Armsman Armor

Philburn
Guardian

Postby Philburn » Nov 22, 2017 22:40

Hey all I was looking at armor resists caps; I admit my calculations may be off but by going with base resists (34) and what plate is weak and strong against wouldn't it be better overall to go with chain? I am looking at chain(27) with 30% crush resists and 9% slash. Giving that plate has 0% slash and -13% on crush seems overall chain has it best in both worlds. Thrust I understand plate gives much better at but I wouldn't think in majority of 8mans and RVR in general thrust matters compared to slash and crush would be priority. Any thoughts or am I going crazy? Thanks much

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Apr 13, 2018 13:32

Quite interesting. Chain would be cheaper too.
At the end it wont matter much since Arms is the last target anyways.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Apr 13, 2018 14:23

Plate is cheaper to make than chain, but might be fewer who make plate pushing prices up.
Albion and having fun

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Apr 13, 2018 14:52

What you should do is running around in full plate for the looks and if a hammer hits you, you drag and drop a chain vest.
That's what I did if I played druid e.g. fi there was a sword trying to hit me 8)
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Apr 16, 2018 13:27

You can also mix and match armor, like the guards some parts as mail and some as plate.
I enjoy mail helmet, legs, gloves, sleeves and plate hauberk and boots.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Yusef Ballin
Warder

Postby Yusef Ballin » May 03, 2018 00:32

The only reason I would wear a chain vest is for timeless indigo mail. It has a heal proc which combos really well with ablatives.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Return to Armsman