Armsman leveling spec

unincoinco
Warder

Postby unincoinco » Jul 01, 2017 23:27

So I have played a little DAoC but never that much, as a background to this topic.

I want to level an Armsman. I have been farming some plat with my necromancer.

For spec, from what I hear, the best way to level is to keep Crush at your level until 40, then spec out of Crush.

So, as far as gear goes, someone told me I will mainly be using weapon and shield while leveling, this is true?

I can keep Crush at level, but with the remaining points, if I want to do dmg, I put points into Polearm?

Should I put points into shield?

I am just confused, I was thinking I would keep Crush at level, then put the rest into Polearm, use weapon/shield if I am tanking and switch to polearm when I am not taking damage but I guess this isn't a good idea?

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jul 02, 2017 16:40

Best is to go your [Your Level]-([Your Level]/5+1) in Crush
So at level 20 you should have 20-(20/5+1)= 20-(4+1)=15
at level 25 you should have 19 crush
at level 30 you should have 23 crush
etc...
then max out shield and the rest in parry. No need to use polearm until level 40.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Jul 02, 2017 17:53

Requin wrote:then max out shield and the rest in parry. No need to use polearm until level 40.

Be REALLY careful with this advice.
The goal is to respec LINE (one line of spec) at 40 (respec crush to go thrust or slash).
If you put more than 42 in shield, or more than Xx (depend on final spec) in parry.
It will be wasted and you'll need a full respec stone = 8-10 plat a piece.

Plan your final spec as you want it.
Example : 50 42 39 13
Wich means : 42 shield max & 13 parry max (it's just an example, i don't know your final spec plan.)

BTW : since you WANT 50 polearm final spec, it's not a big deal to put points in polearm while leveling. If group already have a tank, you can then dps (and switch shield when guard needed, or if you get the aggro)

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jul 02, 2017 18:51

Yes what Kha said,
Of course you have to plannify the thing, and its part of your job to do so...
We are just giving an idea to you.

Don't randomly put your point.
What I usually do is simulate my character leveling up from level 1 to 50 and put my points, do my respecs etc... until it matched both leveling and final spec.
use the charbuilder:
http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/armsman.html

The best would be to respec Parry at 40. and stay crush at 50.
Then when you have a respec stone, you can do your final build. Maybe better to wait until RR5.
Example of rr0 build:
lvl 19 15 Crush 19 Shield 10 Parry
lvl 39 34 Crush 37 Shield 21 Parry
lvl 40 (Respec Parry) 34 Crush 37 Shield 25 Polearm
lvl 50 34 Crush 42 Shield 50 Polearm 20 Parry --- 0 points left and fully autotrained.

Example of rr5 build:
lvl 50 36 Slash 42 Shield 50 Polearm 20 Parry rest crossbow
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

joga
Myrmidon

Postby joga » Apr 17, 2018 00:34

Would it be viable to respec crush at 40, but keep on at'ing pierce and slash and just use pole and shield for the way to 50?
I know not having a base weapon specc'd hampers your min-dmg of pole, but is it that big of a difference?
You also have taunt-styles in both pierce and slash from autotrain.

edit: nvm, found an answer here https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=&p=395269#p395269

Return to Armsman