Champion Specs

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Jun 29, 2016 21:37

I would say yes, 1 v1 or dueling spec - I think you really want the big hits that LW can give imho.

If respec stones ever became easy to get, worth trying both?

Perhaps the spec you quote would be better at higher RR's? (augmented with MoB etc)

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Jul 18, 2016 17:14

Just throwing the following spec out there - is this spreading yourself too thin?

40 Valor
42 Shield
39 LW
29 Pierce
9 Parry

or:

42 Valor
35 Shield
39 LW
34 Pierce
11 Parry

Some sort of hybrid spec, is it possible to get +11 to 4 skills and cap everything else that is needed?

Or is it 50 LW or bust :grin:

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Aug 05, 2016 19:13

bump :grin:

zedwik321
Warder

Postby zedwik321 » Aug 13, 2016 02:24

Pick LW or 1h/shield. Can't drop valor too much either, you don't want low ws and high resist rates. Its hard enough without det already.

If you're looking for more melee versatility role BM imo

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Sep 24, 2016 18:49

45 Shield
40 Valor
44 Pierce
Rest Parry ;)

Lurikeen on the ROXX ^^

Virn
Myrmidon

Postby Virn » Sep 25, 2016 14:17

Hey,

Template in group :
Celt => +10 str +10 dex +10 quickness
42 shield (slam)
50 LW (dmg)
39 Valor (S/C debuff)
6 Parry or blade to taunt in PvE

amiga1200
Warder

Postby amiga1200 » Sep 26, 2016 10:38

Here's an odd spec i was thinking of. Bad or good?

Luri for dex/qui love and awesome looks.

Pierce: 44
Valor: 42
Shield: 42
Parry: 18

Alternative "don't care about parry" spec.

Pierce: 45
Shield: 45
Parry: 4

Thoughts?

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Sep 27, 2016 18:19

amiga1200 wrote:Here's an odd spec i was thinking of. Bad or good?

Luri for dex/qui love and awesome looks.

Pierce: 44
Shield: 42
Parry: 18

Alternative "don't care about parry" spec.

Pierce: 45
Shield: 45
Parry: 4

Thoughts?

Too much pierce I reckon, it has already been discussed at some length that on Uth V 2.0 composite 50 weapon spec is all that is really required (unless going for a particular style ie: Dragon Fang or Annihilation).

45 shield to what gain? I would think there are only a few normal stopping pts: 23 / 35 / 42 / 50 for the various stuns.

Luri would be a laugh, not sure if it is the optimum race (if such things concern you). I made an Elf champ to test during the beta. And if going a high dex race then I guess it makes sense to have at least 42 shield, which limits your potential Valor / LW.

Ultimately LW is too important not to have (probably :) ) and if you are going LW then (hybrid) 39 or the full 50 for Annihilation are the pts to aim for I would think.

High dex race + high shield + high 1 hander is a 1 vs 1 or dueling spec...your damage will be subpar in 8 vs 8 (assuming you even get a group with no det). LW gives the big hits and spike damage necessary to put players down.

Guess it depends what you use the toon for.

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Sep 28, 2016 00:42

morry1000 wrote:Too much pierce I reckon, it has already been discussed at some length that on Uth V 2.0 composite 50 weapon spec is all that is really required (unless going for a particular style ie: Dragon Fang or Annihilation).

This is not entirely correct. The 51 composite spec (Wyrd's spec) applies to damage variance on main weapon skills (hammer, thrust, pierce, sword, blunt, axe, slash, polearm, staff, large weap, spear, celtic spear etc., you get the point). If you intend to use styles from the main weapon line, then you will indeed benefit from higher spec (and better styles) as the growth rate on the style is a multiplier in the damage output along with the weapon spec, which is not nerfed beyond the 51 composite.

Now, the wyrd spec applies to subspecs, so if you intend to do dual wielding or 2h/polearm on alb, then you shouldn't put more points in thrust/blunt/slash etc. than what gives 51 composite. The dual wield or 2h/polearm line however, you would benefit from putting all the way to 50.

Having played champ quite a lot, I would recommend going for:

50 valor
42 shield
39 large weap
6 parry

If you intend to solo play some/alot. If you want to group, I would switch large weap and valor:

50 large weap
42 shield
39 valor
6 parry
Uth1: Equade rr10 ranger, Fight rr7 sb, Sinwar rr6 thane
Genesis: Swift rr7 champ, Reaperinho rr6 vw, Sinwar rr5 eld
Uth2: NS, VW and Eld

amiga1200
Warder

Postby amiga1200 » Sep 28, 2016 10:20

Well the 45/45 on shield/pierce was only to get better ws, nothing else. I guess my specs are a bit fail then but i recon it could work ok 1v1. In 8v8 fights i guess Equade's spec(s) is the way to go.

High dex race + high shield + high 1 hander is a 1 vs 1 or dueling spec...your damage will be subpar in 8 vs 8 (assuming you even get a group with no det). LW gives the big hits and spike damage necessary to put players down.

Champions have det though. Or?

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Sep 28, 2016 10:39

amiga1200 wrote:Well the 45/45 on shield/pierce was only to get better ws, nothing else. I guess my specs are a bit fail then but i recon it could work ok 1v1. In 8v8 fights i guess Equade's spec(s) is the way to go.

No det. Equade's specs are spot on.
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Sep 28, 2016 11:59

Well ill try an ELF s/s Champ for soloing

44 Pierce (WF)
40 Valor yellow str kon
45 Shield more shield is more block
16 Parry maybee go 42 shield and more parry but i guess ill go for 45 shield. just test it ;)

also go for full Valor and Int in Temp.

