Armsman RVR Damage Cap?

nickxsk
Warder

Postby nickxsk » Feb 12, 2017 12:22

is there one? if so how much? and is it true classic? I was told there is an Armsman damage cap of 450 or something is why I am asking.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 12, 2017 12:26

Cap dmg is calculated by a formula like for every other weapon dependent on the weapon speed. Don't listen to rumors of ppl who have no clue.

nickxsk
Warder

Postby nickxsk » Feb 12, 2017 14:22

pweet wrote:Cap dmg is calculated by a formula like for every other weapon dependent on the weapon speed. Don't listen to rumors of ppl who have no clue.

ok , its just I heard from my friend that he had armsman friends in his rvr groups during beta , and they were hitting cloth casters for like 450 cap top damage. and said should be around 600-700+ damage.

nickxsk
Warder

Postby nickxsk » Feb 13, 2017 09:53

please anyone have more feedback on this??

Lasastard
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lasastard » Feb 13, 2017 10:03

The damage formula on Uthgard for 2h classes has been subject of debate on multiple occasions over the years. It mostly goes like this "But back in the day my pole armesman would hit for 700dmg), something must be bugged!".

No conclusive evidence for that has ever been presented (granted, it is very difficult), but it is very important to keep a few things in mind:

- not everyone back then was fully templated
- people would go into RvR before hitting level 50
- swing speed of the weapon
- RA spec (crits, aug strength, ...)

So while it is very possible that a pole (or 2h) armsman was able to do such damage, it probably wasn't on another lvl 50 with fully capped sc template standing up (sitting is another matter). Given the amount of health of your typical caster (1300ish?), 2 shot kills would be a bit silly anyway (without crit ofc).

nickxsk
Warder

Postby nickxsk » Feb 13, 2017 13:07

Lasastard wrote:The damage formula on Uthgard for 2h classes has been subject of debate on multiple occasions over the years. It mostly goes like this "But back in the day my pole armesman would hit for 700dmg), something must be bugged!".

No conclusive evidence for that has ever been presented (granted, it is very difficult), but it is very important to keep a few things in mind:

- not everyone back then was fully templated
- people would go into RvR before hitting level 50
- swing speed of the weapon
- RA spec (crits, aug strength, ...)

So while it is very possible that a pole (or 2h) armsman was able to do such damage, it probably wasn't on another lvl 50 with fully capped sc template standing up (sitting is another matter). Given the amount of health of your typical caster (1300ish?), 2 shot kills would be a bit silly anyway (without crit ofc).

I guess that is true and makes sense . its just my buddy made it sound like there was a specific nerf or bug dmg cap to armsman pole damage or 2h .. so I am unsure

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Feb 13, 2017 14:42

Back on live, during ToA, before Catacombs, a lvl 39 Avalonian Pole Arms, Molvik BG. Full SC'd and buffed. Weapon: 6.0 speed 100% Halberd.

Target: Champion in Crap/DF Armor with low slash resists.

Well, he debuffed my quickness and attack speed, so, the results are quite nice. ;)

And yes, these are almost 1k damage on lvl 39 with a single hit.
Albion Forever!

seanbud
Myrmidon

Postby seanbud » Feb 14, 2017 09:59

silenced wrote:Image

Back on live, during ToA, before Catacombs, a lvl 39 Avalonian Pole Arms, Molvik BG. Full SC'd and buffed. Weapon: 6.0 speed 100% Halberd.

Target: Champion in Crap/DF Armor with low slash resists.

Well, he debuffed my quickness and attack speed, so, the results are quite nice. ;)

And yes, these are almost 1k damage on lvl 39 with a single hit.

everything you said is startlingly irrelevant lol

nickxsk
Warder

Postby nickxsk » Feb 14, 2017 10:41

yeah its discouraging that i am not getting a straight answer from anyone ... its like nobody knows if its working properly or nerfed/bugged... no devs/gms respond either ..

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 14, 2017 11:11

nickxsk wrote:yeah its discouraging that i am not getting a straight answer from anyone ... its like nobody knows if its working properly or nerfed/bugged... no devs/gms respond either ..

I already told you in the first post and via pm that it is working as intended. If you still think sth is off feel free to log in on pendragon and do live tests and compare to uthgard.

Vegamite
Warder

Postby Vegamite » Feb 15, 2017 22:29

I went highlander + 15 strn at creation... just hoping for the best

Return to Armsman