Bad sign?

Liumaran
Guardian

Postby Liumaran » Mar 16, 2017 16:20

I'm new after a 14 year hiatus. Thought I'd roll an armsman. I'm not a super elitist rvr sort. Just wanted to bring back a good time. Will I have issues finding groups to level with? I asked a few people how armsman were and they said "meme required". I'm going to assume that's a bad sign. Any thoughts?

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Mar 16, 2017 16:24

I have no idea what that means. Armsman are great for both PvE and RvR. Keep in mind that most people will do kill tasks until 20 so that's when grouping really picks up for everyone.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Liumaran
Guardian

Postby Liumaran » Mar 16, 2017 17:01

Thanks. I dunno what that means either. The only other comment I got was I won't be able to afford to be effective that it costs too much for armsman gear and I need a cash cow necromancer. grinding an alt for money seems not so fun. I'm just a casual player so I'm sure it'll be ok.

Everyone in alb has been pretty friendly though, just want to make sure I'm not rolling a 3 legged unicorn.

Revian
Myrmidon

Postby Revian » Mar 16, 2017 18:54

Armsman are welcome in a wide variety of RvR and PvE groups. If you enjoy the class there is no reason not to stick with it. The cost of the gear at level 50 is a little high but nothing that you can't reach without a farming alt. Take it from a 50 Armsman without a farming alt. ;) For money, I would recommend working on Armorcrafting as you level up so you can salvage your drops and trinket them for money. If you do it over time as you level it can be a huge money helper. If you want to be able to salvage drops for even cheaper make an alt who can be a tailor and salvage everything through the alt.

If you have questions about the class, Armorcrafting, salvaging or anything else shoot me a tell in game or PM me here.
Last edited by Revian on Mar 17, 2017 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
----Currently----
Revian - Uthgard, 50 Armsman, Legendary Armorcrafter

----Previously----
Barrin - MLF, 50 Hero
Revian - MLF, 50 Enchanter

Liumaran
Guardian

Postby Liumaran » Mar 16, 2017 22:27

Thanks rev!

Return to Armsman