Elf cuz of race ress, well ill see how it works ;)

amiga1200
Warder

Postby amiga1200 » Sep 28, 2016 12:15

barto22 wrote:
amiga1200 wrote:Well the 45/45 on shield/pierce was only to get better ws, nothing else. I guess my specs are a bit fail then but i recon it could work ok 1v1. In 8v8 fights i guess Equade's spec(s) is the way to go.

No det. Equade's specs are spot on.

Bah! So which char builder has the correct RA table for each class? The one i looked on was obviously wrong...

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Sep 28, 2016 13:27

Izzt wrote:Well ill try an ELF s/s Champ for soloing

44 Pierce (WF)
40 Valor yellow str kon
45 Shield more shield is more block
16 Parry maybee go 42 shield and more parry but i guess ill go for 45 shield. just test it ;)

also go for full Valor and Int in Temp.

Elf cuz of race ress, well ill see how it works ;)

Do note, that my specs only considers you switching shield in when your hit-timer is running (in between hits). This is without comparison to any s/s spec the highest dmg output you can get across. S/s is admittedly more convenient, but when you're used to switching (I bind keys b for 1h, h for 2h) it's quickly a natural part of your finger-flow on the keyboard. Do this as you level too to get used to it, should you consider doing so.

Do also be aware, that capping valor and int in template will require tremendous utility, and will yield you extremely little outcome (we're talking 5-7 damage points I reckon, but admittedly a larger power pool - which you won't need for soloing). If you exceed your pierce/shield/parry/str/con/dex/(qui)/hp/resists then put leftover SC utility in int. I am quite certain valor does nothing for you, and if so, it will only increase your DD damage by a tiny amount of damage points. Regardless, I renewed my previous champ templates to have valor and int when I could afford the template, because why not.. Quickness is not that important either, and a lot of people will argue to omit it entirely, as it does not increase your DPS by more than a few damage points, and your frontload damage increases with slower swing speeds. Also, with a slower base swingspeed, you benefit more from haste (simple math - 20% increase to 10.0 sec swing speed yields 8.0 speed, 2 seconds difference, while 20% to 9 seconds swing speed yields 7.2 speed, 1.8 seconds difference) - Find the sources for research on DPS benefits from haste vs. qui increases yourself, or take my word for it that haste will grant you (significantly, but I cannot quantify it off the top of my head) more DPS than qui (which basically keeps your DPS at the same level, you just swing faster)

Since there is nowhere to play daoc these days (to me, live looks more like starwars than daoc), I am racking my brain doing paper daoc, and I am intrigued with the luri/elf (I'd always go luri, just love them to bits, and you get bypassed quite often by groups because they just don't see you in the tall grass :p). This is due to hibernia getting Broodmother Fang when SI comes out, which has 4.3 speed and energy dot proc. Slap on a couple of reactive matter procs (crafted) and go dot-proc galore on your enemies and keep your defense high. For this purpose, I would go something like:

50 valor
42 shield
34 pierce (WF (Wyvernfang, right?) is for thrust - Albion spec line. You have to settle for sidesnare. Slash is also sidesnare)
20 parry (1 point in parry gives 0,5% chance to parry, just like 1 point in shield gives 0,5% chance to block - if you want 45 shield then you have to lower parry to 12, losing ((42+20)*0,5)-((45+12)*0,5)=2,5% defense for soloing. With shield you can block for others in group, and it has a chance to proc if you put on a reactive, but I'd still go for the 2,5% more defense in solo.)

High defense, low damage. I would not personally sacrifice 14 points in parry for 5 more points in pierce, nor would I lower pierce more than 34 because I want to hit stuff every once in a while as well. Let the stacking dot-procs work for you. Also, Broodmother Fang is the single coolest item in the game :D Had it been available for NS I would roll hib, hands down. Oh, and luri/elf for a pierce spec because you will have more dex than str at 50 with luri/elf, so in that sense it has a higher damage output than sword.

PS. Amiga, the link for the champion char builder is here: http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=ch ... s=champion
Uth1: Equade rr10 ranger, Fight rr7 sb, Sinwar rr6 thane
Genesis: Swift rr7 champ, Reaperinho rr6 vw, Sinwar rr5 eld
Uth2: NS, VW and Eld

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Sep 28, 2016 18:17

hey ;) thx for that superb answer ;)

no WF is german for WS weaponskill , reason for 44 pierce....

and yep i believe in you. that LW switch to shield is MUCH more dmg ^^ i also played CHAMP for Years and i know how to handel the swtich from Shield to LW and Annihilation ;) (LOOVED it ) ;)

But now i just wanna test some things out. and the ONE AND ONLY reason to go onehand and not LW is 40 points in Valor for the Yellow str/kon.

i would NEVER go 50 Valor and 39 LW.. becouse i LOVE annihilation to much.

so now ill only tryout that specc becvouse i will know the difference to my "old" 50 LW 39 Valor 42 shieöd , rest parry Champ.

if it WONT work as i think it should ill never go ONEHAND champion..

AND one other diea of going ONEHAND Champ is the reason from POOKHA Cape BUFF. it also raise my onehand dmg.. and it do nothing to the LW Annihil.. thats the Reasons why i wanna Test it ;)

Nothign else ^^

Also RAs, i guess ill ONLY go for Passives.

Avoid Magic
MoP
MoB
MoParry
LW
Tireless (1)

and

that Ra which gave you Crit chance for the DD ;) also only on point.

maybee its fun ^^

WOC is Crap... in OLD Ras.. in my mind..

PreviousNext

Return to Champion