Sorcerer ~

Bellatrix
Myrmidon

Postby Bellatrix » Feb 26, 2014 21:25

Since i wanted to be the first to open a topic on bard section but somebody have stolen that possibility to me alredy, I decided i won't do a bard and i'll come alb with a sorcerer

So which are the key tricks i should know? Debuff? Particular realm abilities?

YES I WANT TO FOLLOW THE SORCERER PATH MYLORD!

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 26, 2014 21:58

Bellatrix wrote:Since i wanted to be the first to open a topic on bard section but somebody have stolen that possibility to me alredy, I decided i won't do a bard and i'll come alb with a sorcerer

cabbys debuff for you if you are body speced but remember that sorc is the MAIN cc class in albion. Most sorcs I known speced high body as damage dealer or high mind to do...what sorcs should do :P

my sorc was speced 44 mind - 31 body - rest matter (4), this way you have high lvl mezzs and 1st ae root

what will be the best spec for sorc in 1.65?...no idea, never played at that time
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

DerWegIstDasZiel
Myrmidon

Postby DerWegIstDasZiel » Feb 26, 2014 22:03

Oh gosh, im guilty that a 5L sorc change position with a 11L Bard?

Thats bad news for hibernia!

:|

/edit
as for RA i think wild arcane could be an option... critical str/con+dex/qui+dex+str debuffs Sound NASTY to me!
---------- Djamak ---------
<West Albion Explorers>
Level 49 Briton Sorcerer
---Grandmaster Tailor---
-----------RR 2L2----------
----------Rilan 281--------

Hedra
Eagle Knight

Postby Hedra » Feb 27, 2014 02:53

40 body 36 mind ! Better than high mind imo :)
My key trick: sorc is not only a mezzer/demezzer. Many sorcs think they are good just because they get a first mezz but during a fight they use only half of what a sorc can do.
I am assuming direct control.

teddie
Gryphon Knight

Postby teddie » Feb 27, 2014 09:24

Bodyspec (until you reach 44(46) mindspec) = 51- 11 (skills from items) - realmrank + 1

Less Bodyspec = More dmg-variance and more mana per (baseline-)nuke

Other specs depends on situation. You need an ae-root and/or dex/qui debuff against your enemies? Dont drop your Bodypsec.
You need a red ae-mezz and/or red mezzshield? Increase your mindspec earlier and drop your bodyspec.

You are a dedicated roleplayer? That justifies a 50 matterspec also:P
Last edited by teddie on Feb 27, 2014 09:37, edited 1 time in total.

Xedie
Eagle Knight

Postby Xedie » Feb 27, 2014 09:35

Bellatrix wrote:Since i wanted to be the first to open a topic on bard section but somebody have stolen that possibility to me alredy, I decided i won't do a bard and i'll come alb with a sorcerer

Wise choice my friend :wink:

When it comes to realm abilities it's too early to really judge. But I guess purge, lw1, acu3, mota2-3 should be a decent start.
Key tricks? well ... a few general things:

- roots are often more important than mezzes as they can't be cleared. this is especially important for kite-heavy group setups.
- if you land a good mezz, make sure to use amnesia to rupt their demezzer
- priotize single mezzes over ae mezzes if you've the possibility to do so (but guess you know that from your bard already)
- don't underestimate your dmg. there are several occasions where assisting is simply the best option
- use your stat debuffs -> can't stress this enough. most sorcs don't or just rarely use them.
- never ever waste your quickcast on anything else than a demezz. exception: you are 100% sure that an qc mezz/root will get you free for some time or you desperately need to save someones life!
- ae mezz spam can be a pretty decent method to rupt several targets at once (you should see some fights from my pov -> mastery of ae mezz spam 5 :D)
- use your pet :P

Specwise I'd most likely go for 40mind/36body in the early ranks (less mana intensive, less dmg variance on your nukes) and switch over to 46mind/28body later on, as it's the superior spec (higher mezzdamp, larger ae mezz radius, red s/c debuff, red pom - the ae root and higher d/q debuff can't make up for it) :wink:

Zerpi
Warder

Postby Zerpi » Feb 27, 2014 18:25

the best advice i can give you is not to play on alb ! we already have awesome sorcs over here :D in germany they say "Schuster, bleib bei deinen Leisten." :p

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » Feb 27, 2014 18:53

Zerpi wrote:the best advice i can give you is not to play on alb ! we already have awesome sorcs over here :D in germany they say "Schuster, bleib bei deinen Leisten." :p

im sorry but all the awesome sorcs are moving to midgard so alb will need some!

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Feb 27, 2014 19:06

Might roll a sorc after all the gimp sorcs went to midgard where they belong.
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

DerWegIstDasZiel
Myrmidon

Postby DerWegIstDasZiel » Feb 27, 2014 19:12

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:im sorry but all the awesome sorcs are moving to midgard so alb will need some!

Hibernia, i move to Hibernia...

:roll:
---------- Djamak ---------
<West Albion Explorers>
Level 49 Briton Sorcerer
---Grandmaster Tailor---
-----------RR 2L2----------
----------Rilan 281--------

Salandril
Myrmidon

Postby Salandril » Feb 27, 2014 19:19

Xedie wrote:Specwise I'd most likely go for 40mind/36body in the early ranks (less mana intensive, less dmg variance on your nukes)

Doesnt higher mind skill reduce the mana costs of baseline spells like stat debuffs?
U might use those more often than the mana wasting baseline nuke.

Imlo in times of 30 mins purge the 80% mezz shield is the best thing u can have.
I dont see any advantage of a blue ae root. Might be funny for small grp or solo but almost useless in 8v8 besides u want to give snare immu to tanks.

So 46/28 > all ;)

Zerpi
Warder

Postby Zerpi » Feb 27, 2014 20:15

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:
Zerpi wrote:the best advice i can give you is not to play on alb ! we already have awesome sorcs over here :D in germany they say "Schuster, bleib bei deinen Leisten." :p

no idea what sorcs youre talking about :p

Xedie
Eagle Knight

Postby Xedie » Feb 27, 2014 20:19

Zerpi wrote:
[R]Bloodwyne wrote:

no idea what sorcs youre talking about :p

Neither do I.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 27, 2014 22:03

I've seen EVERY body sorc fail hard in the cc task, they can't mezz anything, I will play always mind sorc (maybe I'll try to go 46 mind this time, thx for the advice :wink: )
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Zerpi
Warder

Postby Zerpi » Feb 27, 2014 22:44

46 mind should be rly nice since youre the only demezzer if you dont have a good minst ( almost never in pugs ) its good to have 46 mind so you wont get lost with a second mezz like a bard use to do :p ( grp purge should help against that especially with 30 min purge timer ) ^^

Next

Return to Sorcerer