I haven't played the game in a ridiculous amount of years I thought I'd ask here first - how do I twist successfully? Am I doing it right if I see both buffs at all times, or is this just a bug?

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Jan 02, 2017 00:32

jbellos wrote:I'm testing twisting speed 5 and end 5, while sprinting, and finding my endurance still goes down when twisting, even though visually it appears both buffs are still up 100% of the time. Given I haven't played the game in a ridiculous amount of years I thought I'd ask here first - how do I twist successfully? Am I doing it right if I see both buffs at all times, or is this just a bug?

My guess is that you're twisting too quickly. Each time you finish a song it takes endo, and the songs last long enough for you to:
Speed ... X seconds... Endo ... X Seconds ... Speed

It sounds like you're not waiting between casting the songs and thus using more endurance than you need.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » Jan 02, 2017 02:06

If you're not putting at least one point into Long Wind you're going to have serious issues with twisting.

Nujao
Myrmidon

Postby Nujao » Jan 02, 2017 12:29

even if you twist at max speed, your endu will go down only very slowly, you need lw1 or it doesnt work :)

jbellos
Warder

Postby jbellos » Jan 02, 2017 15:44

Thanks :) The issue was long wind. I didn't realize I was using endo to play a song.

Return to Bard