Not casual friendly and population will tank.

General Topics on Dark Age of Camelot/Uthgard
Clanggedin
Warder

Postby Clanggedin » Jul 02, 2016 19:30

Budikah wrote:I have, I realized that this server just isn't going to be for me.
And that's fine, you can't please everyone, nor should one want to.

To be honest, the vibe I've gotten here is that this server is being created by the developers, for the developers.

Just curious, what exactly is wrong with that? This is their project after all; it's their baby, and they have spent years perfecting it. There's nothing selfish about wanting to recreate a game and patch level you love to play.

It's 2016 and we're used to having simple things like maps. Instead of allowing potion stacking, somebody actually took time to code in a half way easier method of using potions - same with the LFG tool - they made one up rather than utilizing the tools that have been in the game forever.
It is indeed 2016, and there are plenty of other MMOs out there with quality of life changes and a more casual friendly gaming experience. There are games where you can have entire zones all to yourself and there is no need to contest anything, or you can just go talk to an NPC and have gear handed to you. Free levels, instant teleportation, daily rewards just for logging on...and the list goes on and on. This is exactly the point. Many old gamers never asked for these "improvements", and were force fed them in main stream MMOs. We don't want quality of life, we want classic games; with all the difficulties and hardships that made them memorable.

It's quite simple really...either you want to play at this current patch level, or you don't.

riad
Banned

Postby riad » Jul 02, 2016 19:44

Classic DAoC
wrecking casuals since 2001

cool thread.

200 RP per greykill and greykill title plox!

Clanggedin
Warder

Postby Clanggedin » Jul 02, 2016 19:57

relvinian wrote:The amazing thing is how much work and time and effort someone will put into a project without asking or listening to their players about what they actually want. It is like building a house for someone without asking them what it will look like when it is finished.

The misconception here is that they are building a house for YOU. They are building a "house" for themselves, and they have already drawn up the blueprint and know what it will look like when finished. If they were building a house for you or anyone else, you would be paying them. Just be happy you aren't being charged rent to visit or stay in their house.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jul 02, 2016 20:05

Clanggedin wrote:
relvinian wrote:The amazing thing is how much work and time and effort someone will put into a project without asking or listening to their players about what they actually want. It is like building a house for someone without asking them what it will look like when it is finished.

The misconception here is that they are building a house for YOU. They are building a "house" for themselves, and they have already drawn up the blueprint and know what it will look like when finished. If they were building a house for you or anyone else, you would be paying them. Just be happy you aren't being charged rent to visit or stay in their house.

This is completely wrong. If they are not building a house for the players no wonder they will fail.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Jul 02, 2016 20:09

I wouldn't call being up for 10 years before a revamp was decided a "fail". :oops:
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Gliss
Myrmidon

Postby Gliss » Jul 02, 2016 20:27

Austerim wrote:I wouldn't call being up for 10 years before a revamp was decided a "fail". :oops:

From all the past complaints I've read on these forums I wouldn't call it a success either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Currently playing on Hib/Uthgard: (Blood Feud) 50 Druid Gliss 50, 38 Warden Glliss, 50 Ment Glisseal,

Servers: Guin(Alb), all classic servers, Ywain
Realm: Guin(Alb), Classic(all 3), Ywain(all 3)
Guilds: Guin (Honored Circle, Vilgance),Classic(?),Ywain(SLC)

Characters:
Albs- Alaxx rr5 friar, Lillie rr5 minstrel, Zewky rr5 cleric
Hibs- Gliss rr10 druid, Glisseal rr9 eld, Zewk rr9 Hero, Zewks rr7 Warden
Mids- Glisseal rr6 Shaman,Blue rr6 Skald, Blueback rr6 runemaster

Gliss
Myrmidon

Postby Gliss » Jul 02, 2016 20:29

Clanggedin wrote:

Then why open the server to the public then?......lol

Last edited by Gliss on Jul 02, 2016 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Currently playing on Hib/Uthgard: (Blood Feud) 50 Druid Gliss 50, 38 Warden Glliss, 50 Ment Glisseal,

Characters:

Kaozium
Myrmidon

Postby Kaozium » Jul 02, 2016 20:31

Damn, no one cares about /xp/rp off & BGs xD

You'll find me in my cave ಠ_ಠ

Gliss
Myrmidon

Postby Gliss » Jul 02, 2016 20:34

Kaozium wrote:Damn, no one cares about /xp/rp off & BGs xD

You'll find me in my cave ಠ_ಠ

Hmmm since the i30 launch I've seen tons of people asking for this.

Characters:

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jul 02, 2016 21:57

The guy who said better patch level and ignore toa was right.

I played 1.81 on a classic server. No toa.

xp off rp off no rps for greys rps while dead.

it was great. Group pom group da etc etc etc.

Why not that patch level?

If they had put it to a vote for a patch level which was balanced and then said no toa will be used. I'm not sure what patch level we would be playing but it damn sure wouldn't be 1.65

But even sticking with 1.65 must we also have ****** that just makes the game slower and less easy? What about teleporters to avalon marsh or do you just like riding horses all damn day to get somewhere?
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Clanggedin
Warder

Postby Clanggedin » Jul 02, 2016 22:37

Gliss wrote:
Clanggedin wrote:

Then why open the server to the public then?......lol

Well obviously MMOs are more enjoyable with other people to play with, so I assume that would be their motivation. However that does not mean they should sacrifice their vision of how the server should be, in order to acquire more warm bodies. More is not always better, and the server admins must recognize that they do need some type of player base to have an enjoyable gaming experience, however they do not need or may not even want everyone with a pulse that comes along. They are gamers that enjoy classic DAOC...they are looking for other gamers that enjoy classic DAOC, with all the classic features associated with it.

JoeShmoe
Myrmidon

Postby JoeShmoe » Jul 02, 2016 23:01

relvinian wrote:The guy who said better patch level and ignore toa was right.

I played 1.81 on a classic server. No toa.

xp off rp off no rps for greys rps while dead.

it was great. Group pom group da etc etc etc.

Why not that patch level?

If they had put it to a vote for a patch level which was balanced and then said no toa will be used. I'm not sure what patch level we would be playing but it damn sure wouldn't be 1.65

But even sticking with 1.65 must we also have ****** that just makes the game slower and less easy? What about teleporters to avalon marsh or do you just like riding horses all damn day to get somewhere?

Why dont you go make your own 1.81 experience and open it to the public then? Oh yea, you will hear the exact same drivel coming from you out of some other never stratified troll about how another patch level is wayy better.

If you arent happy then dont play or make your own 'best' server. Or buy that 1.81 from that other team.

Kilrogg
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kilrogg » Jul 02, 2016 23:28

Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing constructive to the discussion, Joe.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jul 02, 2016 23:32

Read my previous post joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Lorm
Myrmidon

Postby Lorm » Jul 03, 2016 00:06

Nobody is contributing anything constructive here as nothing said here will change anything and everything said here has been said before elsewhere. It's a 1.65 patch setting server warts and all, staff appears to have little interest in custom changes and others opinions here mean little as nobody is staff. Uthgard 2.0 at 1.65 setting- take it or leave it but stop complaining over it. Or continue to and exercise your typing skills for a useless cause- for forum warrior glory! :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics