[Need updates] Midgard Leveling Guide

Public communication platform for all Midgard players.
Ayb
Warder

Postby Ayb » Jul 30, 2012 09:56

Hello again folks, Ayb here with another dug up guide for where to go to level. Note that these are works in progress some parts are outdated. This is information i've scrounged together off the web from other people's hard work which I hope to improve upon. I do hope this guide will assist you in finding your way to 50 and please if you would add your own advice then respond and I shall edit as time allows. Without further ado:

Levels 1-5: Areas near the starting town, should be pretty simple, starter 1-5 quest seems to bug out at times, good luck with it but simply smacking mobs should get you there.

Level 6-9: in southern Gotar. Carrion crawler 6, carrion eater 7, hobgoblin prowler 8, nacken 8, tawny linx 8.

Level 7-8, as you are headed south towards Gal or Gna, you'll cross a big bone bridge and then come to a watch tower before you enter Myrkwood Forest. There are two named Troll Flayers at that watchtower that give kill tasks that are very closeby - carrion crawlers, pine imps, hosts of the earth, and hosts of the wind.

Level 8-10: West of Mularn, hill people(Small pack in the mountains to the right of Jordheim as well), worms and small hill cats.

Level 9-12: Silver drakelings and envy drakes in E. Svealand on road from Auditlen to Dvalin OR entrance to Nisse's lair nearby.

Level 10-13: in NE Vale of Mularn. Hill cat 9-10, rabid wolfhound 11-12.

At level 10 you can pick up *Copious Striders* from Alomali in Vasudheim(Near Docks). Swim SW to loc 36k 20k and kill 10 yellow/OJ Water striders (weak to crush) There is a huge camp and all but the Giant Striders(which roam the island) are neutral. I go here with all newly minted lvl 10s and there has always been fat camp bonuses. Although you only need 10 i hang around there killing them until i am close to 9 bubs, turn-in quest, ding and head to Jord to train.

Level 11-12: South of Huginfel(West Svealand) theres a wide area of blue-yellow mobs, Shadows/Sveawolves/Grass Cats

Level 11-13: perdificus pooks. South across stream from Naliten.

Level 13 - 14 Mora Dancers. Just SE of the guard tower in Gna Faste you will find a large area peppered with Mora Dancers. They go down easily and drop lightweight items that sell for nice cash and can drop nice magical loot on occassion.

Level 13-15: maulers, wolves, shadows, oathbreakers etc. Everything around Huginfel, basically. OR Vendo camps west of Ft. Veldon.

Level 14: Vendo Camps in Vale of Mularn

Level 14-15: in Myrkwood. Svartalfar watcher 13, wolves (assorted levels), mora dancers 14-16.

Level 14-16: Wolves, Tinglers, Creepers around Gna Faste. If not camped you can kill tons of critters in a small area and re-stock very close by. Also most wolves here will give you a group bonus even if they're not attacking in pairs.

Level 15-16: East of Vindsaul Faste (West Svealand side) you'll find a camp of wind sprites. Yellow to 15.

Level 16: in W Svealand. Minor fideal 15-16

Level 16-20: so many choices. Stick with lynxes etc. near Huginfel, or maulers and cave bears in the Vendo Caves.

Level 16-17 Mora Riders conning blue to me at lvl 17 South of Gna Faste guard Tower. Getting about 30k+ for blue, about to 40K+ for yellow Mora Riders far south of Gotar.

Level 17-19: in W Svealand. Blodfelag (various levels). Casters such as haxa 19-20 and windcallers 17-18 are easiest.

Level 18: try out Vendo Flayers near Svasud Faste. The yellow ones have a weakness to both your broadhead arrows and spear, AND they have minus damage to studded armor. Very fast respawn timer be careful here about standing in their spawn.

Level 19-20 Shrieking Willows South of Gna Faste

Level 20-21: in W Svealand. The two Blodfelag houses just north of their fort. They are filled with 10+ chain wearing wolfwarriors 18-19. Come with piercing arrows and a piercing spear and go to town. They have wolfhound scouts, but they should be grey by now.

*Level 20-23*:very nice area of frosty colts, snow imps, cold lights, and the occasional savage lynx and svartalf hunter.basically you get frontier experience without the bleeping snipers.down the road west from Huginfell, bpast the Svart camp, you will see a Blodfelag camp ahead of you.BEFORE that camp, on the hillside to the south, are two spawns: wind sprites (15-17),minor fideals (16-19). The frontier spawns are way up on hillside between those two spawn areas.

Level 21: Soot Harvesters in Muspelheim on hill immediately right of gate.

Level 21-22: Blodfelleg Windcaller ridge between hugginfell & blodfelleg fort, evenly spaced, decent spawn rate and they are casters :-}. Work them a little in from the ridge cause they will spawn on you. Get bored with that pick off the phantom hounds / savage lynx / and frothing seawolves. Alway use caution with the roamers and set up your shots for crits, and this assumes you have max bow, min of yellow con armor and spear, orange ideal.

Level 22: Dryad Blossoms and Treekeeps at the farthest SE corner of Skona Ravine.

Level 23: Shrieks in Skona Ravine, broadheads + Orange/Yellow con bow + 2-3 hit death. Terrible loot but last night I got 2 bubbles per hour. You can actally pick up a gold or two by killing the green con siethkonas at midnight to 3am or so on the stonehendge to pay for your arrows / craft supplies.

Level 24: Moss Maidens around 36k 57k in Skona Ravine.

Level 25: Fire Flowers in Musp

Level 26-28: in Skona Ravine. Tree spirit 26-27. There is a nice camp of trees just south of the stone circle.

Level 27-28: Mephitic Ghouls in Muspelheim. Con yellow, sometimes orange at level 28, provide 900-1000k xp, and don't seem very social. +15 bonus if using slashing.

Level 27 Fire Giant Lookouts in North near more ghouls also become very soloable around lvl 27-28. Fire Giants tend to call for help... so draw them away. Rare drops.

Level 28:28 Werewolf Warder (Skona Ravine),
Seared Skeletons, Mephitic Ghouls, Fire Wyrms (Muspelheim)

Level 29-31: in Skona Ravine. Young wolverine 28-29, callow wolverine 30-31, WW warder 27-30. Or start hunting Young Wyverns (yellow to 29) or Chattering Skeletons (Oj-Red to 29) in Uppland.

Level 30: Young Fire Wyrms and Cinder Drakes. Both tend to nuke on occaission... but go down easily. Couple named mobs with 1 time drops will occaissionally wander through the camps for a pleasant suprise if you are a high enough level to recieve the reward for killing them.

Level 32 Werewolf Guards in Skona Ravine are still mostly yellow with a few orange. Two nice spots are tower next to Varu dungeon and east along that same ledge. Plenty of Callow Wolverines in a pit near some guards if you get bored of Guards. Couple rare named spawns near that area as well.

Level 32-34: crab plateau in uppland. Exit out the back of Svasud Faste and hug the right mountainside heading up and north. You will see a large shelf on the side of the mountain near the top where these huge crabs are. Stay on the shelf and bash crabs all day. crabs were red/purp at 29

Level 35 Mud Crabs in Vanern Swamp at about 56k 58k southeast corner. Start to con yellow at lvl 35 and give 6-7 mil xp. Rare drop of Magic Studded Sleeves. Mud Frogs in surrounding area con blue to yellow and drop infrequent loot worth over 1gp each. Since Crabs only spawn in the area from 1830 to 0600, you can kill frogs for loot while waiting for them to respawn.

Level 35-38: Varulvhamn Dungeon is apparently still doable but the pathing information is not correct as such I have removed that note. At 36 I would like for middies to know about the giant snow crabs in Uppland, they con yellow at 36, Ice Lizards should be blue/yellow. Good spot, weak to crush, neutral mobs so you can do 1 at a time without problem.

37: Giant Snowcrabs, Gelid Mass, Frost Orms, Nordic Yetis. All are in a nice little region so you can just continually plow through them.

Level 38-41: Runemasters:Malmohus. At right of entrance, you have ten Svakuld Missionaries. The ones with the bows. Cause they try to shoot with bows and you interrupt them, they can t fire at you. And you don t need to root them.

Levevl 40+:This is ify, but in Varul if you can make your way down to the Lunar room. These are especially weak. 8mil+ per kill. BE WARNED that these Lunars will call for help occasionaly.

Level 40-42: The Bone Eater Oracle camp in yggdra, just north of Grallerhorne Faste is great for 40-42, maybe even 43. Some oranges might be a bit much at 40, but they're not very common. Grab a Taiga Cat or Frost Hound (both excellent pets) and you're set for a level or two. Other option is to go into Spindelhalla and start on svartalf thralls.
"I went to that Oracle camp solo.I know I am not a hunter but I figure wth.Well I pulled one, and he baf'd 4 more.I had to haul ass back to the horn relic." -Netstalker

Level 43-45: Dodens for icewolves at 43 and 44, if you get ejected by invaders at 44 you can go to Raumarik and fight Icestrider Frostweavers are yellow to 44, chillers are oj but I find my SB can handle them easily. DO NOT LET THEM NUKE YOU, there melee is crap but the ice nuke will tear you apart.

Level 45-47: Runemasters do ice creatures and shard golems by the undead invader camp. Weak to energy.

Level 47-49:Trollkarls (room with the upper walkway in Spindelhalla)

Keep in mind the original author crafted this guide to help hunters (sometimes with buff bots) and as such this should be adjusted and treated accordingly by other classes. As well as i'm still working to adjust it to Uthgard specifically. Again any tips, advice etc. is welcome and shall be added as I can. Good luck fellow level grinders.

I honestly have no clue about the quests but if yall want me to add them in I will as the information is provided. As always thankyou for added information :)
Last edited by Ayb on Sep 26, 2013 18:21, edited 12 times in total.

Akip
Alerion Knight

Postby Akip » Jul 31, 2012 02:58

pweet missed one save it :(!

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jul 31, 2012 03:36

No I just dont like Mids :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_Oglop_
Phoenix Knight

Postby _Oglop_ » Jul 31, 2012 05:20

It's okay, I got you covered now pweet!

pweet wrote: The best lvling guide on Uth is, go to the zones mentioned above and roam around solo and kill blue/yellows with full camp bonus till u r 40+ then you join groups.

It's really true, it's how I leveled most of my toons~
"It's not fair unless I'm winning!"

Ridifool
Myrmidon

Postby Ridifool » Aug 01, 2012 18:44

nice guide - i would add some quests that require little/no travel:

At level 10 you can pick up *Copious Striders* from Alomali in Vasudheim(Near Docks). Swim SW to loc 36k 20k and kill 10 yellow/OJ Water striders (weak to crush) There is a huge camp and all but the Giant Striders(which roam the island) are neutral. I go here with all newly minted lvl 10s and there has always been fat camp bonuses. Although you only need 10 i hang around there killing them until i am close to 9 bubs, turn-in quest, ding and head to Jord to train.
Nightshade, Blademaster, Bard, Mentalist

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Aug 01, 2012 20:52

there is one quest in JH i think at level 30, starting NPC is either shon or vain near the upper forge. Just runing around a bit in JH, can be done in 5 minutes and about 6 bubbs xp.
Last edited by holsten-knight on Aug 02, 2012 03:46, edited 1 time in total.

Ridifool
Myrmidon

Postby Ridifool » Aug 01, 2012 21:06

i did that 1 yesterday and when i went to horse NPC HE had a delivery quest in Jord as wellL: something about bed bugs...
Nightshade, Blademaster, Bard, Mentalist

adjuchas_brokk
Myrmidon

Postby adjuchas_brokk » Aug 02, 2012 00:36

I was able to level from level 22-40 fairly quickly solo in Uppland by moving from spot to spot to get capped camp bonus and pvp zone bonuses (doing all the BGs inbetween)
This works well if you've got the patients to put up with grey killers and alike.

40-50 was mostly grouping in Dodens, DF and such.

vangonaj
Alerion Knight

Postby vangonaj » Aug 04, 2012 01:51

Mids have df 90% of time. DF DF DF ... If df is closed Dodend Dodens Dodens...

dinj
Gryphon Knight

Postby dinj » Aug 09, 2012 13:19

vangonaj wrote:DF DF DF ... If df is closed Dodend Dodens Dodens...

sad but true

bberg
Guardian

Postby bberg » Aug 14, 2012 16:28

A very minor detail (which most may be aware of since pathing works differently here): the wolfdudes in Varulvhamn don't follow the path across the bridge and just runs straight at you (the level 36-38 tip). The spot is still alright, but no as good as the guide describes it.

arnius
Gryphon Knight

Postby arnius » Aug 14, 2012 17:15

vangonaj wrote:Mids have df 90% of time. DF DF DF ... If df is closed Dodend Dodens Dodens...

Just camp in Dodens perma, the seals aren't worth the xp & for money farming go somewhere else.
Either by mass pulls (malmo/rauma) or loot drops (dragon/legion/frontier mobs/taj)
"The past is what made the present, and is a guide line for the future." "A cynic is someone who knows the price off everything, but from nothing the value." "Memento mori, so you can live"

Ayb
Warder

Postby Ayb » Aug 14, 2012 19:43

Sigh people are missing the point. The guide is for those of you stuck solo, when you can't find a group. It happens to people, the idea is to at least let them have somewhere to go.

Qibonesi
Warder

Postby Qibonesi » Aug 14, 2012 20:44

bberg wrote:A very minor detail (which most may be aware of since pathing works differently here): the wolfdudes in Varulvhamn don't follow the path across the bridge and just runs straight at you (the level 36-38 tip). The spot is still alright, but no as good as the guide describes it.

The same could be said about Spind with cave trows. Those used to be primo spots for ranged classes, now you're better off find a flat spaced area to root and range or try to mass kill yellows at max range.

dinj
Gryphon Knight

Postby dinj » Aug 22, 2012 13:49

thanks for this guide btw. it has helped me so far soloing on my rm. :D

Next

Return to Midgard