Tips and Advice

Alzafan
Warder

Postby Alzafan » May 10, 2016 22:31

Hey all, I've been trying to find patch-accurate information regarding the Blademaster class and I'm having some difficulty. Most of the information sources are either from other servers running different patches or are a decade out of date. Does anyone have links to handy information or does anyone care to start a discussion in this subforum regarding useful information?

Things that I'm especially interested in include:

Main specs that people use -- I'm currently using a split spec with CD at level and Blades/Piercing kept even. Though I keep thinking how nice it would be to have some points in Shield for the stun ability. Does anyone know if it's viable to just put a few points into Shield and get the first Stun ability?

Weapons that people are using -- I was told that a slow main hand and a fast off hand was ideal, I'm currently using a Bastard Sword/Dirk combo to some success.

General tips for starting blademasters, such as myself.

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » May 12, 2016 14:18

first, dont spec into 2 weapon lines. Use the lvl 20 respec if you have done allready so.

second. use the nixian char builder to figure out where important styles in your main weapon line or CD line show up. prioritize the regarding line so you can get the e.g. "great lvl 15 evade style" at lvl 15.

third. Shield is pretty useless unless you go pretty high. the lvl 2 shield stun lasts 2 seconds and is utterly useless.
if you want to go split spec in the end, the spec would be 42 shield 50 cd 39 weapon, i suggest you lvl with cd max lvl, weapon 2 or 3 lvls below and rest parry. at lvl 40 respecc your parry and put the points into shield, after that maxing your CD and secondly your shield line.

Alzafan
Warder

Postby Alzafan » May 13, 2016 19:27

Thank you for the reply!

Could you explain a bit as to why I shouldn't spec into two weapon lines? Looking through the few old threads on the subject, it seems that split spec (50 CD, 39 Blade, 39 Piercing) was fairly common. I think that most people viewing this thread share my interest in knowing the why of things, not just the what.

If it's mostly to get the 9 second stun on the shield line, then that makes total sense in small RvR, but is it as useful in 8v8 when BMs are relying on other classes to stun enemies?

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » May 15, 2016 17:21

IT makes sense. Both alternatives Are viable.

But to gain max impact from 2 weapon lines you only ned to switch the Main Hand weapon, wich can be done very easy by Keyboard hotkey. This requires a solid and quick knowledge About your enemys armor and wich dmg Type is preferrable.

If you want to Spec shield, you gain a 9s Stun in your assist train, wich is perfect for assisting and Positional styles. You therefore have to switch the shield manualy from your inventory to your off Hand slot, wich takes a lot of practise and is quite annoying imo. You will also gain the ability to get rid of a peel tank by slamming him yourself, Who would Other wise slam and snare you and your Assist train.

So it comes down to the two choices: Hard crowd Control Stun wich is Hard to apply plus a lot of defense? Or: always the right dmg Type for the armor you Are hitting.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Return to Blademaster