Weapon Speeds

DearyoDrum
Myrmidon

Postby DearyoDrum » Apr 02, 2017 16:11

What is the consensus on weapon speeds for a pole armsman with shield, 1h weapon, and pole? This is directed for RvR only. I had figuered a small and fast shield, the fastest possible. My role in RvR is to peel and slam, but I would like to deal large polesrn hits, I defer to the court...
Dearyo Drum
<Rare> - Midgard
Realm ranks don't cure stupid.

onizukasensei
Myrmidon

Postby onizukasensei » Apr 03, 2017 10:52

DearyoDrum wrote:What is the consensus on weapon speeds for a pole armsman with shield, 1h weapon, and pole? This is directed for RvR only. I had figuered a small and fast shield, the fastest possible. My role in RvR is to peel and slam, but I would like to deal large polesrn hits, I defer to the court...

Noone can tell you exactly what's the weapon speed you need unless he knows your exact stats, if you'll have haste buff, what con of haste buff etc.

Rule of thumb is to run with a weapon that makes you reach swing cap in order to peel fast (weapon's speed is selected with the help of a melee swing time calculator) and a buckler for fastest possible slams and least possible endurance cost.
You will need to also have a Large shield in your inventory for guarding duties if need arises.

Polearm will have a use on 50% of your RvR time, since dat Pole's insane snare is highly needed.
Also it will help you to deal proper damage when assist is needed.

MotaroReloaded
Eagle Knight

Postby MotaroReloaded » Apr 11, 2017 01:20

I just go with 5.7 spd on thrust pole and 5.8 spd on slash pole.. with haste and dext/quic its fast enough ..i wouldnt run with anything under 5.0 spd as % of end used per swing is same regardless of weapon spd 5.0 or 6.0 .
Glacius ( previous acount name)
Albion

Glacius - WIzzard
Disrupter - Armsman

ntc
Myrmidon

Postby ntc » Apr 20, 2017 15:50

I use the 5.8 slash if we have a therg, I also carry a 5.2 if we don't have a therg and for some reason I don't have haste.

I was originally thinking about seeing what the fastest pole arm available was to determine if the 27 sec snare could be viable in pvp. But most of the difficult groups I have faced recently have pbt, most of them hibs with wardens. I have found the chance to hit the back snare is pretty low, and the decreased dps from a faster weapon is not worth the chance of hitting it.
Rune - Ntce
Arms - Ntco
Cab - Magas

Old AE Vids

(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLd2U4tEJE
(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45zPBzc9_0
(Gareth) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4eC1K4o1bM

Return to Armsman